Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton talks Colts on NFL Network

coltsfeva

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Did you see/hear about TPC Sawgrass? Tiger just barely made the cut there. Then went on an incredible run that brought him from 14 shots back beginning the weekend to just 4 shots off the lead and tied for 2nd on the 14th tee on Sunday.  That is warranted attention.

He was on TV... then.. yes, he sputtered with a bogey there and then dropped his tee shot into the drink at the famous 17th island green going for it (even though not in the running for 1st anymore).  But he showed that ability to streak a field once more.  But he played too poorly in other spots where even average to good would suffice.  So he is learning his new game, what he can still do, and when he has to play it more safe.  If/when he figures this out, he can compete once more I believe.  Another player that I felt could streak fields similar to Tiger in his heyday was Rory McIlroy.  I haven't been following golf much in the last few years, but I rarely hear his name anymore.  I hear the names Day, Fowler, Spieth, even Dustin Johnson...  but not Rory so much.  I'll have try to watch some Sunday golf more often and see what's up these days.

To get thread on track, yes Peyton knows the challenges to come back.  And Andrew needs reps, as early and as often as possible., as long as there is minimal potential for setbacks.  Ther eis a chance the weighted ball program will shave some time off the 3 months throwing (2 in static drills, 1 in dynamic practice at fast walkthrough or full speed) it will take for Andrew to be football ready. How much?  Who knows.  But this statement perked my ears up-

"Reich anticipates Luck will start throwing during the time between the end of minicamp on June 14 and the start of training camp in late July."   I'm not comfortable with this timeline at the moment.  Maybe it will all work out.

Rory is still around, he's had some injuries also. Justin Thomas another early twenty something, just took over the World #1 ranking from Dustin Johnson. These young guys all grew up watching Tiger, and they attack courses the way he did and they aren't intimidated. It's been fun watching this next generation, they have just been rolling in the Ryder Cup and President's Cup, and they all hang out together having competed in junior golf, and college. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 6:36 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Golf ratings are up 200-300% because of the level of competition these days. Speith, Day, Fowler, Matsuyama, Rose, Rahm, and plenty more more top players where anyone can win in any given week. The majority of people don't think Tiger can win at all anymore, and as much coverage as the media gives on Tiger, they give little reason to convince people that he can win on a given week. Golf is also a sport where there are more hardcores than casuals since it has a small, target audience, so the audience is wise that that the field is much better than Tiger these days and they watch for the level of competition. Tiger had his day as the top guy, now he's just a guy.

As far as Peyton and Tiger playing, I have no problem with the reporting on that, never even mentioned it, that one is on you.

Edit: Peyton came back and played at a high level and made two SB's while winning one. Tiger hasn't even won a regular tourney since being back, let alone a major. He is getting more attention than defending champions and winners of the tourneys he entered and that's not right.

Golf is a lot harder to win at than football. It’s you vs 155 not just one opponent

Getting here late, but wow I'm interested in what Peyton has to say about the Colts not whether Tiger Woods is relevant anymore.

Reps is, and always has been, the key to mastery. Peyton probably answered the question after getting off the practice tee. The range is where every pro talks about how much they have to squeeze range ball reps into their busy schedules in order to stay sharp and get to Sunday still in contention for the win.

Another other part of the 10,000 reps philosophy is that Andrew Luck does not have to start at rep #1. He mastered the skills along time ago and it will take far fewer reps to get back to optimal performance for him.

I'm sure I'll catch flack from the keyboard coaches on the forum who will want to split hairs over the "mastery" aspect of my comment about Luck. That's okay, this is simply my opinion on the topic of skill acquisition when my beliefs are based on the tenet that perfection is not possible, nor necessary to have success in life. 

Leaving now to watch the hockey game. I'll check back later for the banter this creates, if any.

Peace. And go Caps!

On 5/31/2018 at 8:32 PM, southwest1 said:

So, a guy or rookie poster with 13 posts feels qualified to call another person foolish, naive, & dumb? That's the inference right. 

Thank you for your profound observation sir. Why don't you enlighten me with your vast golfing knowledge since I'm such a bolder novice according to you. 

One heck of a way to make a first impression. Welcome to the forum. 

