Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft/FA Version 1

A very different roster. We only re-sign a couple guys and let Mewhort and Crief go as well as vets like Butler and Gore. Then bring in an infusion of young talent in the draft and FA, and our roster is looking much better, good actually. We have a lot of money to spend. At east 77, maybe more. High draft picks. The ability to trade back a few spots if we want, still get a stud and add an extra 2 and 3 in the process. I'm just saying things are in our favor. Especially when you add to that a healthy 12 and we're a really good team winning 10-12 games. So here's my Mock for now......

Re-Sign

Rashaan Melvin 3 years, 30 Million

Mike Person 1 year, 1 Million

Pierre Desir 2 years, 5 Million

Free Agent Signings

Andrew Norwell 5 years, 70 Million (We need to make a major run at him and make him a Colt at all cost. He's young, and a top 3 Guard in the NFL)

Josh Sitton 2 years, 20 Million (He's 31, but Sitton is still a top tier Guard and IMO has 2-3 more great years left. He alongside Norwell gives us a monster O-Line)

Allen Robinson 4 years, 52 Million (Signing Robinson isn't really a risk. Players tear their ACL every year and come back the next these days. He's a top tier number 1 WR and only 24 years old. Robinson is a 6'3 height-weight-speed freak WR who can run past everybody and catch it over the top for a big play, go up and get the ball outta the air, he's a menace for defense's in the redzone, an absolute bringer of doom and destruction lol. The kid can do it all. We're talking about a WR1. And I've been wanting, and we've been needing a big 6'3 or 6'4 WR like him for a long time. Changes our Offense greatly.)

EJ Gaines 4 years, 44 Million (Emerged as a top tier CB this season. Young just entering his prime. He alongside Melvin, Wilson, and Hairston gives us a really good group of corners)

Anthony Hitchens 4 years, 24 Million (Really solid signing to start building a good young LB corps, Graded out as PFF's #20 LB in the NFL. Beast against the run)

Marcus Smith 1 year, 5 Million (Showed his potential last year in Seattle. He's still just 25 and could be a breakout player this season. At worst Smith provides depth at DE and a rotational pass rusher that can get to the QB)

Draft

1) Bradley Chubb - EDGE (YES !!!!! We finally get what we've been needing since Mathis got hurt. A freak EDGE rusher who's an all around player. Superstar caliber top 5 at his position type. Chubb IMO will be a double digit sack machine. Week 1 starter, IMO he gets around, or close to 10 sacks in his rookie season. Maybe more. Major impact right away IMO.

2) Leighton Vander Esch - LB (Big, strong, and athletic. He's an all around baller. Sideline to Sideline LB. Great in coverage and vs the run. Solid blitzer too. This kid is going to be a superstar LB in the NFL.

3) Rashaad Penny - RB (Penny finally gives us the feature back we've been needing. He alongside Mack would give us a dynamic rushing attack and they'd have a good OL to block for them. A stout RB like Penny would really take some pressure off Luck and give us a very balanced offensive attack.

4) Tegray Scales - LB (Would be a steal in RD4 IMO and a good chance he's there when we're on the clock. But he's got great instincts, high football IQ, and a non stop motor. He's a tackling machine. and like Vander Esch is also a good blitzer when need be. Not that fast, but he's an all around LB who can match up with TE's. Very solid in coverage. He may not start week 1.But it'll become hard to keep him off the field IMO. I could see him taking over for Simon by the middle-end of the year.

5) Antonio Calloway - WR (Y'all know I'm always big on "Stealing away talent" The players with red flags, off field crap that causes them to fall to the mid-late rounds. Basically zero risk, monster reward in each case. Its like this. I can get a 1st or 2nd RD talent in the 5th-6th ??? YES. sign me up every time. But assuming Calloway comes in and is cool we get a stud WR late in the draft. This kid has tons of talent and can be an animal out there at wide out. Just major potential here.

6) Jaleel Scott - WR (We go back to back at WR. This time getting a big tall and long 6'4  target for 12. This kid has a lot of upside and a lot of potential.

7) Domincik Sanders - S (We grab some quality depth at the Safety position with the Georiga product. He's got limitations, but really good ballskills. Could possibly be a gem in the late rounds. Will provide immediate help on special teams and depth at S.

