Jim Irsay letter to Colts fans

RockThatBlue

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Frank Kush-4-11

Rod Dowhower-5-24

Rick Venturi-1-10

Linde Infante-12-20

Chuck even had a better winning percentage than Ted Marchibroda did at Indy

So no, he is far not the worst thing that has happened this franchise.

They had inferior teams , many before salary cap era with no QB other than Marchibroda having Harbaugh...All those guys are better coaches than Pagano..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

It was Pagano's team  Arians filled in the 2012 season 11-5 

11-5

11-5 

11-5 

8-8

8-8

4-12  Your total is worthless Chuck Pagano love him or hate him only had 1 losing season .

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/12/31/16667082/colts-fire-chuck-pagano-nfl-2017-season

Here's a neutral party in case you still want to argue .

Pagano was 2-2.    Arians was 9-3 

spin it any way you want but but it is what it is

Pagano may have very easily lost every game left on the schedule that yr.  he could have won them all too.  But going by his history he was probably headed for an 8-8 season that yr.    Seems to be what he excelled at 

So no he doesn't get credit for it unless your giving him pity  credit for being sick   Which I'm not 

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You can move, omit, juggle, add or anything you want to but the bottom line he has a 44-40 career record.

Like I said, you exaggerated and made points that were not true for no other reason but to make Pagano look worse than he was. At least you could is admit the truth.

And you can do the same.    He had 2 winning seasons    You can admit that right? Only 2

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Pagano was 2-2.    Arians was 9-3 

spin it any way you want but but it is what it is

Pagano may have very easily lost every game left on the schedule that yr.  he could have won them all too.  But going by his history he was probably headed for an 8-8 season that yr.    Seems to be what he excelled at 

So no he doesn't get credit for it unless your giving him pity  credit for being sick   Which I'm not 

Dude your just flat out wrong just because the dude was sick with cancer does'nt mean he still was'nt the head coach .I don't need to spin nothing you got that under control .

The NFL gave him credit because he was the HC ,

Who cares what you think any one reading this knows you have no clue .

This is an argument you will always lose spin that ..:headspin:

Just now, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Dude your just flat out wrong just because the dude was sick with cancer does'nt mean he still was'nt the head coach .I don't need to spin nothing you got that under control .

I don't see hardly anyone  that gives Pagano credit for 2012.  So I will spin that as you are wrong.  

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

I don't see hardly anyone  that gives Pagano credit for 2012.  So I will spin that as you are wrong.  

INDIANAPOLIS – The 2012 NFL season was one unlike any other when it came to the NFL Coach-of-the-Year Award for the Associated Press.

So it was for Bruce Arians, too.  Arians was named the NFL Coach-of-the-Year by the Associated Press for his role in helping lead the Colts to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth this past season.

Arians started the season as offensive coordinator, but assumed the field leadership role with the Colts in late September after Head Coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia.  In winning the honor, it was the first time the award was voted to an individual who did not serve as a full-time head coach.

During Pagano’s three-month absence, Arians guided the Colts to wins in nine-of-12 games before relinquishing the reins to Pagano for the regular-season finale and the playoffs.

When Pagano returned, he cited Arians’ outstanding job.

“What a masterful, masterful job,” said Pagano.  “You carried the torch and all you went out and did was win nine ballgames.  You did it with dignity, and you did it with class.  You’re everything that I always knew you were, and more.”

Arians, now the head coach with Arizona, joins Weeb Ewbank (1958), Don Shula (1964, 1967 and 1968), Ted Marchibroda (1975), Ron Meyer (1987) and Tony Dungy (2005) as Colts field leaders to gain honors as the league’s coach-of-the-year. 

“I wasn't coach of the year, the organization was coach of the year,” Arians said in New Orleans when accepting his award.  “More than anything it was Chuck.  Coach, you set the path.  We just rode the bus and kept the lights on the whole time.”

2 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

What does it matter?  Our team drafted poorly, and was coached poorly for the past 5 years (6 on the coaching side). The longer it went on the worse we got.  Who cares what the record was......the evidence was on the field.  Anyone that would embrace 8-8 and missing the playoffs for the next three years as a success, please raise your hand.......turn the page.....

6 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

INDIANAPOLIS – The 2012 NFL season was one unlike any other when it came to the NFL Coach-of-the-Year Award for the Associated Press.

So it was for Bruce Arians, too.  Arians was named the NFL Coach-of-the-Year by the Associated Press for his role in helping lead the Colts to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth this past season.

