Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Still Unable To Make Most Throws...

Smitto

Mike Lombardi is a pretty accurate guy and is pretty much as calculated in his words as anyone can be...

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/09/report-peyton-manning-still-unable-to-make-most-throws/

But on the other hand Jim Irsay has reportedly said that he is pleased with PM's workout...

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/2/9/2787142/jim-irsay-has-reportedly-seen-peyton-manning-throw-and-is-pleased

All we can do is speculate now which is getting pretty annoying now lol, i just wish irsay can hurry up and make a decision.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Lombardi is a pretty accurate guy and is pretty much as calculated in his words as anyone can be...

http://tracking.si.c...ke-most-throws/

But on the other hand Jim Irsay has reportedly said that he is pleased with PM's workout...

http://www.stampedeb...-and-is-pleased

All we can do is speculate now which is getting pretty annoying now lol, i just wish irsay can hurry up and make a decision.

Its hard to really know for sure. While Lombardi's sources are telling him that Peyton still can't throw left and that he has weak velocity on this throws, other sources, such as Adam V., are telling a different story. Albiet, Lombardi's source is apparantly a reciever, and Adam V. is a kicker and doesn't catch passes.

As for Irsay being pleased with how well Peyton is doing. I do not think this needs to be viewed as a contradiction. Irsay didn't say that Peyton is throwing at NFL level yet, just that he's pleased. Pleased could mean that he's seen Peyton in the weightroom, on the treadmill, making throws in the practice facility and he's pleased with what he's seen so far.

http://tracking.si.c...ke-most-throws/

http://www.stampedeb...-and-is-pleased

again....2nd hand....interesting Smitto..

Thanks for posting.....I want to hear it all......every rumor...like what Irsay said

....but like 82 says..they could both be right...

every reporter is trying to get the breaking news... but what lombardi said is interesting to me, if that is actually true then there's no way peyton will actually be healthy come march.... and if it is true then why would PM's doctor say if there was a game on sunday he would tell PM to play?

alot of contradictions going on

Yeah, I'm pretty much ignoring anything that comes out unless it comes directly from Irsay or Manning until this mess is resolved (which can't happen soon enough)

Im in the same boat Jaric.

Just too much media speculation (positive and negative) going around to know what holds any weight.

every reporter is trying to get the breaking news... but what lombardi said is interesting to me, if that is actually true then there's no way peyton will actually be healthy come march.... and if it is true then why would PM's doctor say if there was a game on sunday he would tell PM to play?

So many people are going to be SO WRONG on this either way...

and if it is true then why would PM's doctor say if there was a game on sunday he would tell PM to play?

The doctor is only speaking in terms of the structural stability of the neck and the ability to take a hit. From my understanding, the doctor cant really evaluate the nerve regeneration. Its something that will show up in his arm strength.

But I agree there is alot going back and forth.

To those still doubting the media and believe that Manning will be in Indy next year, looking directly at you JTcardscolts, do you still question a report that gets that specific?

The problem is.....'J' what isnt said...

Did he see this....No one reporting actually says they have

..Is he improving or has his progress flat-lined.......no one (except Peyton) says it has or hasn't?

I just cant tell

“He can’t throw the ball,” Lombardi told Simmons, as transcribed by Business Insider. “I’ve talked to people who’ve caught the ball for him. He can’t throw the ball to his left. He can’t throw the ball across his body, because he doesn’t feel it. People that catch the ball for him say he doesn’t really have velocity on the ball yet.”

Note to Kravitz: ^^This^^

Not 'noodle arm.'

To those still doubting the media and believe that Manning will be in Indy next year, looking directly at you JTcardscolts, do you still question a report that gets that specific?

At the moment its just a rumor to me. I can wait for the truth to come from the horses mouth and I'll accept it.

What? That he "talked to people" catching from him? I'm glad that's all the proof anyone needs...

I spoke to someone who says he met a guy who worked at a Roulette table, and odds are, red is the way to go 50% of the time. I'm all in!

What? That he "talked to people" catching from him? I'm glad that's all the proof anyone needs...

I spoke to someone who says he met a guy who worked at a Roulette table, and odds are, red is the way to go 50% of the time. I'm all in!

What are you talking about? Thats about as close as you can get aside from talking to Manning himself. Talking to the guys he is throwing to.

Didn't Joe at the end of the season say Manning had "Zip?"

This just in, Peyton misses a slant route in practice. This just in, Peyton threw to Austin Collie today instead of Reggie Wayne for a change. This just in, Peyton was in the weight room. This just in, Peyton overslept.

I can't wait until the decision is made. The reiteration and nit-picking is getting ridiculous.

You are smarter than that.

Come on man - he spoke with someone who discussed velocity, an inability to throw a certain direction, and can't throw across his body. That is way too much specifics for there not to be some fire creating this smoke.

You are smarter than that.

Come on man - he spoke with someone who discussed velocity, an inability to throw a certain direction, and can't throw across his body. That is way too much specifics for there not to be some fire creating this smoke.

plus......if Manning was getting close to being 100% he would be shouting from the rooftops and probably releasing video of it. It is the number one thing holding up the Colts from picking up that 28 mil bonus(and the elephant in the room) yet Manning remains secretive about just where is arm is at.