I’m new to this forum as well and love my colts as much as anyone. I’m far from bragging here, but I play professionally on the PGA LatinoAmerica Tour and completely agree with his comment. So I guess having minimal posts on here has nothing to do with golf knowledge. Not trying to start a fight with my fellow Colt lovers, but just settle a debate. Love or hate Tiger, he’s still a world class golfer learning to win again. Trust me, everyone on tour is starting to fear what is imminent 

• Thanks 2

On 5/31/2018 at 8:21 PM, oldunclemark said:

Danica...who was one of the Top-10 most popular drivers even though she never won a race.. 

Technically, this is not true.  in 2008 she won in the Verizon IndyCar Series at Motegi. (Indy Japan 300)

http://racing-reference.info/tracks/Twin_Ring_Motegi_Superspeedway

But you were probably referring just to her NASCAR career.  But she was popular in Indy cars as well, and ended her racing career running the Indy 500 this year (with an unfortunate crash).

I agree with Peyton that Andrew will need reps to get timing/accuracy and build trust in his shoulder.  I am debating how much static work with weighted ball will reduce his need for or increase his progress through a throwing program before 7 on 7 and eventually 11 on 11 drills.  I'm watching the timeline closely.

22 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Mr. Woods went along willingly with the charade & the last time I checked he's a middle aged man not a 16 yr old. He doesn't get a pass from me. No one forced him to bang multiple women that were not his wife while he was a married man. Advertising gimmick my caboose. LOL! 

It may have started that way, but he progressed with the flawed illusion into full blown adulthood. Tiger is far from innocent here SMTA. JMO. 

Oh he's definitely not innocent. I just think he had tremendous (and very professional) help in creating the Tiger brand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AZColtsAmbassador said:

I’m new to this forum as well and love my colts as much as anyone. I’m far from bragging here, but I play professionally on the PGA LatinoAmerica Tour and completely agree with his comment. So I guess having minimal posts on here has nothing to do with golf knowledge. Not trying to start a fight with my fellow Colt lovers, but just settle a debate. Love or hate Tiger, he’s still a world class golfer learning to win again. Trust me, everyone on tour is starting to fear what is imminent 

Until Woods wins a green jacket again no one will fear Tiger anytime soon. Trust me on this one. He's a ratings darling sure, but feared? Nope. Not until he breaks through again. If ever again that is...His back is the bane of his existence & will render him irrelevant moving forward in my view. 

As far as the scope of posts a person has is concerned, I believe I have fully explained my POV in this thread. No need to elaborate any further on the matter. Life goes on...

Welcome aboard sir. :hat:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AZColtsAmbassador said:

Golf is a lot harder to win at than football. It’s you vs 155 not just one opponent

Sand traps, water obstacles, & wind vs LBs, defensive ends, & safeties. I beg to differ with your overall conclusion there AZCA. Yes I know, opinions vary. 

• Like 1

The only Golf I was ever good at was Putt Putt Golf. Now that was fun stuff back in the day! The different tricky holes and funny setups, etc.. Having said that SW1 is right IMO. All people care about is, if you win or lose at the end of the year in your sport. When it came to Peyton, if he didn't win the SB, the season was a fail. Same for LeBron not winning the Championship, and when Jordan and Magic played in the NBA as well. In Baseball nobody even cares that the Indians lost in 7 games to the Cubs in 2016 or Dodgers lost to the Astros in 7 last season. They only care who won the World Series. When it comes to Golf, it's about winning Majors, especially the Masters = Green Jackets and US Open. If you finish 2nd nobody remembers. Who finished 2nd in the Masters 3 years ago? I bet nobody can answer that without looking it up. Everyone knows who won though.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The only Golf I was ever good at was Putt Putt Golf. Now that was fun stuff back in the day! The different tricky holes and funny setups, etc.. Having said that SW1 is right IMO. All people care about is, if you win or lose at the end of the year in your sport. When it came to Peyton, if he didn't win the SB, the season was a fail. Same for LeBron not winning the Championship, and when Jordan and Magic played in the NBA as well. In Baseball nobody even cares that the Indians lost in 7 games to the Cubs in 2016 or Dodgers lost to the Astros in 7 last season. They only care who won the World Series. When it comes to Golf, it's about winning Majors, especially the Masters = Green Jackets and US Open. If you finish 2nd nobody remembers. Who finished 2nd in the Masters 3 years ago? I bet nobody can answer that without looking it up. Everyone knows who won though.

Beautifully stated CBE. You are the man! Spot on too. I can't dispute anything you said nor would I want too. I do feel bad for Lebron though. Works like a dawg to get to the NBA Finals only to have a less than desired outcome for the Cavs. 