Arians started the season as offensive coordinator, but assumed the field leadership role with the Colts in late September after Head Coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia.  In winning the honor, it was the first time the award was voted to an individual who did not serve as a full-time head coach.

During Pagano’s three-month absence, Arians guided the Colts to wins in nine-of-12 games before relinquishing the reins to Pagano for the regular-season finale and the playoffs.

When Pagano returned, he cited Arians’ outstanding job.

“What a masterful, masterful job,” said Pagano.  “You carried the torch and all you went out and did was win nine ballgames.  You did it with dignity, and you did it with class.  You’re everything that I always knew you were, and more.”

Arians, now the head coach with Arizona, joins Weeb Ewbank (1958), Don Shula (1964, 1967 and 1968), Ted Marchibroda (1975), Ron Meyer (1987) and Tony Dungy (2005) as Colts field leaders to gain honors as the league’s coach-of-the-year. 

“I wasn't coach of the year, the organization was coach of the year,” Arians said in New Orleans when accepting his award.  “More than anything it was Chuck.  Coach, you set the path.  We just rode the bus and kept the lights on the whole time.”

Well wth did you expect Arians to say. I'm better than you Chuck?

Arians was named interim head coach that means he's the coach 

2 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

What does it matter?  Our team drafted poorly, and was coached poorly for the past 5 years (6 on the coaching side). The longer it went on the worse we got.  Who cares what the record was......the evidence was on the field.  Anyone that would embrace 8-8 and missing the playoffs for the next three years as a success, please raise your hand.......turn the page.....

Wow. Another poster who cant see facts and get them right. It's easy to omit facts when your narrative is to point fingers.

Matter of fact, Chuck may have coached his best year going 8-8 without Luck and 5 different QBs. But when all you want to do is hate it don't matter to you anyway.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wow. Another poster who cant see facts and get them right. It's easy to omit facts when your narrative is to point fingers.

Matter of fact, Chuck may have coached his best year going 8-8 without Luck and 5 different QBs. But when all you want to do is hate it don't matter to you anyway.

Do You think chuck should still be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts?

3 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Do You think chuck should still be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts?

Do I? Yes. He was set up this last season to be the scapegoat from day one.

He was expected to win games with no starting QB. He had no offensive line. He had no defense either. But don't let little things like that effect your hate.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He was expected to win games with no starting QB. He had no offensive line. He had no defense either. But don't let little things like that effect your hate.

:facepalm:       Hahaha.   Hahaha.  

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

My god you are hyperbolic. I don't hate anyone. I simply don't think a coach with an 8-8 ceiling, who proved to be sub par in game management and player development was ever going to bring us a championship.  Irsay and ballard seemed to agree is that "hatred" as well?

If I had to be fair and rank Chuck's time here, I would break it down like this:

2012 = Incomplete because he only Coached 4 games and went 2-2. Arians was the Coach 3/4 of the season.

2013 = Good, went 11-5 and won a Playoff game.

2014 = Very Good, went 11-5 and won 2 Playoff games making the Final 4.

2015 = Above Average, eventhough we went 8-8, Chuck didn't have Luck for 9 games that season.

2016 = Average, we went 8-8 again and Luck played 15 games. This is where I thought we should've fired him after the 2016 Season. We had no business losing to Houston at home with the Division Title on the line late that season. You could start to see at that point the team was really going backwards as well from what we accomplished in 2014.

2017 = Bad at 4-12! Not entirely Chuck's fault as Andrew was out all season but I would've fired Chuck after the 2016 Season. I think after 2016 his era ran it's course. JMO.

-Bottomline, I had no problem with Chuck being our Coach from 2012-2015 = his 1st 4 seasons but he lost me after 2016. JMO's. He basically was an Above Average Coach, not Good, Very Good, or Great in the reality of things (he wasn't Bad either) but after 2016 it was just time for us to move on. Irsay gave him 1 more year which was last season but it ended up getting us Frank Reich so it's all good in the hood!

3 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

My god you are hyperbolic. I don't hate anyone. I simply don't think a coach with an 8-8 ceiling, who proved to be sub par in game management and player development was ever going to bring us a championship.  Irsay and ballard seemed to agree is that "hatred" as well?

He wasn't an 8-8 coach when he had a roster to win with.

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Of course that's what I said.  These kind of answers are why you get laughed at and ridiculed and no one takes anything you say seriously.  

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

:facepalm:       Hahaha.   Hahaha.  

