Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

K.C. -5

coltsorioles

What i like is we seem to gave an offense and defense BOTH built for the playoffs..... and BEYOND !

I dont want to get ahead of ourselves, but...:

We have been successful ALL YEAR at stopping the run.  Desir and Moore are playing the best football of their cateers i think.  The DL is at least getting consistent pressure, especially up the middle.  Did i mention we are CONSISTENTLY stopping the run? And our LBs have been solid.  Our D is as solid as any in the AFC right now, except for possibly Baltimore.   We basically give offenses short passes and force teams to methodically move down the field with no mistakes.  Coupled with good field position and we've seen how successful a D can be.  And our D is simple too.

Our Offense can beat you running or passing.  And, we can beat you passing short or long.  We control the line of scrimmage.   Sacks and touches are scarce, etc, etc,etc.

I wanna be realistic, but the more I look, the more I see us as sound from both roster and coaching, as any team in the AFC.  

Us versus the Ravens is an interesting matchup.

I cant wait to see what happens in KC.

• Like 1

Just looked over their last few games and stats.

1. Contain Hill like we have been with #1s

2. Contain Kelcey (see #3)

3. They have no scary running game.  Mahomes doesnt much, and can put ball on ground when he does. (Go after FF with him). Because of no big running threat , we can lean that resource toward Kelcey.  

Force mahomes to beat us without hill and kelsey (as much as possible). Our D is designed to take away the big play so maybe some turnovers from forces?

on offense, a similar plan to texans might help negate their strength... pass rush.  I think we'll run the ball well enuff, and play action will burn them.  You just cant seem to hold this offense down for 60 mins.

i think i like our O against their D better than their O against our D.  Our D is kinda built to play them.    .... and Baltimore, and SD, and NE.  I'm just not sure if we have the roster depth and "majic" to pull it off.

We may get a treat watching Frank and their coach giving a graduate course in play-calling.

This is somewhat reasonable IMO. We have only played one top 15 offense in the league this season (the Pats) and they put 38 on us. True, that was without Leonard and with injured roster, but I still am very intrigued to see how we handle an actually good defense with our defense being close to full strength. This will be a true test. 

I also want to see how the hell are the Chiefs going to stop our run game. They average 5 yards per carry allowed and our O-Line at full strength should at the very least beat that and quite honestly they should absolutely beast on them. I think it's going to be a shoot out, but lets see who can manage more stops.