I hope life is treating you well & you're dominating putt putt golf. A man's gotta have his priorities in order ya know. Seriously, you're a good dude & among the elite posters on the forum. You know your s**t man. :thmup:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Beautifully stated CBE. You are the man! Spot on too. I can't dispute anything you said nor would I want too. I do feel bad for Lebron though. Works like a dawg to get to the NBA Finals only to have a less than desired outcome for the Cavs. 

I hope life is treating you well & you're dominating putt putt golf. A man's gotta have his priorities in order ya know. Seriously, you're a good dude & among the elite posters on the forum. You know your s**t man. :thmup:

Thanks, same to you. You are definitely an Elite Poster and someone I respect. I always love your movie reviews too. Pretty much though I was telling the truth. Do you think Patriots fans were just happy making the SB. I can answer that - a FAT NO.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks, same to you. You are definitely an Elite Poster and someone I respect. I always love your movie reviews too. Pretty much though I was telling the truth. Do you think Patriots fans were just happy making the SB. I can answer that - a FAT NO.

Yeah, I'm with ya on the SB or bust/Green jacket & US Open win or forget about thing buddy. I know of course how hard it is to get to a Championship Game, SB, or Finals series & how devastating it is to lose there. It bleeping sucks man. Screw good sportsmanship & congratulating the victor man. I'm sort of kidding, but not really. LOL! I'm still not over the Colts 2009 season & losing to the Saints. I realize that neither you or I played in that game of course, but as loyal fans it feels like yrs were taken our lives. I'm still bummed that Duke took down my Badgers in NCAA Mens Basketball Championship Game not that long ago. Oh well, can't win em all unfortunately I guess. 

Thank you for being honest CBE. It's why I respect you so much. You speak the truth. Yep, NE would rather get knocked out in the playoffs instead of getting to the SB & coming up short. It's why I feel bad for the losing HC who is mandated to speak to a reporter after losing the most watched game in the world. It's like pouring salt in an open wound & asking does it hurt? Give a pain scale of 1-10 would ya. Thanks. 

Appreciate the shout out regarding my cinema reviews bordering on an obsession. I just like movies because they speak to the human condition: Love, betrayal, rage, humor, companionship, apprehension; loneliness; bitterness, enlightenment; & contentment. We either endured these mental states ourselves in our lives or we want to forget them or reminisce about them as we grow older. The reason why I always accompany my reviews with music is because it acts as my score to leave my audience with an impression that lingers after they see the film or rent it down the line. Music resonates with people. It gives us our depth, range, & overall impact thru the good times & not so good times. 

I will PM you one of these days. I still need to get back to RR7, NFLfan, & a few others first. Rest assured, it's a mutual admiration society CBE from my POV as well. You have a tremendous sense of humor & you have a knack for cutting thru all the sports jargon & getting to what matters or the only thing that truly matters--How events really get judged or evaluated yrs later.

Take Care. The checks in the mail CBE. How many zeros would you like on the check? 6 or 7? I wish. haha

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I'm with ya on the SB or bust/Green jacket & US Open win or forget about thing buddy. I know of course how hard it is to get to a Championship Game, SB, or Finals series & how devastating it is to lose there. It bleeping sucks man. Screw good sportsmanship & congratulating the victor man. I'm sort of kidding, but not really. LOL! I'm still not over the Colts 2009 season & losing to the Saints. I realize that neither you or I played in that game of course, but as loyal fans it feels like yrs were taken our lives. I'm still bummed that Duke took down my Badgers in NCAA Mens Basketball Championship Game not that long ago. Oh well, can't win em all unfortunately I guess. 

Thank you for being honest CBE. It's why I respect you so much. You speak the truth. Yep, NE would rather get knocked out in the playoffs instead of getting to the SB & coming up short. It's why I feel bad for the losing HC who is mandated to speak to a reporter after losing the most watched game in the world. It's like pouring salt in an open wound & asking does it hurt? Give a pain scale of 1-10 would ya. Thanks. 

Appreciate the shout out regarding my cinema reviews bordering on an obsession. I just like movies because they speak to the human condition: Love, betrayal, rage, humor, companionship, apprehension; loneliness; bitterness, enlightenment; & contentment. We either endured these mental states ourselves in our lives or we want to forget them or reminisce about them as we grow older. The reason why I always accompany my reviews with music is because it acts as my score to leave my audience with an impression that lingers after they see the film or rent it down the line. Music resonates with people. It gives us our depth, range, & overall impact thru the good times & not so good times. 