2018-2019 Roster

QB Andrew Luck / Jacoby Brissett

RB Rashaad Penny / Marlon Mack / Robert Turbin / Matt Jones

LT Anthony Castanzo / Le'Raven Clark

LG Andrew Norwell / 

C Ryan Kelly / Mike Person

RG Josh Sitton / Deyshawn Bond

RT Joe Haeg  / Denzell Good

WR TY Hilton / UDFA

WR Allen Robinson / Jaleel Scott

WR Antonio Calloway / Chester Rogers

TE Jack Doyle / Erik Swoope / Ross Travis

DE Bradley Chubb / John Simon / Tarell Basham

DT Johnathan Hankins / Hassan Ridgeway

DT Al Woods / Henry Anderson / Grover Stewart

DE Jabaal Sheard / Marcus Smith

OLB Anthony Hitchens / Anthony Walker

MLB Leighton Vander Esch / Antonio Morrison

OLB John Simon / Tegray Scales

CB Rashaan Melvin / Pierre Desir / Kenny Moore

FS Malik Hooker / Domincik Sanders

SS Mathias Farley / Clayton Geathers / TJ Green

CB EJ Gaines / Quincy Wilson / Nate Hairston

We overturn the roster. Easily a 10-12 win team. We finally fix and give Luck a great OL to protect him. Should lead to him being more comfortable, with way fewer INT's as we know he likes to hold onto the ball at times. He'll have Hilton, Robinson, and Calloway at WR plus Doyle at TE. That's just scary Then add in we finally have a stud RB. A Feature back to pair with a 2nd year Marlo Mack. On Defense we switch to the 4-3. We will have the best Defense we've had in the Luck era obviously. We should have a top half D. We finally have that stud game wrecking, machine EDGE rusher in Chubb. Hitchens and LVE gives us a really good LB duo. Pair them with one of Simon/Scales and our front 7 is looking very, very good. Then the secondary gets a boost with EJ Gaines at CB. He should pair up with Melvin and one of Wilson/Hairston to give us a really solid CB trio. We have some 2nd and 3rd year players should take big steps forward. We should have a big time breakout player or 2 with guys like Kelly, Hooker, Wilson, Hairston, Then. My boy Mathias Farley who was really, really good last year and could become known as a top tier SS this season. Then maybe Anderson, Ridgeway, or Geathers is a breakout player. But all and all we should have a top 5 offense and a very good top 15 D with some big time young play makers brought in.

47 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

A very different roster. We only re-sign a couple guys and let Mewhort and Crief go as well as vets like Butler and Gore. Then bring in an infusion of young talent in the draft and FA, and our roster is looking much better, good actually. We have a lot of money to spend. At east 77, maybe more. High draft picks. The ability to trade back a few spots if we want, still get a stud and add an extra 2 and 3 in the process. I'm just saying things are in our favor. Especially when you add to that a healthy 12 and we're a really good team winning 10-12 games. So here's my Mock for now......

Re-Sign

Rashaan Melvin 3 years, 30 Million

Mike Person 1 year, 1 Million

Pierre Desir 2 years, 5 Million

Free Agent Signings

Andrew Norwell 5 years, 70 Million (We need to make a major run at him and make him a Colt at all cost. He's young, and a top 3 Guard in the NFL)

Josh Sitton 2 years, 20 Million (He's 31, but Sitton is still a top tier Guard and IMO has 2-3 more great years left. He alongside Norwell gives us a monster O-Line)

Allen Robinson 4 years, 52 Million (Signing Robinson isn't really a risk. Players tear their ACL every year and come back the next these days. He's a top tier number 1 WR and only 24 years old. Robinson is a 6'3 height-weight-speed freak WR who can run past everybody and catch it over the top for a big play, go up and get the ball outta the air, he's a menace for defense's in the redzone, an absolute bringer of doom and destruction lol. The kid can do it all. We're talking about a WR1. And I've been wanting, and we've been needing a big 6'3 or 6'4 WR like him for a long time. Changes our Offense greatly.)

EJ Gaines 4 years, 44 Million (Emerged as a top tier CB this season. Young just entering his prime. He alongside Melvin, Wilson, and Hairston gives us a really good group of corners)

Anthony Hitchens 4 years, 24 Million (Really solid signing to start building a good young LB corps, Graded out as PFF's #20 LB in the NFL. Beast against the run)

Marcus Smith 1 year, 5 Million (Showed his potential last year in Seattle. He's still just 25 and could be a breakout player this season. At worst Smith provides depth at DE and a rotational pass rusher that can get to the QB)

Draft

1) Bradley Chubb - EDGE (YES !!!!! We finally get what we've been needing since Mathis got hurt. A freak EDGE rusher who's an all around player. Superstar caliber top 5 at his position type. Chubb IMO will be a double digit sack machine. Week 1 starter, IMO he gets around, or close to 10 sacks in his rookie season. Maybe more. Major impact right away IMO.

2) Leighton Vander Esch - LB (Big, strong, and athletic. He's an all around baller. Sideline to Sideline LB. Great in coverage and vs the run. Solid blitzer too. This kid is going to be a superstar LB in the NFL.

3) Rashaad Penny - RB (Penny finally gives us the feature back we've been needing. He alongside Mack would give us a dynamic rushing attack and they'd have a good OL to block for them. A stout RB like Penny would really take some pressure off Luck and give us a very balanced offensive attack.

