Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Still Unable To Make Most Throws...

Smitto

I don't have a link or a transcript but you can listen to it yourself on PTI podcast 2/9...Bill Polian on Five Good Minutes.pti_carbonite_300b.jpg

PTI: 2/9

Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon discuss Duke guard Austin Rivers' performance in the win over UNC and the Jeremy Lin phenomenon. Plus, they spend Five Good Minutes with Bill Polian.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All we can do is speculate now which is getting pretty annoying now lol, i just wish irsay can hurry up and make a decision.

Why bother speculating (worrying) about something you have no input or control over? Sounds to me like a surefire way to an ulcer.

If you can divorce yourself from the speculation then it makes no difference when Irsay and Manning figure all of this out.

I don't have a link or a transcript but you can listen to it yourself on PTI podcast 2/9...Bill Polian on Five Good Minutes.

Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon discuss Duke guard Austin Rivers' performance in the win over UNC and the Jeremy Lin phenomenon. Plus, they spend Five Good Minutes with Bill Polian.

Thanks for posting about this! It was a worthy listen. It certainly doesn't help my thoughts on whether Peyton will be back next season, but it does refute Lombardi's recent claims.

i notice the frog has chosen not to post regarding this report. i guess he can't think of a spin to make manning look like he can't throw.

This is not new news to be honest. It's been well known that Manning can make short to short/intermediate throws for quite some time. Going back to an older article Addai said his short stuff looked really good. What is in question is really his arm strength and velocity on longer throws and those are HUGE on throws longer than 25 , 30 yards. None of us want to see Manning become Chad Pennington.

i notice the frog has chosen not to post regarding this report. i guess he can't think of a spin to make manning look like he can't throw.

Until your comment, I chose not to post on this report because it is more of the same gossip, positive or negative coming from people who heard it from other people who allegedly saw this or that. The report did not quote either Irsay or Manning. So believe as you will. I am waiting for more substantive reports that quote Irsay or Manning.

Until your comment, I chose not to post on this report because it is more of the same gossip, positive or negative coming from people who heard it from other people who allegedly saw this or that. The report did not quote either Irsay or Manning. So believe as you will. I am waiting for more substantive reports that quote Irsay or Manning.

polian saw him throw and spoke to what HE saw. there is no "gossip, positive or negative coming from people who heard it from other people who allegedly saw this or that". don't let facts get in the way of you anti manning posts.

polian saw him throw and spoke to what HE saw. there is no "gossip, positive or negative coming from people who heard it from other people who allegedly saw this or that". don't let facts get in the way of you anti manning posts.

I guess you didn't understand me when I said that I am waiting for more substantive reports that quote either Irsay or Manning.

Polian is not Irsay. Polian is not Manning.

I guess you didn't understand me when I said that I am waiting for more substantive reports that quote either Irsay or Manning.

Polian is not Irsay. Polian is not Manning.

i guess irsay is a better judge of talent than one of the best gm in the history of the nfl. i remember how bad the colts were when he was the colt gm. hey, maybe some team will take your advise and have a doctor evaluate qb's throwing ability. your excuses are just silly now.

i guess irsay is a better judge of talent than one of the best gm in the history of the nfl. i remember how bad the colts were when he was the colt gm. hey, maybe some team will take your advise and have a doctor evaluate qb's throwing ability. your excuses are just silly now.

Irsay will be the one making the decision on the payment or non-payment of the $28MM option bonus due March 8. Not Polian.

This is not new news to be honest. It's been well known that Manning can make short to short/intermediate throws for quite some time. Going back to an older article Addai said his short stuff looked really good. What is in question is really his arm strength and velocity on longer throws and those are HUGE on throws longer than 25 , 30 yards. None of us want to see Manning become Chad Pennington.

I don't honestly think many here might even care. I would love to be wrong but several posters here just want their Peyton. They don't care if he has to throw with his feet.

They just want Peyton. Period.

We all here love Manning even though some think I am now a hater or something but thats just QB fanboy talk. But, I do admit.....the thought of getting a young big armed stud even if this team wins 4 games does intrigue me. I want a reason to be hopeful for the future as well and not just until we lose in the playoffs to a better defensive squad even if our beloved is starting.

I know we could have both Peyton and Luck which is the best case scenario but that seems ridiculous to me at this point with the weaknesses on this team.

On that note I will now duck cyber knives being thrown at me.

Irsay will be the one making the decision on the payment or non-payment of the $28MM option bonus due March 8. Not Polian.

Let me help you. Your missing a key point on two fronts. Polian got fired, so he's probably not in love with Irsay right now.

He also has the true info on Peyton as of a month ago. Not that you didnt already know that, but I consider Polian to be a wild card now in terms of info he has and how he'll use it for his show. It's all "factual", but he is going to levy his support for Peyton playing in the future regardless of what's up.

I can only imagine how incredibly frustrated Manning must be. Never been hurt, best on the planet, then one day you can't feel your dang arm or throw the ball very well and you keep trying, keep trying, keep trying and nothing's happening. All the while your paycheck hangs in the balance. Yikes!

Gonna make a great movie someday. The comeback of a great player. They can make it about Eli too.

Let me help you. Your missing a key point on two fronts. Polian got fired, so he's probably not in love with Irsay right now.

He also has the true info on Peyton as of a month ago. Not that you didnt already know that, but I consider Polian to be a wild card now in terms of info he has and how he'll use it for his show. It's all "factual", but he is going to levy his support for Peyton playing in the future regardless of what's up.

