Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Lucky were we all..

JimJaime

Another thread made me think of this. But damn we’re we not all lucky to see Manning v Brady for all those years. It was the game of the year every year right up until the day Manning retired.

we were lucky be able to debate (till that dead horse was so dead it was dust in the wind) who was the better QB every year and truth be told.. who cares! We watched two of the best go at it both dissecting each others D and able to determine what was going g on in seconds under center. I will be able tell my kids I was at the game where Ty Law made the great Manning look human and also at the game in Indy when Caldwell got big eyes and the Colts came back and bet the Pats.(that one still hurts that was the true SB.)  

we we were lucky to see probably the last marquee matchup between HOF QB twice a year for a very long time.  Only sad thing is they will not go into the HOF together like I think they should. They made football funTo watch

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We are still currently lucky.

We get to see Brissett vs Bortles. Lol

I've been thinking about it for a few mins, Luck may be the 5th QB from his own draft class to win a SB if he even does. Wilson, Osweiller, Foles, and now Cousins is the QB of the Vikings who are ready to take that next step. This just shows how horrible Grigson and Pagano are and how they set us back 5 years. They even screwed up Luck.

37 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We are still currently lucky.

I see what you did there LJ. I'm pretty sure Luck will play. Andrew is having no setbacks & we still have May, June, & July to hone his release, his strength, & build up his muscle memory. 

I'm not worried personally. Chewy will be ready to go by training camp & be under center in September. 

48 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes, I know you were kidding. I wasn't really raking you over the coals for that line.

I will enjoy watching Luck make that first throw though just to end this conspiracy nonsense that the front office & our owner are hiding something on purpose. Some folks have vivid imaginations I guess. 

I like espionage movies as much as anybody, but even I know Tom Clancy is dead now & owners wanna make money ergo Andrew is progressing & will be there when the games count for real.   

Lol yes the colts have Luck, and while he is very good still no Mannin or Brady.. and with the beating his body has taken I don’t know if he ever will be. (Not a knock on him just a fact how injured he has been because the line is so awful in Indy)

but colts fans fans have had a few great QBs so your very lucky! After Brady the next best is probably Grogan followed by Tony Eason? So ya our QBs have sucked before Brady lol

They way both quarterbacks orchestrate their offenses...motioning, changing calls, and the pin point precision at which they operated was truly incredible. It's funny how in all those games there never really was one that had each of them throwing for like 400yds each or anything. Probably because Bill's defense was so tough and Tony's made you nickel and dime down the field eating clock...but yes...great rivalry and it was a game everyone circled on their calendar even if they weren't fans. Hard to tell which next batch of qbs will take over those spots. Truly special guys.

• Like 1