Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tennessee (+8.5) at Kansas City (1-6-18)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST   Sean McDonough, (Raider spy) Jon Gruden and Lisa Salter on ESPN

Mid 20s and sunny ...over-under 44.5  .......at the ArrowHead Stadium in Kansas City

The real NFL season kicks off with struggling QB Marcus Mariotta (281 of 453, 3.232 yards, 13 TDs, 15 interceptions) trying to find his 'game' against a KC team which has won four in a row.. RB DeMarco Murray (184 carries, 659 yards) will nt play so Derrick Henry (176 for 744 yards) has to get the Titans something against a revived KC defense that allowed just 65 points the last 4 weeks. The KC secondary has 16 pass interceptions.   Titans lost 3 of their last 4 and barely beat Jacksonville 15-10 to stumble into the post-season

'Mr. Game Manager' Alex Smith (341 of 505, 4,042 yards, 26 TDs, 5 INTs) should be ready to rumble with WR Tyreek Hill (75 catches, 1,183 yards, 9 TDs) and TE Travis Kelce (83 catches, 1,038 yards, 8 TDs)  Kareem Hunt has won 272 times for 1,327 yards. The Titans have 42 QB sacks but they'll be behind all day so the pass rush may not matter

If this game looks like a mismatch, its because it is.  Mariotta and Blake Bortles must have switch uniformed the second half of the season or the Titan Q Is hurt, one of the 2.

The question isn't: Will KC win. Its How much will KC win by.

I would stay away from this game because KC is conservative enough to sit on a lead and allow a 'back-door cover' of the 8.5 points  by the Titans.

I would also stay away from this game because it will be boring.  Chiefs aren't exciting but they are advancing

Edited by oldunclemark

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah. Plus the Patriots gets handed the AFC championship on a silver platter. 

At at least the Chiefs would make it a game.

I wouldn't be so sure. We will see how it plays out. It seems like if you have a ball control offense, and limit your D's exposure to Brady, you have a chance. Jaguars, Titans both have that kind of offense. You never know.

Reaction to the loss apparently is fairly rough in KC...

.....Folks want Andy Reid gone....some odd play calls in the second half

I dont see how this one is his fault....His team had the game won.

A FG hit the upright...A guy threw a TD pass to himself...

Fans love to blame the coach but really...this game?