Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew got his wallet returned

CR91

If a Football is signed to a name like Charles for example, you can still sell it an Ebay for 1000's of dollars because there are 1000 other Charles names in the world LOL. Plus you have Andrew's autograph. That is like with any name.

That would be like, well you signed it to Mike so you messed up. Nope because there are 100000's Mike's in the world like Charles's. Another rich Charles would probably buy that for 10,000 right now :funny:

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If a Football is signed to a name like Charles for example, you can still sell it an Ebay for 1000's of dollars because there are 1000 other Charles names in the world LOL. Plus you have Andrew's autograph. That is like with any name.

That would be like, well you signed it to Mike so you messed up. Nope because there are 100000's Mike's in the world like Charles's. Another rich Charles would probably buy that for 10,000 right now :funny:

It was to Charles Pagano 

On 7/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, DougDew said:

Yeah, that cashlessness is such a scam.  Some bank somewhere collects a nickle every time there is a transaction, whereas in the good ol days merchants and customers could pass bills back and forth 100s of times without some banker/tech processor getting a nickle for every touch.  What a scam.

Luck acknowledged that the person going out of their way it made his life easier, hopefully he conformed to whatever the lost wallet etiquette is these days.  Maybe its just a card.

Yeah that person who collects on those transactions is getting rich, I'll grant you that.

But on the other hand cards make it easier.  Andrew loses his wallet without the cards he possibly loses whatever money he has in it.  

If you lose your wallet and you just have a card in it.  You call and put a freeze on the card and you've lost nothing in terms of cash.  The worst part is going and replacing those things which is mostly hassle.  

Plus it makes the transactions faster.  

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But if you have a name like mine.  "Kirk" you are kinda screwed.

Honestly I'd have a hard time parting with something like that.  It was a gift directly from Andrew to him and selling a gift like that just feels wrong.

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's great. I have a football signed by Manning and 7 other players from the super bowl year. Vinatieri, Rhodes, Hayden, Sanders, Clark, Diem and June and the others who signed my football.

Nice!  I also have a hat signed by Luck from his first training camp. 

• Like 2

I heard some dirpity derps on ESPN radio playing sports Tinder swipe left or swipe right and they were both complaining about how Luck didn't give him a better gift.  I would be ecstatic he acknowledged and thanked me for it with a signed ball and letter.  How many athletes wouldn't do a ####2)@#( thing if you gave them their Wallet back?  Plenty of them wouldn't.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I heard some dirpity derps on ESPN radio playing sports Tinder swipe left or swipe right and they were both complaining about how Luck didn't give him a better gift.  I would be ecstatic he acknowledged and thanked me for it with a signed ball and letter.  How many athletes wouldn't do a ####2)@#( thing if you gave them their Wallet back?  Plenty of them wouldn't.  

There are some athlete's that would've just said thank you in a letter and given nothing. I would be happy as heck if Luck gave me an autographed Football. What are those fools smoking lmao 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are some athlete's that would've just said thank you in a letter and given nothing. I would be happy as heck if Luck gave me an autographed Football. What are those fools smoking lmao 

Yeah I had to google it but it apparently was Spain and Fitz ESPN radio.  Who are these people you may ask?  I have no idea because I had to google them, haha  but it appears that many people in particular think Spain is garbage.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

But if you have a name like mine.  "Kirk" you are kinda screwed.

Honestly I'd have a hard time parting with something like that.  It was a gift directly from Andrew to him and selling a gift like that just feels wrong.

How about Kirk Cousins? Or William Shatner = Captain Kirk?

15 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

How many athletes wouldn't do a ####2)@#( thing if you gave them their Wallet back?  Plenty of them wouldn't.  

I bet a big majority of them would.   I would bet the typical gift is game tickets or something like that.  

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about Kirk Cousins? Or William Shatner = Captain Kirk?

Captain Kirk

k8d3f6K.png

Actually his LAST name was Kirk.  I believe it's actually more common as a last name then a first name.

There are a few Kirk's out there but it's not a terribly common name.  

My own grandmother called me Kurt from the day I was born til the day she died when I was 34 years old.  She had 16 grandchildren and I wasn't a favorite.  So I suppose my name wasn't all that important, I suppose I'm lucky that I wasn't called "Grandchild #10". 

My favorite aunt even yelled at her once for calling me Kurt but it didn't change anything.  (One of the reasons she's my favorite aunt is because she'd do things like yell at her own mom for not getting my name right.)

But anyways I'm totes over that! 

On 7/6/2018 at 7:28 PM, indyagent17 said:

no one under 30 has any money in their pocket. $1.17 for a polar pop and the use their debit card. Hey kid you don't have A dollar and a quarter in your pocket???

I'm 41 and about 99% of the time have zero cash on me.  So yeah I'd pay for a polar pop with my debit card if I was buying one.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:19 AM, needanoline63 said:

Who cares. I would’ve return the wallet but not the cash

image.png.bae65a08378b3c52a566f771539ed7fd.png

On 7/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Yeah that person who collects on those transactions is getting rich, I'll grant you that.

But on the other hand cards make it easier.  Andrew loses his wallet without the cards he possibly loses whatever money he has in it.  

If you lose your wallet and you just have a card in it.  You call and put a freeze on the card and you've lost nothing in terms of cash.  The worst part is going and replacing those things which is mostly hassle.  

I highly doubt that.  It's more likely going towards paying employee salaries.

On 7/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Its a matter of subjectivity.  I put things on credit cards with a chip.  Just as fast as anything.  But I get 25 days to pay.  That concept has been around for decades.  The transaction fees the merchant pays to the card company is for the infrastructure and the time needed to float the credit for 25 days "free" to the customer.  I may pay higher prices because the merchant passes on the fee to everybody, but I'm also getting a 25 day loan.  A loan isn't ever free you know, even the 0% loans. 

With the debit or the phone, I'm paying a fee for the ability to stand there for whatever less time it takes for the system to process the transaction compared to the cashier making change.  There is now a fee for each immediate payment where with cash exchange there was none, for a savings of about 3 seconds.

Either way I pay a fee for the electronic payment.  Personally, I'd just as soon get 25 days to pay for it, plus bonus points, than whatever my benefit is by using a debit card or a device over a credit card.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Its a matter of subjectivity.  I put things on credit cards with a chip.  Just as fast as anything.  But I get 25 days to pay.  That concept has been around for decades.  The transaction fees the merchant pays to the card company is for the infrastructure and the time needed to float the credit for 25 days "free" to the customer.  I may pay higher prices because the merchant passes on the fee to everybody, but I'm also getting a 25 day loan.  A loan isn't ever free you know, even the 0% loans. 

With the debit or the phone, I'm paying a fee for the ability to stand there for whatever less time it takes for the system to process the transaction compared to the cashier making change.  There is now a fee for each immediate payment where with cash exchange there was none, for a savings of about 3 seconds.

Either way I pay a fee for the electronic payment.  Personally, I'd just as soon get 25 days to pay for it, plus bonus points, than whatever my benefit is by using a debit card or a device over a credit card.

If stores had different prices for cash/check purchases then they did card purchases then a lot more people would probably do cash/check.  

But as you say they pass the price onto everyone.  So from my prospective, no reason not to use the card.  It's not like my rebellion is going to change other people.  

I'm guessing the reason they don't put different prices on it is because for one reason or another they have determined that the cards are also better for them.  

I do have a small grocery store near my house though that requires that you buy $5 or more to purchase on a card.  I don't go to that store very often.  Not because of that policy but because it's the only grocery store in a tiny town and everything costs twice as much there.