Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defjamz 2019 Mock Draft 2.0

I believe this will be my final mock of the regular season. Next one will come around the combine. We are currently slated to pick 18

Round 1: Jerry Tillery, DT Notre Dame- A pass rushing 3T who is quick for a 6’5” 305 lb man. Destroyed Stanford this season to the tune of 4 sacks and 4 TFL. He does things a man his size shouldn’t be able too. See for yourself

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/20/jerry-tillery-how-the-pieces-come-together/

Round 2 (Jets pick): JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR Stanford- The prototypical above the rim receiver who shreds man coverage. Red zone menace as he boxes DBs out like a basketball player. Strong hands and underrated route running. I don’t care what he runs. He can play.

Round 3: Brandon Jones, SS - Draft crush. His ceiling is unreal and his floor is great. Possibly the best tackler in the entire draft. Also has that hit stick ability though. Will test well too. Knock on him is ball skills but he won’t be playing back deep much so he has time to develop that.

Round 4: Iman Marshall, CB USC- The premier zone CB in this class. But that’s the knock on him. Pretty much should not be put in man coverage. But he loves to come up and hit so he’s a scheme and Ballard fit

Round 4 (Comp pick): Max Scharping, OT NIU- A devolopment tackle/ guard for depth. Excellent length. Played Brian Burns (who is getting 1st round hype) early this season and handled him all day long.

Round 5: Montre Hartage, CB Northwestern- Another ideal zone CB with Ballard length. Good to add to the rotation.

Round 6: Alex Barnes, RB Kansas State: Yes we drafted 2 RBs last year but Mack has durability issues, Hines is a pure scat/receiving back, and Wilkins is good for 1-2 good runs a game. Barnes is a big back at 6’1” that you insert into the rotation. We can have 4 RBs on the roster

Round 7: Dante Booker, LB OSU- A flier on a LB who had really bad luck playing for the Buckeyes but was once highly touted. STs ability if nothing else.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I believe this will be my final mock of the regular season. Next one will come around the combine. We are currently slated to pick 18

Round 1: Jerry Tillery, DT Notre Dame- A pass rushing 3T who is quick for a 6’5” 305 lb man. Destroyed Stanford this season to the tune of 4 sacks and 4 TFL. He does things a man his size shouldn’t be able too. See for yourself

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/20/jerry-tillery-how-the-pieces-come-together/

Round 2 (Jets pick): JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR Stanford- The prototypical above the rim receiver who shreds man coverage. Red zone menace as he boxes DBs out like a basketball player. Strong hands and underrated route running. I don’t care what he runs. He can play.

Round 3: Brandon Jones, SS - Draft crush. His ceiling is unreal and his floor is great. Possibly the best tackler in the entire draft. Also has that hit stick ability though. Will test well too. Knock on him is ball skills but he won’t be playing back deep much so he has time to develop that.

Round 4: Iman Marshall, CB USC- The premier zone CB in this class. But that’s the knock on him. Pretty much should not be put in man coverage. But he loves to come up and hit so he’s a scheme and Ballard fit

Round 4 (Comp pick): Max Scharping, OT NIU- A devolopment tackle/ guard for depth. Excellent length. Played Brian Burns (who is getting 1st round hype) early this season and handled him all day long.

Round 5: Montre Hartage, CB Northwestern- Another ideal zone CB with Ballard length. Good to add to the rotation.

Round 6: Alex Barnes, RB Kansas State: Yes we drafted 2 RBs last year but Mack has durability issues, Hines is a pure scat/receiving back, and Wilkins is good for 1-2 good runs a game. Barnes is a big back at 6’1” that you insert into the rotation. We can have 4 RBs on the roster

Round 7: Dante Booker, LB OSU- A flier on a LB who had really bad luck playing for the Buckeyes but was once highly touted. STs ability if nothing else.

Don't the Colts have two second round picks?

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I like it......

It would fill some holes

I wonder if JJ would be there are the 2nd pick though

Not much tape on the SS, could he be a bit early?

Jones plays for Texas so it’s easy to see why he gets overlooked. He’s good though. Draft breakdown might have more tape.

• Like 1