Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kentavius Street suffered "significant" knee injury

As long as it looks like an injury that he could recover from, I'd take a flyer on him. I really liked the idea of drafting Street late and helping him develop into a monster of a 3-tech. The only thing he lacks is weight, because he's got the strength. Dude squats over 700 lbs and plays like it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

His teammate B.J.Hill is a better 3-technique UT fit for our new D, IMO. He probably can play NT on passing downs too, IMO.

I think he's a better 3-tech right now, but he played that position in college. I see Street as a guy that can play 3-tech and kick outside to come off the edge. I like the fact that Street is a chess piece that you can move up and down the line to get favorable match-ups (preferably against guys that don't have long arms). Considering their relative draft position, I don't think they're mutually exclusive, especially since Street will probably fall with the knee injury. If he went undrafted, we'd have to be insane not to make a play for him, even if we took Hill in the draft.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Shive said:

I think he's a better 3-tech right now, but he played that position in college. I see Street as a guy that can play 3-tech and kick outside to come off the edge. I like the fact that Street is a chess piece that you can move up and down the line to get favorable match-ups (preferably against guys that don't have long arms). Considering their relative draft position, I don't think they're mutually exclusive, especially since Street will probably fall with the knee injury. If he went undrafted, we'd have to be insane not to make a play for him, even if we took Hill in the draft.

It would be crazy if we landed Chubb and B.J.Hill, and went after Kentavius Street as a UDFA, we would have the NC State Wolfpack D-line for our D-line. :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It would be crazy if we landed Chubb and B.J.Hill, and went after Kentavius Street as a UDFA, we would have the NC State Wolfpack D-line for our D-line. :) 

I wouldn't be mad at all. :billiejean:

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, chad72 said:

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Make him a priority free agent, sign him to the 90 man roster and put him on IR the first day they're allowed. Get him healthy for next season and it would be like gaining an extra draft pick in 2019......

According to rotoworld he will not be a URFA.  Someone will take a risk on him in later rounds.

• Like 1