Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Certainly Hope.....

wercolts

....that the Colts plans for rebuilding involve a lot more than just tearing the old team down and banking on Luck. There are a lot of quality FA's that won't last long, so somebody needs to start spending the $$$ they're not paying all the players that have already been sent packing.

last thing we need to do is spend every bit of our money and overpay players, been their done that, thats why were in the mess were in, well one of the reasons

I'm not talking break the bank players like Williams or V. Jackson but you have to put some impact players around a rookie QB. Nicks, from the Saints at guard would be a good start, and a RB wouldn't hurt or cost much. Maybe a corner or two so the offense doesn't have to score 30 to win. The Colts have no core anymore, and unless you don't mind losing a lot or a while, the draft isn't gonna get you very many wins very soon. Rebuilding takes a while I know, but when it takes too long you start to lose the culture of winning, the ability to attract more talent and your fan base.

After we draft Luck I think our next biggest team need is NT. Good NT don't grow on trees and it takes a few years for rookies to fill in at that position. I think we should try to build as good a defense as we can afford right now and rebuild the offense through the draft over the next few years.

I heard there's a pretty good FA QB on the market, and he's actually in Indy right now. Maybe we should work him out?

Yes, I heard that too. Too bad he is on the wrong side of 35, coming off multiple surgeries and is still rehabbing. There are a lot of questions regarding his throwing ability.

I don't think this is good material with which to rebuild. He would be declining as the team is progressing. Pass.

I'm not talking break the bank players like Williams or V. Jackson but you have to put some impact players around a rookie QB. Nicks, from the Saints at guard would be a good start, and a RB wouldn't hurt or cost much. Maybe a corner or two so the offense doesn't have to score 30 to win. The Colts have no core anymore, and unless you don't mind losing a lot or a while, the draft isn't gonna get you very many wins very soon. Rebuilding takes a while I know, but when it takes too long you start to lose the culture of winning, the ability to attract more talent and your fan base.

go look at the roster, we still have a core ---- core is Oline, Dline, some special teams, some quality offensive players (white, collie, tamme, brown, carter), defensive players (angerer, mathis, the kid from LSU DT, etc.)

So i dont think it's as bad as saying we lost our core.

If you don't want to break the bank, then why did you bring up Carl Nicks, who has openly stated he wants to be the Highest paid OG in the league. We do need help in FA, i agree with you on that, but it has to be financially conducive to the Team, also.