Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How did you like the play calling?

Trace Pyott

18 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Because it's fun to bash both Pagano and Grigson. After all the suffering those two inflicted upon us, we deserve to rip them for however long as we want to. 

I find it ironic that Reich is applauded for passing to Turbin on 4th down but Pagano called the same type of play, (Turbin dropped it) and Pagano’s and *.

I’m as glad as anybody we made this change but why don’t you leave the man alone. Like you said, you have a “right” to keep whining about the past, but why be like that? Is that the way you were raised ?

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I find it ironic that Reich is applauded for passing to Turbin on 4th down but Pagano called the same type of play, (Turbin dropped it) and Pagano’s and *.

I’m as glad as anybody we made this change but why don’t you leave the man alone. Like you said, you have a “right” to keep whining about the past, but why be like that? Is that the way you were raised ?

I have 5 words: Fake Punt New England game. In my mind, Chuck can never live this play down. He opened himself up for a lifetime of ridicule. Not my fault Chuck let this absurd call get made under his watch.

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I have 5 words: Fake Punt New England game. In my mind, Chuck can never live this play down. He opened himself up for a lifetime of ridicule. Not my fault Chuck let this absurd call get made under his watch.

I’ll give you three words that are much worse: RUN MARSHAN LYNCH!

One thing I liked about the play calling jumped out at me right away.

Something I have been preaching since Luck’s rookie year. 

Three words:  Roll Luck Out!

We rolled Luck to the right on the second play of the game.    I’d like to see that at least once a quarter — four times a game.  At least.

Plus, enough with mostly 7-step drops.  Mix in 3-step and 5-step drops as well.

Do ALL these things and you make it harder to sack or pressure Andrew.  If all you do is 7-step drops then the defense knows where the QB will be.  We made it easier to hurt Luck.

Mixing it up is a good thing.    We need more of that.   And getting the ball out of Luck's hand much quicker is the ultimate goal. 

Looks like we’re finally doing what we should have been doing since Day One.

Finally.

• Like 2

Well it was nice to see on 3rd and short the colts went for the first down instead of a 20 yard pass down field. 

So so far it seems like we know generally what kind of play to call in certain situations. After Pagano I’m watching every play intently looking for bonehead play calls... so far so good. But we will have to see by the end of the year how things look.

im just happy it’s football season again.