Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF: Andrew Luck is one of the game's top 5 QBs

stitches

Love to see the quicker release. There is still one thing missing from his game. He never just throws the ball OB to live another down. I'm not saying a lot of that is good, but there are a few plays where he still risks a  throw rather than tossing it OB and getting it right the next play. 

• Like 1

I've learned the hard way (it's bitten me when I do) to try hard and not use absolutes.

So, I try to not to use words like "never" or "always"...       because it's incredibly rare that things never or always happen.     So, something as easy as dropping in the word "almost" in front of either of those words protects you.    

I'm bringing this up because, just by the eyeball test,  I thought Luck threw away more passes last year than any other year he's been in the pros.     I thought he was much improved.    I'd still like to see more of that.    But I thought I saw improvement.

Just another persepctive....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've learned the hard way (it's bitten me when I do) to try hard and not use absolutes.

So, I try to not to use words like "never" or "always"...       because it's incredibly rare that things never or always happen.     So, something as easy as dropping in the word "almost" in front of either of those words protects you.    

I'm bringing this up because, just by the eyeball test,  I thought Luck threw away more passes last year than any other year he's been in the pros.     I thought he was much improved.    I'd still like to see more of that.    But I thought I saw improvement.

Yes...never was too strong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah I agree. I have learned to stop saying everyone and just use the words most or some when I post now regarding a topic. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree. I have learned to stop saying everyone and just use the words most or some when I post now regarding a topic. 

Yup....   good move...

I also try to use things like...   possible..  or probable... or likely...   or unlikely...    and if need be,  I'll high a word like "highly" in front of them.      Anything that's a little more measured.

I'm not perfect on this...   sometimes I'm in a rush,  and I'll speed trap myself and forget my own rules for good posting....    this drives me crazy when I do....   but I do try to do this as much as I can...    as I said in a previous post...    it's protection for everyone involved...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup....   good move...

I also try to use things like...   possible..  or probable... or likely...   or unlikely...    and if need be,  I'll high a word like "highly" in front of them.      Anything that's a little more measured.

I'm not perfect on this...   sometimes I'm in a rush,  and I'll speed trap myself and forget my own rules for good posting....    this drives me crazy when I do....   but I do try to do this as much as I can...    as I said in a previous post...    it's protection for everyone involved...

Yeah it is amazing how 1 or 2 words can be used wrongly to change an outlook on an entire otherwise good post.

• Like 1

When playmaking ability meets efficiency, the result is excellent QBing.

Alex Smith was super efficient, but never a playmaker (until his last year in KC, ironically; it got KC a nice trade package, and got him a big contract). Michael Vick was an incredible playmaker, but never efficient (until he got with Andy Reid, coincidentally). 

Luck has always been a playmaker, but the offenses he was asked to run never promoted efficiency. He's adjusting well to Reich's offense, and was more efficient last season than he's ever been. Then you watch the plays he made down the stretch last season -- like the Dolphins game, for example -- and it's possible that he's going to achieve an ideal balance of playmaking and efficiency this year. And that should scare the rest of the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1