Really?  If I were you I would take a long look at how you are taken serious in this forum.

8 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

I could care less about the record if you had read my posts you would realize i was just giving an accurate account of Paganos record .

You could use a course in reading comprehension the poster i was responding to was hung up on numbers that absolutely made no sense & my attempt was lost on him & APPARENTLY YOU .

Nobody in there right mind would celebrate or embrace a 8-8 record that would be moronic . 

In the context of my post which apparently you missed is 8-8 is not a losing season but it sucks .

Pagano had 1 losing season 2017 the poster I was answering believed 2012 did not & should not count for Pagano .

Pagano sucked I was never impressed & I would have been happier had he been fired the prior season . 

So IMO if you don't understand  what you read that's on you, your post had no basis in reality turn that page & your also wrong our drafting started out pretty good & the first 3 seasons were pretty good .  

10 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I could care less about the record if you had read my posts you would realize i was just giving an accurate account of Paganos record .

You could use a course in reading comprehension the poster i was responding to was hung up on numbers that absolutely made no sense & my attempt was lost on him & APPARENTLY YOU .

Nobody in there right mind would celebrate or embrace a 8-8 record that would be moronic . 

In the context of my post which apparently you missed is 8-8 is not a losing season but it sucks .

Pagano had 1 losing season 2017 the poster I was answering believed 2012 did not & should not count for Pagano .

Pagano sucked I was never impressed & I would have been happier had he been fired the prior season . 

So IMO if you don't understand  what you read that's on you, your post had no basis in reality turn that page & your also wrong our drafting started out pretty good & the first 3 seasons were pretty good .  

8 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

The Ceiling was 11-5 3 years running going 8-8 with 5 different QB's was not a bad year , I agree sub par in both game management & player development but Pagano did have early success but I never was a fan of his .

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

How about Rod Dowhower,  lindy infante?  How about Bob Irsay being GM? Far worse things have happened to this franchise than pagano

Those teams were far less talented you have to admit...I don't think we are void of talent like some....We have some good players, just have had horrible coaching and scheme..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Those teams were far less talented you have to admit...I don't think we are void of talent like some....We have some good players, just have had horrible coaching and scheme..

this team isn't that talented.   Very few playmakers on either side of the ball

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ive been a fan since 85', not saying we didn't have some bad eras, but even Brissett was better than any QB other than Haubaugh..We had the good year when we got Dickerson that again goes to the Barkley argument..lol..Irsay as G.M. was bad for sure...I just have never thought Pagano was any good, the first few years when he still had some good players from the old regime and a healthy Luck doing spectacular things kinda helped hide his incompetence...I think he is terrible, not smart enough to be an NFL coach and not just the game management stuff, the preparation, lax culture, all of it was bad....He will never get a head coaching job again...His record is a mirage...Most guys who had that record would be a hot candidate, but NFL g.ms and owners know he is awful...Even last yr with Brissett coming in week 2 not knowing offense, all the injuries we gave away 4 or 5 games due to bad coaching, with a good coach that was a team that could've easily been 8-8 or 9-7...

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree we need to add some playmakers,  elite level players..We have a lot of "good" young players that if they get developed and coached right can get much better results..

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to be fair and rank Chuck's time here, I would break it down like this:

2012 = Incomplete because he only Coached 4 games and went 2-2. Arians was the Coach 3/4 of the season.

2013 = Good, went 11-5 and won a Playoff game.

2014 = Very Good, went 11-5 and won 2 Playoff games making the Final 4.

2015 = Above Average, eventhough we went 8-8, Chuck didn't have Luck for 9 games that season.

2016 = Average, we went 8-8 again and Luck played 15 games. This is where I thought we should've fired him after the 2016 Season. We had no business losing to Houston at home with the Division Title on the line late that season. You could start to see at that point the team was really going backwards as well from what we accomplished in 2014.

2017 = Bad at 4-12! Not entirely Chuck's fault as Andrew was out all season but I would've fired Chuck after the 2016 Season. I think after 2016 his era ran it's course. JMO.

-Bottomline, I had no problem with Chuck being our Coach from 2012-2015 = his 1st 4 seasons but he lost me after 2016. JMO's. He basically was an Above Average Coach, not Good, Very Good, or Great in the reality of things (he wasn't Bad either) but after 2016 it was just time for us to move on. Irsay gave him 1 more year which was last season but it ended up getting us Frank Reich so it's all good in the hood!

Very fair assessment. Might add that Luck was playing injured in 2016.