Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nigel Bradham resigning with Eagles

This actually might be really good for us as the Eagles are reportely trying to dhop Michael Kendricks.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973910971050872832

Kendricks is exactly exactly the type of LB Ballard likes, fast and instinctive. He ran a 4.47 forty at the combine, he is an excellent player. He is only 27, PFF graded him 9th best LB in the NFL last year. A $7.6mil per year would be a great bit of buisness if Ballard could pull it off!

7 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

This actually might be really good for us as the Eagles are reportely trying to dhop Michael Kendricks.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973910971050872832?s=19

Kendricks is exactly exactly the type of LB Ballard likes, fast and instinctive. He ran a 4.47 forty at the combine, he is an excellent player. He is only 27, PFF graded him 9th best LB in the NFL last year. A $7.6mil per year would be a great bit of buisness if Ballard could pull it off!

I'd prefer Bradham over Kendricks.

Again I am not fond of that contract. I would not want to make Bradham the 6th (or so) highest paid non-rush OLB.

And with him already 28 years old, I would not want a 5 year deal with him either.

I actually think the Avery Williamson signing hurt more.

That said, this current regime reminds me a lot of the old Polian crew.

That group rarely ever put a premium on LBs when it came to paying them. We always developed solid guys and then let them walk when they wanted a pay day.  Guys like Mike Peterson, Clint Session, Cato June, David Thornton and more recently Jerrell Freeman.

If you aren't applying pressure to the QB or covering WRs, we typically didn't pony up the money. Might be a return to that.