Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

K.C. -5

coltsorioles

Lots of years we have been in shoot outs, come from behinds with KC..... most recently down like 38-10 at home......  I don't think this year is that kinda team, but I expect a good, high scoring type of game.... IF we manage to knock off KC, and are healthy......  All bets are off for the AFC  CG.....

32 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

I feel like this is going to be a repeat of... was it the year we won the SB?... where it was a giant shootout between us and KC?

No, the year we won the SB we beat KC with great run D.  You’re thinking of the year of the great comeback win. 45-44.  Lost to NE bad the next week.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

No, the year we won the SB we beat KC with great run D.  You’re thinking of the year of the great comeback win. 45-44.  Lost to NE bad the next week.  

Or 2003 when the Colts got to the AFCCG after winning a high scoring game with KC.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

I feel like this is going to be a repeat of... was it the year we won the SB?... where it was a giant shootout between us and KC?

Only this time we don't have Trent Richardson to fumble the ball for us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fatboy said:

We were underdogs to Texans today.  KC has a frightening O, but their D is weak.  They were 3-3 over last six games.  We got this.  

Like the confidence, but I don't think we have played an offense like this all season. Will be interesting to see the results, to say the least. Lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Like the confidence, but I don't think we have played an offense like this all season. Will be interesting to see the results, to say the least. Lol

I can see KC blowing us out. I really don’t know how we will play on defense especially.

16 minutes ago, IinD said:

Can't lie, I feel this would be our super bowl. If we beat them, I don't think anyone else will beat us.

You could be right. 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It really would be fitting if we were able to beat KC and play the patriots in the AFC championship game. The story would just be unbelievable. I don’t want the ravens or chargers. I think we can beat the patriots.

If we beat KC, I'm hoping we get to play the AFCCG in the tiny soccer stadium. Luck is a soccer fan.

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It really would be fitting if we were able to beat KC and play the patriots in the AFC championship game. The story would just be unbelievable. I don’t want the ravens or chargers. I think we can beat the patriots.

Considering the coaching fiasco last off season..we may be destined to play new England

• Thanks 1

Wow...that's a pretty low spread. Then again, it's the Divisional round of the playoffs.

I love the Colts chances...but my confidence level will definitely be different that today. KC is just a whole different offense. 

But it's a win/win. Either the Colts win or KC wins and helps show the Colts what they need to win the same game next season.

57 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

As Colts fans who have witnessed the Manning era, we have seen first hand what smash mouth football can do to high powered offenses come playoff time.  I like the Colts chances if they continue to dominate teams physically.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

As Colts fans who have witnessed the Manning era, we have seen first hand what smash mouth football can do to high powered offenses come playoff time.  I like the Colts chances if they continue to dominate teams physically.

That's a really good point. We've been KC before and been stunned by what were perceived as inferior opponents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

True

• Like 1

If we can run the ball as well as we did against HOU, we totally got this. Keep Mahomes off the field, grind out long drives, tire out that defense. Build a lead and force Mahomes into a mistake. He's amazing but still liable to a pick or two. Gotta make em pay every time we get a stop.

Offense can't get shut out like they did in the second half today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We're playing like the early 2000s Pats. It's crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

"The rivalry is back on."

5 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Man, I didn't want to play KC in the playoffs. I think we match up horribly against them. But, looks like we'll get a real taste of how legit our Colts are.

We match up well... we have a fast fluid defense that relies on zone so the deep balls to tyrekekek shouldn’t be an issue. 

KC defense is terrible and they don’t have Kareem hunt anymore. 

Dont forget Mahomes is in his second year. Everyone said Watson loves the big stage but he choked up in the playoffs. 

Regular season doesn’t matter in the playoffs