Thanks for filling in the information. However, something tells me that the people who were asking weren't really interested in knowing the information. I think they had a different agenda in mind. :rollseyes:

Something else I haven't seen anybody bring up. If Peyton ends up going to another team(maybe even here) and has to work with unfamiliar receivers he builds his trust and timing through endless repetition of throws and working on routes. So his arm not only will have to hold up for game days but he might have to throw even more through the week if he goes to another team. For this reason I think anything less than a 100% recovery and he ends up retiring. That's a lot of wear and tear on an arm.

I know we could have both Peyton and Luck which is the best case scenario but that seems ridiculous to me at this point with the weaknesses on this team.

On that note I will now duck cyber knives being thrown at me.

the main reason i DO want that scenario to happen if Peyton is healthy (and why i think it CAN work easier than people think) is that even if we release Peyton, it will still cost us $10.4million in dead space PLUS what Luck gets....if we KEEP Manning AND add Luck, our QB $$ will be roughly the same as it was this past season with Peyton + Collins + Painter + Orlovski...and if Manning is healthy, i would MUCH rather spend the back up QB $ on Luck than the other 3 guys mentioned

the main reason i DO want that scenario to happen if Peyton is healthy (and why i think it CAN work easier than people think) is that even if we release Peyton, it will still cost us $10.4million in dead space PLUS what Luck gets....if we KEEP Manning AND add Luck, our QB $$ will be roughly the same as it was this past season with Peyton + Collins + Painter + Orlovski...and if Manning is healthy, i would MUCH rather spend the back up QB $ on Luck than the other 3 guys mentioned

I forgot how much Collins got. *sigh* That was a hot mess if I ever saw one on this team.

I suppose they could make Peyton+Luck work. But, I would think they might want to restructure Peyton's contract to make it happen if they did?

I am no expert with the cap but then again there are other FAs on the team too.

Ugh........

Well I am glad I am not in charge of this stuff. Tough.

FYI:

2011 cap space taken by QBs:

Manning: $16MM

Collins: $2.75MM

Painter: $0.50MM

Orlovsky: $0.58MM

Total: $19.83MM

2012 cap space taken by QBs assuming drafting QB2 with #1 pick @ 5% above Cam Newton's contract, and releasing Painter and Orlovsky, and signing a QB3 at league minimum:

Manning: $17MM

QB2: $4.2MM

QB3: $0.4MM

Collins: $1.25MM (remnant)

Painter: $0.02MM (remnant)

Total: $22.87MM

Difference is about $3MM

Bill Polian confirmed tonight on PTI...on Dec.30, Peyton was throwing well to the right, to the left, across his body with a tight spiral, good accuracy and velocity. He said that Peyton was not yet throwing 50 yarders, maybe not 45, but everything he threw was showing marked improvement since September.

according to polian marvin harrison is just about ready to come back from his knee injury and bob sanders is good to go

Thanks for filling in the information. However, something tells me that the people who were asking weren't really interested in knowing the information. I think they had a different agenda in mind. :rollseyes:

Oh Em Gee! U hatez teh PeyTon MaNNiNgzzz!!!

Your idea of him not being in love with Irsay is pure speculation. Polian understands better than anyone how the business is and it was more business than personal for Polian's firing. You can't go 2-14 because you lost one player in this league and expect to keep your job. He's the guy who drafted Peyton so yes he may be a little slanted towards Peyton but the comments he made line up with what exactly he said back in December when he was still with the team.

Polian said it capped at 25 yards. Where do you get the maybe not 45 or 50?

I watched the segment last night too, and while it's not in the article, he DID mention something about that...and also not in the article, but in the segment...Polian said Peyton was throwing from each hash-mark to the opposite sideline with good velocity (which reaffirms the "cross-body" reference)

according to polian marvin harrison is just about ready to come back from his knee injury and bob sanders is good to go

can you give me a list of gm's that are honest about players that are hort on their teams???

teams just don't do that. this is a rediculous arguement.

former players, coaches, and gm's are the ones that give the most honest oppinions. they aren't in the business of keping team secrets any more.

FYI:

2012 cap space taken by QBs assuming drafting QB2 with #1 pick @ 5% above Cam Newton's contract, and releasing Painter and Orlovsky, and signing a QB3 at league minimum:

Difference is about $3MM

The difference is, we payed 19.83M for basically poor QB play, but....

IF Manning comes back and is 100% for the 2012 season, and we have a much better backup and future QB in Luck, I would say they extra 3M is well worth it.

There are obvious IFs there though.

Do you question polian and AVs report?

Yes - still skeptical.

Regardless of Polian's comments, I firmly believe there are other red flags out there that have hinted at the eventual release of Manning other than his health/arm strength, no the least of which is that I think the Colts want to start their future as soon as possible.

Long story short - the report from Polian yesterday, while nice and hopeful, I still don't think it translates into Manning in Indy next year.

Anyone else think it's funny that now we're taking Bill Polian's word on injured Colts as gospel?

He might very well be telling the truth but if he told me that Unitas was dead I'd be checking for a pulse.

Guess that's how big a difference a few months can make.

FYI:

Difference is about $3MM

Good point. Having PM and AL is well worth the extra $3 million. I would absolutely sacrifice a average player for Mann-Luck.

Anyone else think it's funny that now we're taking Bill Polian's word on injured Colts as gospel?

He might very well be telling the truth but if he told me that Unitas was dead I'd be checking for a pulse.

Guess that's how big a difference a few months can make.

I mean I see where you are coming from but let me put it like this.

Bob Sanders: Polian said he was good to go and healthy, the problem was no one could anticipate that Bob would keep having re-occuring injuries. Yes he had a problem staying healthy but there have been plenty of players who have been hurt for a couple of seasons then continue to play at a high level for some seasons after that.