I will PM you one of these days. I still need to get back to RR7, NFLfan, & a few others first. Rest assured, it's a mutual admiration society CBE from my POV as well. You have a tremendous sense of humor & you have a knack for cutting thru all the sports jargon & getting to what matters or the only thing that truly matters--How events really get judged or evaluated yrs later.

Take Care. The checks in the mail CBE. How many zeros would you like on the check? 6 or 7? I wish. haha

I think when your expectations are as high as Peyton's, Jordan's, and Magic's were anything less than a Championship every year was a fail. In todays game it is for Brady, LeBron, and Tiger as well. For me it is now for the Cubs too since they won the WS. Making the SB, WS, or NBA Finals is a Great accomplishment for most so I shouldn't totally short change it. I am just talking about the very best of the best. I thought the Colts making the AFC Title Game was a Very Good year in 2014 but it was mainly because we weren't expected to be there. Nobody had us beating the Broncos.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think when your expectations are as high as Peyton's, Jordan's, and Magic's were anything less than a Championship every year was a fail. In todays game it is for Brady, LeBron, and Tiger as well. For me it is now for the Cubs too since they won the WS. Making the SB, WS, or NBA Finals is a Great accomplishment for most so I shouldn't totally short change it. I am just talking about the very best of the best. I thought the Colts making the AFC Title Game was a Very Good year in 2014 but it was mainly because we weren't expected to be there. Nobody had us beating the Broncos.

I guess there is a danger in minimizing how hard it is to get to the final series, round, or individual game especially for athletes like Peyton, LeBron, Serena, Woods, & Federer who have played at the pinnacle of their profession so long that when they don't with the SB, NBA trophy, the Masters, or Wimbledon; we start to wonder if they lost a step since their level of excellence has become so commonplace like clockwork. 

Exactly, nobody dreamed INDY had us in the Deflate Game period. I liked the fact that for awhile there we had Denver's number. INDY didn't need to embarrass them. We just did what was necessary to win & close the door on Orange Crush--A club with a top secondary at the time. 

I'm no expert on baseball. However, I can see how elevated expectations among diehard fans change the dynamic in Chicago. They are no longer lovable losers anymore as a franchise, but a dugout with more demands & heat on it now. Hardware tends to do that. Amp up the pressure to repeat or return to glory vs become complacent. Well said.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, CF4L said:

Before SB 50 Manning mentioned that his doctor told him a couple years earlier he would need a hip replacement later on in life so that's why he's walking funny.

That's what I was referring to........Im wondering if that time is near ..

...that's a very difficult and limiting thing to go through.

You cant do anything for a while …..

I wonder if that's on the horizon

27 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I guess there is a danger in minimizing how hard it is to get to the final series, round, or individual game especially for athletes like Peyton, LeBron, Serena, Woods, & Federer who have played at the pinnacle of their profession so long that when they don't with the SB, NBA trophy, the Masters, or Wimbledon; we start to wonder if they lost a step since their level of excellence has become so commonplace like clockwork. 

The thing that's so similar about Peyton and Tiger is their comeback from career-ending injuries.

That's what us so commendable...….the not giving up at a certain age...the will to find a new way to play with a new body

Really hard to compare the results of players in individual sports with the results of players in team sport...

I dont have a good barometer of equity there.....In truth, if the Denver safety hadn't frozen in the final seconds against Baltimore in his first Denver year...he'd have played in 3 Super Bowls in 4 years...

…….his result there had nothing to do with him..

Tiger has no teammate to carry him when he's not playing near his peak but he also had no one to let him down.....when he was

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Exactly, nobody dreamed INDY had us in the Deflate Game period. I liked the fact that for awhile there we had Denver's number. INDY didn't need to embarrass them. We just did what was necessary to win & close the door on Orange Crush--A club with a top secondary at the time. 

I'm no expert on baseball. However, I can see how elevated expectations among diehard fans change the dynamic in Chicago. They are no longer lovable losers anymore as a franchise, but a dugout with more demands & heat on it now. Hardware tends to do that. Amp up the pressure to repeat or return to glory vs become complacent. Well said.

