Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jarvis Landry visiting Indianapolis to talk with the Dolphins

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

From the tweet, if a trade were to occur, we would not be giving up our 1st round draft pick. We would be exchanging our picks. 

The Dolphins would get the #3 pick and we would get #11. So we would not lost a 1st round pick, just select later in the round. There will still be good talent available there.

In addition, another player may be in the mix.

Oh, I know. Even then, it's still not worth it. You lose out on a generational player for by trading that far down and there are much better trades for the #3 pick than Landry. If other assets are included with Landry, then I might feel better about it. 

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Oh, I know. Even then, it's still not worth it. You lose out on a generational player for by trading that far down and there are much better trades for the #3 pick than Landry. If other assets are included with Landry, then I might feel better about it. 

I just wanted to clarify. There were some comments that made is seem as though we were entirely giving up a 1st round pick, which supposedly is not the case.

Anyhow, I'm not sure this trade will happen. It doesn't seem like a Ballard type of deal, but I can certainly see how it would improve the offense.

6 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

They might. It's better than letting him go for free and considering how much other trades have gotten, it might be enough. Our 2nd round pick is pretty high in this draft.

Jones? Who is that?

I think he means James. Who is currently a rental playing on his rookie option. Both player are expensive and have to extended. I just can't see Ballard trading down that far and giving up that draft capital for players who will cost a lot of money.

6 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

From the tweet, if a trade were to occur, we would not be giving up our 1st round draft pick. We would be exchanging our picks. 

The Dolphins would get the #3 pick and we would get #11. So we would not lost a 1st round pick, just select later in the round. There will still be good talent available there.

In addition, another player may be in the mix.

Link? 

14 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Alright settle down before you explode dude. 

Seriously? You come here with unsubstantiated rumors and present them as "reports coming out that we’re trading for him one way or another." and then you are surprised people are agitated?   

Just now, stitches said:

This guys has 11(ELEVEN) freaking followers!!! ELEVEN!!! Not eleven thousand! Eleven period! 

I am not saying that any of it is true. There was a tweet provided in this thread and then people started to think that we were giving up our first round pick entirely. I was just clarifying that the tweet stated we would be swapping first rounders....that's it.

I don't know if it's true and personally don't think it's true. I was merely correcting people who over reacted based on this tweet.

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Seriously? You come here with unsubstantiated rumors and present them as "reports coming out that we’re trading for him one way or another." and then you are surprised people are agitated?   

Yup. If nothing had been posted at all, I never would have said a word about it. You can relax anytime now. If there is any truth to this then we’ll hear more about it sooner rather than later. 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

Right!? The certainty of "one way or another", followed by "possibly". I can't take someone seriously that immediately contradicts themselves in the same post.

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Right?! Man, I apologize that I worded something incorrectly. Let me know when you’re perfect. 

It has nothing to do with just wording, but has everything to do with intent. You said that that single tweet meant we were signing Landry one way or another, implying 100% probability, then followed it with "possibly". Don't post something as an absolute fact, then negate it the very next line. If it's your opinion, just add "I think" or "I believe" at the beginning to make sure people know its your opinion and not an actual fact. That's how incorrect information gets spread and that's why I posted what I did. It's either a fact or your opinion, and it irritates me to see people post their opinion like it's fact.

I'm not perfect, but I make sure I put a lot of thought into everything I post.

9 minutes ago, Str8himalaya said:

Interesting to say the least. If we did get Landry, James, and their 11th and 2nd rounder I would be ok.

Same. At 11th, there's still some talent, and I'd like to draft Tremaine Edmunds there.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

only way I'd like that is if we got either McGlinchey or Nelson at 11

No Edmunds? He's going to be good.

Please note that this is all from various news reports, and they appear to be quoting the same guy: Take it with a grain of salt.

From what I've read, the Dolphins do want to trade Landry -- and it appears that it might take a second or third round draft pick to do it. Here are some online posts about the potential Landry trade rumors,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761623-jarvis-landry-trade-rumors-dolphins-interested-in-deal-will-meet-wrs-agent

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/28/17055370/jarvis-landry-trade-rumors-giants-seem-an-unlikely-landing-spot

“If the Dolphins manage to trade Landry, the likely compensation, multiple NFL people are saying, would be perhaps a third-round pick. Or maybe a low second-rounder. Or maybe a player,” Salguero wrote.

3 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

They might. It's better than letting him go for free and considering how much other trades have gotten, it might be enough. Our 2nd round pick is pretty high in this draft.

Jones? Who is that?

I meant the RT James.  He would be a new starter at RT along with Landry.  They both would be signed and extended. I could see us giving up a 3rd. and Brisett to compete with Tannehill and getting a 4th. back as well.  We would sign a new backup QB in FA.  Two new starters and a 4th. for a third and a backup QB.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I meant the RT James.  He would be a new starter at RT along with Landry.  They both would be signed and extended. I could see us giving up a 3rd. and Brisett to compete with Tannehill and getting a 4th. back as well.  We would sign a new backup QB in FA.  Two new starters and a 4th. for a third and a backup QB.  

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat, but would the Dolphins?

Landry as it stands is maybe worth a late 1st to some teams, but I wouldn't give our 2nd rd pick for him let alone moving down from the 3rd overall pick.  Plus you gotta overpay him?  No thanks.  Imagine acquiring Martavis Bryant and/ or Josh Gordon for 5th and 6th rounders respectively.  Our receiver corps. would be deadly and cheap. 

18 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Same. At 11th, there's still some talent, and I'd like to draft Tremaine Edmunds there.

No Edmunds? He's going to be good.

Outside of OL, this is exactly who I would be targeting. I could see Edmunds, Nelson, Connor Williams (although where if you got James?), or even Roquan Smith being in play here. Wouldn't count out Ward out of Ohio St. at CB either in that position.

4 hours ago, Str8himalaya said:

Outside of OL, this is exactly who I would be targeting. I could see Edmunds, Nelson, Connor Williams (although where if you got James?), or even Roquan Smith being in play here. Wouldn't count out Ward out of Ohio St. at CB either in that position.

I think Williams falls farther than we expect. Ward is fine, but not at 11. There will probably be better corners available. I'm not sure Nelson lasts to there either.

22 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

I think Williams falls farther than we expect. Ward is fine, but not at 11. There will probably be better corners available. I'm not sure Nelson lasts to there either.

I'm not all that high on Ward either, but outside of Fitzpatrick he is considered the best CB in the draft. I could see smith here, he is in the Deion Jones mold at MLB and could be that same type of impact player on a defense. He's a little undersized, but a lot of the LBs now days are, especially in the 4-3. I would hope for Nelson, but highly doubtful he's around at 11. Edmunds might not be either depending on what he does at the combine.