Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eberflus' knowledge of Dallas' scheme and personnel . . .

zibby43

. . . could be a pretty decent advantage for the Colts this week in setting up the game plan against the Cowboys.  It's not so much the knowledge of the scheme or calls (which can be changed), it's knowing where to attack the personnel.

Kind of reminds me of when Patricia's Lions went up against his former team earlier this year.

Don't mind the fact that the Cowboys had to leave their guts on the field to get a win in OT against the Eagles.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not sure he will add a lot to the game plan.  Dallas is not a sophisticated scheme.  They r pretty basic on offense.  I think they will play a or if zone as Dak likes to cough  up the ball.  I think they will play our offense the way they played Philly.  Alot of man

But he knows their personnel (e.g., which offensive formations put the weakest defensive personnel groupings on the field for Dallas, who to run out on the d-line, who to target in the LB and secondary corps, etc.). 

The NFL is all about creating favorable match-ups.  I think based on personnel knowledge alone he could add a lot to the game plan.

• Like 1