I can only imagine how incredibly frustrated Manning must be. Never been hurt, best on the planet, then one day you can't feel your dang arm or throw the ball very well and you keep trying, keep trying, keep trying and nothing's happening. All the while your paycheck hangs in the balance. Yikes!

plus......if Manning was getting close to being 100% he would be shouting from the rooftops and probably releasing video of it. It is the number one thing holding up the Colts from picking up that 28 mil bonus(and the elephant in the room) yet Manning remains secretive about just where is arm is at.

Agreed. I would kill for a new video of Manning proving everybody wrong.

I agree with part of this but not the highlighted. I honestly believe in these bizarre circumstances that have presented themselves to the Colts, they are starting their future right now with everything new - GM, Coach & QB. And the sooner they can get started on that future, the better. Hello Mr. Luck.

I agree with part of this but not the highlighted. I honestly believe in these bizarre circumstances that have presented themselves to the Colts, they are starting their future right now with everything new - GM, Coach & QB. And the sooner they can get started on that future, the better. Hello Mr. Luck.

I tend to agree, it's conventional wisdom, common sense.

My last bastion of hope, however, is the fact that Irsay is quirky and more prone than most to not go with conventional wisdom. It's a thread, but I'm hangin' to it!

That guy lied to you. The function of the 0 and 00 is so that red/black doesn't end up a 50/50 wager over time.

I still say if they knew Peyton would be 100% the old Peyton that they would delay their future QB and ride it out with Manning for another 4-5 years. Of coarse there is no way of knowing that and probably won't be for quite some time so they will draft Luck and do the only smart thing they can do with an uncertain Manning future.

I can only imagine how incredibly frustrated Manning must be. Never been hurt, best on the planet, then one day you can't feel your dang arm or throw the ball very well and you keep trying, keep trying, keep trying and nothing's happening. All the while your paycheck hangs in the balance. Yikes!

I feel for Manning as well and I can see why he's grasping at any positive straw out there right now. The whole uncertainty has got to be frustrating. I think he can't fathom his career coming to an end in this fashion. I don't want to write him off just yet but I thought this Rush lyric applies:

sadder still to watch it die.........than never to have known it..........for you the blind who once could see........the bell tolls for thee.

I still say if they knew Peyton would be 100% the old Peyton that they would delay their future QB and ride it out with Manning for another 4-5 years. Of coarse there is no way of knowing that and probably won't be for quite some time so they will draft Luck and do the only smart thing they can do with an uncertain Manning future.

A QB would be drafted this year regardless....maybe not with the #1 overall pick, but one would be taken in the first few rounds. According to Polian, they almost took Dalton and Yates last year. I assume this means if they would have fallen to the second and fourth round picks.

I have no idea what to believe about PM anymore. One source says his sources tell him that his arm is a noodle, and other sources say he is progressing well and looking good. Guess it's all about riding it out at this point until Irsay or PM say something concrete.

im standing by what i said when the doctors supposebly said last week he could play if the colts were in the superbowl...I think someone paid the doctor off to say it so Irsay will pick his 28 million dollar option up not realizing Irsay will make sure he is able to throw before he does it.

2 guesses on who it is.....

Archie Manning - so PM dont get pushed aside for Andrew Luck and keeps his starting job

PM Agent - because he probably has a feeling the only way PM will get paid alot is by having his 28 million dollar option picked up and stays on the colts, as the rest of the NFL will want to sign him to a friendly contract to make sure he is healthy enough to play. he dont make that big pay day thats less of a pay day for his agent lol .

Bill Polian confirmed tonight on PTI...on Dec.30, Peyton was throwing well to the right, to the left, across his body with a tight spiral, good accuracy and velocity. He said that Peyton was not yet throwing 50 yarders, maybe not 45, but everything he threw was showing marked improvement since September.

This is a media frenzy led by none other than Bob Krapitz...waiting & watching for the king to fall. This * gets quoted as "an expert on the subject reports that Peyton Manning has a noodle arm" (seriously, that was posted on Yahoo Sports). Why is Peyton so threatening to the sports media, but the aloof Brady can do no wrong...? Can you imagine the lashing Peyton would have taken if Ashley had been caught on tape in a "Giselle moment"???

Bill Polian confirmed tonight on PTI...on Dec.30, Peyton was throwing well to the right, to the left, across his body with a tight spiral, good accuracy and velocity. He said that Peyton was not yet throwing 50 yarders, maybe not 45, but everything he threw was showing marked improvement since September.

This is a media frenzy led by none other than Bob Krapitz...waiting & watching for the king to fall. This * gets quoted as "an expert on the subject reports that Peyton Manning has a noodle arm" (seriously, that was posted on Yahoo Sports). Why is Peyton so threatening to the sports media, but the aloof Brady can do no wrong...? Can you imagine the lashing Peyton would have taken if Ashley had been caught on tape in a "Giselle moment"???

Is there any sort of link for the Polian quote? thanks.

Polian said it capped at 25 yards. Where do you get the maybe not 45 or 50?