Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chubb 4.66 forty

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

So they are like the other 31 teams in the league?

But unlike 31 others, they hold the second pick in the draft.  The point of my cryptic post was that Chubb may not be there when we pick as the NYG might roll with Eli.

And Barkley may not either if the Browns draft him #1 and figure they can move up one spot to our 3 to get Darnold.

Just now, DougDew said:

But unlike 31 others, they hold the second pick in the draft.  The point of my cryptic post was that Chubb may not be there when we pick as the NYG might roll with Eli.

And Barkley may not either if the Browns draft him #1 and figure they can move up one spot to our 3 to get Darnold.

I know, I was just joking.

This just makes me think he's the guy at 3 even more if we stay put. He just validated what you see on tape. He has good get off and has always had great hands (compared to Bosa and Barnett), this is definitely helpful for his stock. I think it's even more impressive than the 4.4 that Barkley ran (everyone was saying he was a 4.3 guy)

Just now, Str8himalaya said:

This just makes me think he's the guy at 3 even more if we stay put. He just validated what you see on tape. He has good get off and has always had great hands (compared to Bosa and Barnett), this is definitely helpful for his stock. I think it's even more impressive than the 4.4 that Barkley ran (everyone was saying he was a 4.3 guy)

It really does have all the makings of a very interesting 1st day. 

Let's say the Browns take Barkley at 1, Giants go Rosen at 2, if Denver make you an offer like the 5th pick and their 2nd rounder + A.N other pick you could argue there is a great case to trade down if you bank on the Browns going QB at 4. Even an offer from the Jets could pan out the same way and still land you Chubb. 

4 minutes ago, Str8himalaya said:

Love what Chubb has done today, I would be happy if we drafted him but don't recall anyone saying Barkley would run a 4.3 in here. I could be wrong. I even said 4.4 which I was right. Barkley running a 4.3 at 230 pounds is unrealistic.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love what Chubb has done today, I would be happy if we drafted him but don't recall anyone saying Barkley would run a 4.3 in here. I could be wrong. I even said 4.4 which I was right. Barkley running a 4.3 at 230 pounds is unrealistic.

The media was saying that..

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

It really does have all the makings of a very interesting 1st day. 

Let's say the Browns take Barkley at 1, Giants go Rosen at 2, if Denver make you an offer like the 5th pick and their 2nd rounder + A.N other pick you could argue there is a great case to trade down if you bank on the Browns going QB at 4. Even an offer from the Jets could pan out the same way and still land you Chubb. 

I think NYG will want more of a developmental pick for QB than a franchise guy to replace Eli right now.  I see them has always building around a strong D with a strong D line.  I think Chubb's performance puts him in play at pick #2, which a big part of that is the nature and history of the Giants.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There were definitely people on here insisting Barkley would run in the 4.3's

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

250lbs :P got too excited. A team running 3-4 will take him in the 1st IMO.

4.46 is still great for a guy that size. I thought maybe he went to many buffets and weighed 450 and ran that - that would've been wordily news. Imagine a 450 pound bowling ball coming at someone that fast :thmup:

6 minutes ago, esmort said:

There were definitely people on here insisting Barkley would run in the 4.3's

Well he easily could have run in the 4.3’s if he didn’t stumble. He said he didn’t like his first run and he stumbled on the second 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

You could...but I think Nelson is the best player in the draft....We need help at guard.

We're trying to protect Andrew better....

....again..a no-lose scenario...pick at 3 or trade down for a No. 1 and others.

If Denver (the '5') gets a free agent QB, they'd switch 3 and 5  and throw in a '2', maybe.

They are talking about Nelson . Their O-line is worse than ours

Yep, Broncos are the biggest threat for Nelson, IMO, at No.5, which is why you take Nelson if Chubb is not there, and do not move down. I don't think we can lose in that situation. You just have to plan for possibilities.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People are often a little inexact with their comments....

So someone saying Batkley will run 4.3 may NOT be saying 4.30....

They may be saying anywhere from 4.30 to 4.39.     

And Barkley only missed 4.39 by .01.   One-one hundredth of a second.

I've run into this situation with several posters here.   It's mostly a case of semantics.....

7 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Well he easily could have run in the 4.3’s if he didn’t stumble. He said he didn’t like his first run and he stumbled on the second 

Yeah I am sure a lot of players say those things about their 40.  I am not saying Barkley didn't look great yesterday; he did.  I was just saying some people were/are over-hyping him even more and were projecting mid 4.3's.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep, Broncos are the biggest threat for Nelson, IMO, at No.5, which is why you take Nelson if Chubb is not there, and do not move down.

Question?    Isn't this only true IF Denver signs Cousins or some other starting QB?!?    

Because if they don't sign a starting QB in FA,  then don't we think if the Broncos want to trade up they want to take a QB and not Nelson?

10 minutes ago, esmort said:

Yeah I am sure a lot of players say those things about their 40.  I am not saying Barkley didn't look great yesterday; he did.  I was just saying some people were/are over-hyping him even more and were projecting mid 4.3's.

The combine is an addendum, IMO, to confirm a "few" things that you wanted to know (not needed to know) on top of what you saw on tape for those being picked in the Top 10.

Barkley's value would have been the same even if he ran a 4.5, IMO. Giants will have their Big 3 with Eli, OBJ and Barkley that will make a lot of things go and make the NFC East again a race, IMO.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Question?    Isn't this only true IF Denver signs Cousins or some other starting QB?!?    

Because if they don't sign a starting QB in FA,  then don't we think if the Broncos want to trade up they want to take a QB and not Nelson?

Yes, that is true. All signs point towards Elway getting his QB in free agency.

Swing and a miss with Brock and Lynch in the draft twice, I feel Elway might be more gun shy to go with a QB in the draft and go with FA to get his QB. Besides, his drafting on the offensive side has been nothing short of terrible. DT was drafted before him, Sanders came in FA, Wes Welker in FA, Julius Thomas was good because of Peyton as a UDFA, Latimer has not developed whatsoever and his drafted RBs - Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball have again been misses, Booker is early to call while the UDFA C.J.Anderson has been his best RB. He might need someone from the Polian clan to do the offensive drafting, it seems like :) 

If Elway is smart enough, he will realize his own weakness and get the centerpiece QB from FA like he did with Peyton, worked out good for him last time for the Broncos and to lure future FAs to the Broncos.

On the other hand, drafting DL, DBs and LBs has been the Broncos strength. OL, picking this high in the draft, if he gets his QB in FA, he cannot go wrong with Quenton Nelson.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The combine is an addendum, IMO, to confirm a "few" things that you wanted to know (not needed to know) on top of what you saw on tape for those being picked in the Top 10.

Barkley's value would have been the same even if he ran a 4.5, IMO. 

Agreed never meant to imply that his 40 time impacted his draft stock necessarily. (although I think a time above 4.5 definitely would have raised some eyebrows).  My original comment was just meant to point out that 4.3X had been strongly predicted by some posters prior to the draft.

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think NYG will want more of a developmental pick for QB than a franchise guy to replace Eli right now.  I see them has always building around a strong D with a strong D line.  I think Chubb's performance puts him in play at pick #2, which a big part of that is the nature and history of the Giants.

They do have a new GM. And he did take a rb who is essentially a change of pace back at #8 last yr.