Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who in the hell wants to go 8-8?

Matthew Gilbert

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

What....we're arguing this in two threads now.....with one person arguing against nearly everyone else?

We get it, you like the idea of not trying as hard as you can to win to gain a different advantage. I think it is freaking disgusting on every level of why I follow sports. 

Yeah even when we were 1-5 I still felt like we had a chance to get to 9-7 anyway and sometimes 9-7 gets you in. Heck we went 10-6 lmao. "You play to win the game" - Herm. Like I said I can see someone's pov if we were 0-8 and Andrew Luck was coming out of the draft and we needed a QB but deliberately tanking is sad IMO. I do not think we deliberately tanked in 2011 anyway, Painter just sucked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

When we were 1-5 I forsure wanted to just lose out.  I admit it! Didn't think we were good enough to do anything this season.  Glad I was wrong and so happy we are playing in the playoffs!  I'm so excited.  Win or lose! 

At 1-5 it was too early because we were really not a 1-5 team and our schedule was favorable after that. 0-8 is the number. This season in the 35 seasons I have followed Colts Football is now my 3rd favorite only behind 2006 and 1995. If we win the SB, I may rank it #1.

14 hours ago, Four2itus said:

What....we're arguing this in two threads now.....with one person arguing against nearly everyone else?

We get it, you like the idea of not trying as hard as you can to win to gain a different advantage. I think it is freaking disgusting on every level of why I follow sports. 

I think that person created that thread to try and get away from their previous posts in this thread.

So they started the same argument from scratch, and now they're getting the same pushback.

Go figure...  :loco:

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At 1-5 it was too early because we were really not a 1-5 team and our schedule was favorable after that. 0-8 is the number. This season in the 35 seasons I have followed Colts Football is now my 3rd favorite only behind 2006 and 1995. If we win the SB, I may rank it #1.

Considering that prior to this season, only one team in NFL history has started 1-5 and made the playoffs, I was more than ready to pack it in and get into the Nick Bosa sweepstakes. I do agree with you that this has been one of the more memorable regular seasons as a Colts fan. 

• Like 1

Womp Womp. Was it worth it? Most Colts fans will probably say yes. Myself on the other hand says it's a resounding HELL NO! Seems like everyone forgot about the Manning years. Did we win a ton of games? Yes. Did we fall flat in the playoffs more times than not? Yes, because we were constantly picking in the late 20s of every draft where it's a lot tougher to find real difference makers..After the Grigson debacle, this roster needed another year's worth of higher draft selections and I'm not budging from that notion. We are now about to enter the same phase we were in during the Manning years.  Sure we could hit on some guys but the odds are not in our favor. As entertaining as this seaons was, I would still trade it for Nick Bosa and whomever would have been there at the top of the second round.

2 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Womp Womp. Was it worth it? Most Colts fans will probably say yes. Myself on the other hand says it's a resounding HELL NO! Seems like everyone forgot about the Manning years. Did we win a ton of games? Yes. Did we fall flat in the playoffs more times than not? Yes, because we were constantly picking in the late 20s of every draft where it's a lot tougher to find real difference makers..After the Grigson debacle, this roster needed another year's worth of higher draft selections and I'm not budging from that notion. We are now about to enter the same phase we were in during the Manning years.  Sure we could hit on some guys but the odds are not in our favor. As entertaining as this seaons was, I would still trade it for Nick Bosa and whomever would have been there at the top of the second round.

Lol, you're crazy.

Come on, this was a good season.

It's either Super Bowl or #1 pick in the draft?  :loco: