Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Still Unable To Make Most Throws...

Smitto

Anyone else think it's funny that now we're taking Bill Polian's word on injured Colts as gospel?

He might very well be telling the truth but if he told me that Unitas was dead I'd be checking for a pulse.

Guess that's how big a difference a few months can make.

the difference is he worked for the colts back then and no team is honest about injuries. now he doesn't and can be honest because he only answers to himself.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Having PM and AL is well worth the extra $3 million. I would absolutely sacrifice a average player for Mann-Luck.

You need to look at it from a total team salary cap perspective.

PM and Luck and QB3 together in 2012 will cost cap space of $22.8MM or 18.9% of total team cap

2013: $23.6 or 19.3% of total team cap

2014: $25.7 or 19.1% of total team cap

2015: $27.8 or 20.2% of total team cap.

That's 19-20% of total team cap allocated to the QB position. I don't think that is reasonable.

If PM decides to retire or is cut anytime before 2015, the cap hit will be increased that year due to the acceleration of unaccounted for pro-rated pieces of his bonuses. So there is a chance that 20% could be more.

You need to look at it from a total team salary cap perspective. PM and Luck and QB3 together in 2012 will cost cap space of $22.8MM or 18.9% of total team cap 2013: $23.6 or 19.3% of total team cap 2014: $25.7 or 19.1% of total team cap 2015: $27.8 or 20.2% of total team cap. That's 19-20% of total team cap allocated to the QB position. I don't think that is reasonable. If PM decides to retire or is cut anytime before 2015, the cap hit will be increased that year due to the acceleration of unaccounted for pro-rated pieces of his bonuses. So there is a chance that 20% could be more.

I disagree. I think it is very reasonable considering the nature of the game today. The league is extremely pass friendly, and if the Colts really want to make playoff runs as soon as next year, even with a rebuilding team, then it can make some sense to spend 20% on the QB position.

One can argue that you can use cheap WRs/TEs, due to the fact our QB play makes them appear to play at a higher level.

I disagree. I think it is very reasonable considering the nature of the game today. The league is extremely pass friendly, and if the Colts really want to make playoff runs as soon as next year, even with a rebuilding team, then it can make some sense to spend 20% on the QB position.

One can argue that you can use cheap WRs/TEs, due to the fact our QB play makes them appear to play at a higher level.

You are allowed to disagree all you want. I have no issues with that.

However, the fact is, that if you allocate 20% to QBs, you will have to "cheap out" somewhere else. I find it interesting that you are willing to cheap out the WR/TE.

Does this mean Clark, Garcon and Wayne are gone in your thinking?

I forgot how much Collins got. *sigh* That was a hot mess if I ever saw one on this team.

I suppose they could make Peyton+Luck work. But, I would think they might want to restructure Peyton's contract to make it happen if they did?

I am no expert with the cap but then again there are other FAs on the team too.

Ugh........

Well I am glad I am not in charge of this stuff. Tough.

Yeah, i was just saying that it could easily work even with Peyton's contract as is...but i fully expect him/irsay to iron out a completely different contract if he stays