Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A fun petition we Colts fans should start in regards to logo...

Indeee

I personally have been a Colts fan my entire life. in fact I came out of my Mother's womb a Colts fan. My family had season tickets to the Baltimore Colts for years and I was very young when they split to Indy. I subsequently remained a colts fan. I have seen very bad times and some great times too, however there has always been one thing that has puzzled me regarding the logo....

Why is the Horseshoe upside down? A Horseshoe should be represented with the opening at the bottom as that is associated with "Luck" regarding superstition.

I am somewhat superstitious about some things and this is one of them...

I think, even though it will get us absolutely nowhere, for fun we should petition NOT for a uniform change but a logo change so our beloved Horseshoe is finally portrayed the correct way... and it just might bring us a little Luck in the future. Literally and figuratively... 

What do all you think?

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I personally have been a Colts fan my entire life. in fact I came out of my Mother's womb a Colts fan. My family had season tickets to the Baltimore Colts for years and I was very young when they split to Indy. I subsequently remained a colts fan. I have seen very bad times and some great times too, however there has always been one thing that has puzzled me regarding the logo....

Why is the Horseshoe upside down? A Horseshoe should be represented with the opening at the bottom as that is associated with "Luck" regarding superstition.

I am somewhat superstitious about some things and this is one of them...

I think, even though it will get us absolutely nowhere, for fun we should petition NOT for a uniform change but a logo change so our beloved Horseshoe is finally portrayed the correct way... and it just might bring us a little Luck in the future. Literally and figuratively... 

What do all you think?

I say go for it....just only use it against Cleveland every few years...after it has built up some "luck" then we can bring it out against some really good teams like San Francisco in 4 years lol!

8 hours ago, Indeee said:

Yeah, but for years people put horseshoes on nails over there doors for good luck and the shoe was always open at bottom so it could hang over the nail

I’ve always heard opposite myself. If you flip it over the luck pours out.