4) Tegray Scales - LB (Would be a steal in RD4 IMO and a good chance he's there when we're on the clock. But he's got great instincts, high football IQ, and a non stop motor. He's a tackling machine. and like Vander Esch is also a good blitzer when need be. Not that fast, but he's an all around LB who can match up with TE's. Very solid in coverage. He may not start week 1.But it'll become hard to keep him off the field IMO. I could see him taking over for Simon by the middle-end of the year.

5) Antonio Calloway - WR (Y'all know I'm always big on "Stealing away talent" The players with red flags, off field crap that causes them to fall to the mid-late rounds. Basically zero risk, monster reward in each case. Its like this. I can get a 1st or 2nd RD talent in the 5th-6th ??? YES. sign me up every time. But assuming Calloway comes in and is cool we get a stud WR late in the draft. This kid has tons of talent and can be an animal out there at wide out. Just major potential here.

6) Jaleel Scott - WR (We go back to back at WR. This time getting a big tall and long 6'4  target for 12. This kid has a lot of upside and a lot of potential.

7) Domincik Sanders - S (We grab some quality depth at the Safety position with the Georiga product. He's got limitations, but really good ballskills. Could possibly be a gem in the late rounds. Will provide immediate help on special teams and depth at S.

2018-2019 Roster

QB Andrew Luck / Jacoby Brissett

RB Rashaad Penny / Marlon Mack / Robert Turbin / Matt Jones

LT Anthony Castanzo / Le'Raven Clark

LG Andrew Norwell / 

C Ryan Kelly / Mike Person

RG Josh Sitton / Deyshawn Bond

RT Joe Haeg  / Denzell Good

WR TY Hilton / UDFA

WR Allen Robinson / Jaleel Scott

WR Antonio Calloway / Chester Rogers

TE Jack Doyle / Erik Swoope / Ross Travis

DE Bradley Chubb / John Simon / Tarell Basham

DT Johnathan Hankins / Hassan Ridgeway

DT Al Woods / Henry Anderson / Grover Stewart

DE Jabaal Sheard / Marcus Smith

OLB Anthony Hitchens / Anthony Walker

MLB Leighton Vander Esch / Antonio Morrison

OLB John Simon / Tegray Scales

CB Rashaan Melvin / Pierre Desir / Kenny Moore

FS Malik Hooker / Domincik Sanders

SS Mathias Farley / Clayton Geathers / TJ Green

CB EJ Gaines / Quincy Wilson / Nate Hairston

We overturn the roster. Easily a 10-12 win team. We finally fix and give Luck a great OL to protect him. Should lead to him being more comfortable, with way fewer INT's as we know he likes to hold onto the ball at times. He'll have Hilton, Robinson, and Calloway at WR plus Doyle at TE. That's just scary Then add in we finally have a stud RB. A Feature back to pair with a 2nd year Marlo Mack. On Defense we switch to the 4-3. We will have the best Defense we've had in the Luck era obviously. We should have a top half D. We finally have that stud game wrecking, machine EDGE rusher in Chubb. Hitchens and LVE gives us a really good LB duo. Pair them with one of Simon/Scales and our front 7 is looking very, very good. Then the secondary gets a boost with EJ Gaines at CB. He should pair up with Melvin and one of Wilson/Hairston to give us a really solid CB trio. We have some 2nd and 3rd year players should take big steps forward. We should have a big time breakout player or 2 with guys like Kelly, Hooker, Wilson, Hairston, Then. My boy Mathias Farley who was really, really good last year and could become known as a top tier SS this season. Then maybe Anderson, Ridgeway, or Geathers is a breakout player. But all and all we should have a top 5 offense and a very good top 15 D with some big time young play makers brought in.

By my rough math you've spent nearly 70 million dollars in FA.

I think we have $72.7 available total and that includes signing the draft class (roughly 10 mill) plus we need money for the rest of the roster guys and FA's....

In short,  you've spent roughly $20 Mill more than we have available and didn't leave enough to sign everyone else we need to sign.

I can't speak for the cap numbers, but I do like a lot of the draft.

I'm a fan of Chubb, so I like that pick.

I'm not sure Vander Esch will still be there for us in the 2nd (if so, he's a no-brainer).

Penny in the 3rd would be amazing. I think he could be a very solid back and great compliment to Mack.

Scales is an interesting pick. I'm worried about his lack of size and pursuit speed, but he definitely has elite instincts and is a vocal defensive leader. I don't see him matching up well against TE's due to his height (6ft), but I think he could become a good SAM for us.

I get the late pick/low risk element, but I'm not sure about Callaway. Despite the talent, I don't think I'd want someone with his issues in my locker room. He had sexual assault allegations, to which his defense was that the was "too stoned" that night to want to have sex with anyone. He had a 2nd drug issue and was involved in a credit card fraud scheme. I can give a pass for a college kid smoking weed, but a credit card fraud scheme? Nope..

I'm a huge fan of Jaleel Scott and think he could become a really good WR.

Overall, if even a portion of your FA worked out and that draft (minus Callaway), we'd be in great shape this season.