Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency

Moncrief

I hope we adress the following positions.

Offensive Line

- (Eric Winston, Scott Wells, Evan Mathis)

Wide Receiver

- (Eddie Royal, Robert Meachem, Harry Douglas, Steve Smith *Eagles*)

Tight Ends

- (Kevin Boss, Martellus Bennett)

Linebackers

- (Jarret Johnson, Barrett Ruud)

Cornerbacks

- (Dominque Foxworth, Kelvin Hayden, Tracy Porter, Aaron Ross)

Safeties

- (Tom Zbikowski, Courtney Greene, Steve Gregory, Paul Oliver)

I hope we adress the following positions.

Offensive Line

- (Eric Winston, Scott Wells, Evan Mathis)

Wide Receiver

- (Eddie Royal, Robert Meachem, Harry Douglas, Steve Smith *Eagles*)

Tight Ends

- (Kevin Boss, Martellus Bennett)

Linebackers

- (Jarret Johnson, Barrett Ruud)

Cornerbacks

- (Dominque Foxworth, Kelvin Hayden, Tracy Porter, Aaron Ross)

Safeties

- (Tom Zbikowski, Courtney Greene, Steve Gregory, Paul Oliver)

I would be in favor of signing Tracy Porter!

I think we will re-sign some of our own (Tamme, Anderson), but other no first day signings. I could see us making some moves in the second wave of signings.

You know I think we might be moving away from the pass catching tightend and want more blockers and traditional tightends like Eldgridge. If that's the case we might not keep Tamme. With that said if he's cheap I am all for having him back because he was honestly one of the few good special teamers we had.

I read that the Rams released their center, I believe due to the salary cap. He has size, 6'3" 320lbs, and was previously with the Ravens. If Saturday does not return this guy may be an option. Of course it all depends on how much he wants to get paid and if he would even want to come to the Colts at this point.

I read that the Rams released their center, I believe due to the salary cap. He has size, 6'3" 320lbs, and was previously with the Ravens. If Saturday does not return this guy may be an option. Of course it all depends on how much he wants to get paid and if he would even want to come to the Colts at this point.

NFL Players tend to go where the money is. Sure you have some guys that will go some place to win but they tend to be the guys at the end of their career trying to chase a ring. Other wise since you can be cut at any point in time in the NFL guys try to go where they can get the most money the fastest. So I wouldn't be worried about guys turning us down because we are rebuilding. I doubt we are going to be going after older players anyways.

You know I think we might be moving away from the pass catching tightend and want more blockers and traditional tightends like Eldgridge. If that's the case we might not keep Tamme. With that said if he's cheap I am all for having him back because he was honestly one of the few good special teamers we had.

A good pass catching TE is a rookie Qb's best friend. Even if we are moving away from it, Tamme would be a good option to give a 3 year deal too. I personally think Tamme is the kind of player you keep around the organization.

Speaking of TEs, do you think Justin Snow will continue to take a roster spot?

A good pass catching TE is a rookie Qb's best friend. Even if we are moving away from it, Tamme would be a good option to give a 3 year deal too. I personally think Tamme is the kind of player you keep around the organization.

Speaking of TEs, do you think Justin Snow will continue to take a roster spot?

Justin Snow is a TE as much as Pat McAfee is QB. Yes they are listed ont he roster as that (and McAfee is as the emgerncy QB). He's the long snapper that's all we use him for.

I wouldn't mind having Tamme back I am just saying I could see how the Colts may elect to move on from him.

Justin Snow is a TE as much as Pat McAfee is QB. Yes they are listed ont he roster as that (and McAfee is as the emgerncy QB). He's the long snapper that's all we use him for.

I wouldn't mind having Tamme back I am just saying I could see how the Colts may elect to move on from him.

I understand he is only a long snapper. He used to take some game reps at the TE position, but hasn't in years.

Got this from undecided Frog off the Cap thread just an FYI

2012 cap

updated to reflect K. Hayden and J. McClendon carryover cap hits

updated to reflect updates to the contracts data base spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap-hit/

updated to relect the positive carryover from 2011 http://profootballta...-space-by-team/

38 players under contract (inlcuding Freeman) = $59.92MM

9 players with dead cap space = $37.83MM

Luck = $4.20MM

14 Rookies= $6.96MM (allowing aggregate $1.5MM in premiums to picks #34 and #65)

Total = $108.91MM

Cap = $120.6MM

2011 cap rollover = $2.5MM

Additional cap space awarded by league (Cowboys/Redskins penalty) = $1.643MM

Available = $15.83MM

This means when we either cut/trade Freeney we will have 15.83MM + 14MM = 29.83MM in free agency. Sure would be nice to get some young talent that will around for the next 4-6 years.

Here is my short list

Paul Soliai DT He is 28, would help anchor the D Line

Kendall Langford DE He is 26 good pick up for the 3-4

Miami is switching to a 4-3 so the talk is they wont bring back these two guys they would fit good in out rebuild for the right price.

Carl Nicks G 26 2 time pro bowler at 26

Ben Grubbs G 28 Good starter

Would love to get any one of these four guys to help with the rebuild. Proven young linemen then we can work on other spots in the draft.