Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garrett Bradbury runs unofficial 4.95 and 4.93 forty

• Superman changed the title to Garrett Bradbury runs unofficial 4.95 and 4.93 forty
5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Doesn't he have short arms though?

Regardless . . . for the first time in a long time, OL is not a need.  

Garrett does not have the preferred arm length to play outside. It should not impact him playing inside though. 

I agree that it is nice to not have a need on the OL. However, we can quickly get back into a bad situation if we are not replenishing... I am not saying we are in a position to use a first round pick, but if Bradbury falls to #59 then it would be very enticing. I think he might be gone in the late first or early second though.  

50 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Although center and interior offensive line is not a huge need for the Colts right now, I do like Bradbury a lot. 

Bradbury might work his way into the first round discussion. 

Garrett Bradbury runs unofficial 4.95 and 4.93 forty

Garrett-Bradbury-Player-Card.png

Oh, I am a big fan of that NC State O-line. If I am not mistaken, they play ZBS and that OL was top 5 or 6 in the nation in efficiency. 

• Like 2

While reading up on him a while ago mainly because I was looking for RT prospects from good O-lines, I ended up looking at NC State OL. Then, I found this well written article on Bradbury:

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2019/1/31/18204675/film-room-scouting-report-on-nc-state-garrett-bradbury-2019-nfl-draft

Looks like an athletic center indeed, Rimington award winner too (best college center in 2018 season). Looks like he may even go late round 1 to a playoff team.

• Like 1

While, in our current situation with a few glaring needs, I wouldn't use a 1 on o-line, I don't think you can ever have too much quality in the trenches. Based on everything CB has said, he seems to think the same way. Who knows, if this guy ends up being BPA on our board when we pick, I wouldn't be upset at all if we pulled the trigger.

If he lasted till our late 3rd round pick, I would be all for drafting him to be our backup swing C/OG in case of injury to Kelly, Glow, or Nelson. 

I don't think that much of Boehm, and Kelly seems to get hurt often so having a very talented backup wouldn't be the worst idea. 

The top 2 rounds should be spent on defense though. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

If he lasted till our late 3rd round pick, I would be all for drafting him to be our backup swing C/OG in case of injury to Kelly, Glow, or Nelson. 

I don't think that much of Boehm, and Kelly seems to get hurt often so having a very talented backup wouldn't be the worst idea. 

We would have to get him with our late 2nd at worst, and we probably do not have the luxury of a third second rounder to get him. 

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The top 2 rounds should be spent on defense though. 

He's not going to last to pick 89.     Not even close.

He was a solid Day 2 kid BEFORE running sub-5.

As others have noted,  he now may be viewed as a possible first round kid.      Not even sure if he lasts to our pick 59?      Kid should be long gone by then.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Garrett does not have the preferred arm length to play outside. It should not impact him playing inside though. 

I agree that it is nice to not have a need on the OL. However, we can quickly get back into a bad situation if we are not replenishing... I am not saying we are in a position to use a first round pick, but if Bradbury falls to #59 then it would be very enticing. I think he might be gone in the late first or early second though.  

If we are going to pick up a OL in the draft I think it should be a developmental tackle who can if he fails at playing tackle can at least play guard.  

Castanzo has his contract coming up and he's getting up there in age, although he probably has 3 or 4 good years left in him.  But if we are thinking about OL, we should think about a possible replacement at LT.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

If we are going to pick up a OL in the draft I think it should be a developmental tackle who can if he fails at playing tackle can at least play guard.  

Castanzo has his contract coming up and he's getting up there in age, although he probably has 3 or 4 good years left in him.  But if we are thinking about OL, we should think about a possible replacement at LT.  

When possible you want to draft from the outside in... However, available talent inside sometimes takes that choice away. I think Bradbury would be in our sights at 26 if we didn’t already have a nice unit inside. 

Because we would be drafting OL for depth, he will likely be long gone before our need/value would hit.