Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Vrabel to be interviewed tomorrow

RockThatBlue

6 hours ago, crunked said:

I don't know a thing about Vrabels coaching acumen but hiring him would be as weird to me as the Pats hiring Mathis as their head coach......just feels a little dirty and wrong lol 

I knew very little but after a Google search and reading a few articles 

I must say he sparked my interest now with phrases like " a natural born leader " "has that rare it factor" "rare leadership qualities" "headed for great things" 

I don't know if he is the right guy or not but I see why he has interviews lined up for multiple teams . 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Tomlin terrible? Hes probably the 2nd best coach in the AFC. 

Aside from his repeated clock management failures, what strategy does he contribute? He has a great QB, running back and wide receiver.  He can't beat the Pats, fielding a defense that Brady habitually shreds. His draft picks are regularly bad actors, although Blount straightened out for a while under Belichick.  He's an empty suit, who is squandering a lot of talent by not creating the dominant team that level of talent should bring under a good coach.

7 hours ago, ColtsAC said:

If got nothing much to add to this thread but I bet its 50/50 between Vrabel and Richard for the next Colts hc. Just a strong hunch....you know, the kind of hunch that costs you your paycheck at a blackjack table.

I like Richard.   Somebody needs to do what Pagano failed at, put together  a consistently good defense.  The rest will take care of itself .