Yeah I didn't mention Tennis but you right about Federer and Serena as well. I hold the people that I have mentioned to a higher standard than everyone else. That is why I criticize LeBron for losing in the Finals, I get called a hater for doing so but it's LeBron! I just think he is the best player today. I actually don't hate the guy, I just hold him to the highest standard. I did the same thing with Peyton. I was critical of Peyton when he threw that INT in SB44. Nobody in here seen that because I wasn't a member then. I do it with everyone that is a Top 10 player in any sport.

42 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The thing that's so similar about Peyton and Tiger is their comeback from career-ending injuries.

That's what us so commendable...….the not giving up at a certain age...the will to find a new way to play with a new body

Really hard to compare the results of players in individual sports with the results of players in team sport...

I dont have a good barometer of equity there.....In truth, if the Denver safety hadn't frozen in the final seconds against Baltimore in his first Denver year...he'd have played in 3 Super Bowls in 4 years...

…….his result there had nothing to do with him..

Tiger has no teammate to carry him when he's not playing near his peak but he also had no one to let him down.....when he was

Hey there Mark, 

Nice to get a reply from you. True, both Peyton & Tiger learning to adapt their games after major injuries is remarkable indeed. You also make an excellent point about 1 person in tennis or golf vs say so many things that have to go right on a 53 man roster in order to win in February.

Yes, I know I was tough on #18 in previous seasons in INDY & Colorado but even I know how incredibly smart & next level great Peyton was or is. Manning had a mind like a machine with tremendous recall. He would remember what the secondary did in the 1st Qtr & kill you by counteracting it in the 3rd quarter. Just amazing. Manning, Brees, Brady, Rogers all have lightning quick mental recall.  

Uh huh. Woods as a 1 man show does all the heavy lifting no question. No one to carry his water when he's having a bad day at the office. Well put. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I didn't mention Tennis but you right about Federer and Serena as well. I hold the people that I have mentioned to a higher standard than everyone else. That is why I criticize LeBron for losing in the Finals, I get called a hater for doing so but it's LeBron! I just think he is the best player today. I actually don't hate the guy, I just hold him to the highest standard. I did the same thing with Peyton. I was critical of Peyton when he threw that INT in SB44. Nobody in here seen that because I wasn't a member then. I do it with everyone that is a Top 10 player in any sport.

I should mention Agassi too. It always used to tick me off when people thought Andre was overrated. That dude had tremendous vision like an eagle man. His legs & lower body were lean & extremely muscular as well. Boris Becker always dreaded facing Agassi because he knew he would be exhausted & could barely stand up when the match was over. Andre was the king of the ace for awhile too. Andre played so far away from the net & yet he had cheetah like closing speed to volley the ball. Never seen anything else like it in Mens Professional Tennis man.

I like that you were critical of Lebron & Peyton CBE. It doesn't mean your slamming them just requiring higher standards from them because of their sustained greatness. I get it. I know you're not a hater brother. Objectivity often gets confused with blind loyalty. Never be afraid to speak the truth. Eyes don't lie. Keep doing it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I should mention Agassi too. It always used to tick me off when people thought Andre was overrated. That dude had tremendous vision like an eagle man. His legs & lower body were lean & extremely muscular as well. Boris Becker always dreaded facing Agassi because he knew he would be exhausted & could barely stand up when the match was over. Andre was the king of the ace for awhile too. 

I like that you were critical of Lebron & Peyton CBE. It doesn't mean your slamming them just requiring higher standards from them because of their sustained greatness. I get it. I know you're not a hater brother. Objectivity often gets confused with blind loyalty. Never be afraid to speak the truth. Eyes don't lie. Keep doing it. 

Pete Sampras was Great too. He won like 7 Wimbledon's I think? Becker was a monster in the late 80's and yes Agassi was right in there when you mention the greats.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pete Sampras was Great too. He won like 7 Wimbledon's I think? Becker was a monster in the late 80's and yes Agassi was right in there when you mention the greats.

Becker was a good example of greatest vs. best.

For a short period of time..Boris Becker may have been the best player ever,...especially on grass

...but like Bobby Orr in hockey...it was a relatively short peak time..

Best vs. greatest.....greatness requires a test of time, right?

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, Bshultz said:

Rory is still around, he's had some injuries also. Justin Thomas another early twenty something, just took over the World #1 ranking from Dustin Johnson. These young guys all grew up watching Tiger, and they attack courses the way he did and they aren't intimidated. It's been fun watching this next generation, they have just been rolling in the Ryder Cup and President's Cup, and they all hang out together having competed in junior golf, and college. 

Tiger may need as much as a year get his 'touch' back..

He built up his 'feels' over 20 years and now he has to learn them all over again...with a new body

as an aside...I just don't get what's happened to Jordan Speith…..he's lost confidence and hes fighting himself.

Golf is so mental......the 'touch' comes and goes...the mind of a young player has to accept so much 'failure' (you can make a million dollars every year the tour in a year and never win a tournament) without losing confidence.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Tiger may need as much as a year get his 'touch' back..

He built up his 'feels' over 20 years and now he has to learn them all over again...with a new body

as an aside...I just don't get what's happened to Jordan Speith…..he's lost confidence and hes fighting himself.

Golf is so mental......the 'touch' comes and goes...the mind of a young player has to accept so much 'failure' (you can make a million dollars every year the tour in a year and never win a tournament) without losing confidence.

I think Tiger will win another Major, not sure which one but he will IMO. I doubt he catches Jack though who has 18. Tiger has 14 as of now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funny that you mention Pete because he was like Brady vs Manning in football. Had Sampras not been around or become so outstanding so quickly Andre Agassi would have won more Wimbledon trophies. I feel pretty confident saying that. 

Agassi was really good on clay too. I know Pete's winning overshadowed Andre for awhile, but I loved watching Agassi when he shaved his mullet off & went bald. I swear he got faster after that like an AirFoce pilot letting it rip & thereby break the sound barrier. 

Becker was a tough as nails competitor who always left everything he had out on the court. The guy just never gave up. His drive was something to see that's for sure. Not great but your classic over achiever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Funny that you mention Pete because he was like Brady vs Manning in football. Had Sampras not been around or become so outstanding so quickly Andre Agassi would have won more Wimbledon trophies. I feel pretty confident saying that. 

Agassi was really good on clay too. I know Pete's winning overshadowed Andre for awhile, but I loved watching Agassi when he shaved his mullet off & went bald. I swear he got faster after that like an AirFoce pilot letting it rip & thereby break the sound barrier. 

Becker was a tough as nails competitor who always left everything he had out on the court. The guy just never gave up. His drive was something to see that's for sure. Not great but your classic over achiever. 

Yeah Agassi won the French Open once, Sampras never won there. Sampras wasn't as Great on clay. I agree with you though, had it not been for Sampras, Agassi would've probably had 3 or 4 Wimbledon wins. He did win it once at least.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Tiger will win another Major, not sure which one but he will IMO. I doubt he catches Jack though who has 18. Tiger has 14 as of now. 

I think Tiger will break the overall tourney win record...I think he needs 4 more..

….The way he is hitting the ball is amazing for his age. He changed irons and his play there has improved,.  (Tiger has had to upgrade his equipment to the modern day..he's been stubborn about that)

Putting killed him at the Memorial... its all part of the comeback.....just 10 tourneys in..

....but I agree with you....4 more majors is a tough call..There is so much more golf talent than there was 20 years ago.....

I remember watching Arnold Palmer later in his career when 'Arnies Army' would follow him around the course even though he wasnt winning…..they wanted to see him...very much like Tiger now.

What intrigues me for golf's future is: Will Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods play on the 'Seniors Tour' when they pass 50 years old. They would draw monster crowds...and juice it up for TV......But would they be too proud to play with 'the old folks' ?

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Can't leave out John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg, and Novak Djokovic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Tiger will break the overall tourney win record...I think he needs 4 more..

….The way he is hitting the ball is amazing for he changed irons and his play there has improved,.

Putting killed him at the Memorial...but its all part of the comeback.....just 10 tourneys in..

....but I agree with you....4 more majors is a tough call..There is so much more golf talent than there was 20 years ago.....

I remember watching Arnold Palmer later in his career when 'Arnies Army' would follow him around the course even though he wasnt winning…..they wanted to see him...very much like Tiger now.

What intrigues me for golf's future is: Will Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods play on the 'Seniors Tour' when they pass 50 years old. They would draw monster crowds.....Or would they be too proud. ?

How many Majors does Phil have? I guess I could look it up but I am guessing at least 6 or 7. I was glad when he finally broke through and got his Green Jacket. I remember he kept coming close for years but kept blowing it.

• Thanks 1

There is a controversy in Denver as to who should own the Broncos..

The Bowlen family is split...

Mr. Bowlen is incapacitated  with age..and his family seems to be about to fight over control of the team...in his final days

There is absolutely no indication of Peyton being involved in any way on any side..None

..but I guess we should 'stay tuned' in that respect...