Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could change one NFL rule, what would it be?

RockThatBlue

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I would make penalties review able.

I've been wanting this for years.  I hate it when they show a replay on TV and the announcers point out to the audience how the refs got the call wrong...  So frustrating.

They review almost everything else.  They can't have someone in the replay booth call down to the refs that they were mistaken?

On 5/23/2017 at 7:32 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Defensive backs already take those penalties now if they feel a TD is eminent.

The problem I have is there is no way to tell if the receiver is going to make the catch in the first place. To penalize a defensive player on a huge play without being certain the catch would have been made is not right IMO. I highly doubt we would ever see any changes in this area just for the fact the NFL wants to keep scoring up.

But the point is, the WR CANT catch the ball if there is pass interference. If that rule gets changed you will see CBs mugging the WR any given play. 

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

But the point is, the WR CANT catch the ball if there is pass interference. If that rule gets changed you will see CBs mugging the WR any given play. 

Do you remember that play like two years ago where Chip Kellys' defense was on the field with like 10 secs left in the 1st half and the other team was in FG range, but had time to run two plays and take a shot at the endzone?  

The Eagles DBs literally tackled all the receivers at the line of scrimmage, taking the penalty, but killing like 6 secs, so the other team had no choice but to kick the FG before halftime.

I could see a lot more of that in certain situations.  It was a smart move by Kelly, but Boo to that.

Boo, I say.

57 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

WE have already witnessed that happening in a few games. :scratch:  :D

I would like to see a rule against the long hair trend.        Although tackling by the hair is legal, I've seen more and more of it being flagged as a hoarse collar.   It's also very unsafe to be tackled by the hair.   Maybe moreso than horse collars.  

On May 23, 2017 at 8:21 AM, crazycolt1 said:

The average salary for a NFL referee is $180,000. a year that is going up to $200,000 in 2018. Not bad for a part time job.

Where do I sign up?

The real question is do stripes look slimming on you CC1 or do they simply add 20 pounds? haha

Do you wanna go back to amateur refs again with egregious calls on the field again during that GB/Seattle game again regarding possession because I sure don't. Look, I get it. Any zebra regardless of NFL experience can make a bad call. It just bothers me that NFL owners are too cheap to pay for full time refs in an industry worth multi-billions annually. They can afford it & they won't even feel it financially short term or long term. The league will spend money on games overseas. They'll even mull over headquartering a team say in London, but they're too darn cheap to give officials a full time wage. Really? The Commission talks about the integrity of the game 24/7 & yet permanent referees is out of the question. That is absurd to me. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, Myles said:

I have 2.

I would make a rule that any player that has been with a team for 10+ years will not have their salary count against the salary cap.  

I would make penalties review able.   I wouldn't increase the amount of challenges though, so it wouldn't really extend games.  

The one about 10 year vets is very interesting.......I think the NFLPA would go for  it, too

I would call face mask penalties on runners and wide receivers who stiff arm defenders in the face.

If its dangerous for defenders to do it..its just as dangerous for offensive players to do it

id make every play including penalties review able, same number of challenges per game.  that might mean challenges are mostly used on penalties but i think would be fine.

i would be in favor of the 10 year on a team rule

On 5/25/2017 at 11:05 PM, southwest1 said:

The real question is do stripes look slimming on you CC1 or do they simply add 20 pounds? haha

Do you wanna go back to amateur refs again with egregious calls on the field again during that GB/Seattle game again regarding possession because I sure don't. Look, I get it. Any zebra regardless of NFL experience can make a bad call. It just bothers me that NFL owners are too cheap to pay for full time refs in an industry worth multi-billions annually. They can afford it & they won't even feel it financially short term or long term. The league will spend money on games overseas. They'll even mull over headquartering a team say in London, but they're too darn cheap to give officials a full time wage. Really? The Commission talks about the integrity of the game 24/7 & yet permanent referees is out of the question. That is absurd to me. 

Well, I would like to throw my hat in the ring.  I think the stripes would be very slimming on my embarrassing frame, but the bottom line (bottom, haha) is that I will uphold the integrity of the game.

I'm just kidding, I can't be trusted with that kind of responsibility.  Plus, I would just embarrass the uniform.  Also, I'm going to add 20 lbs. to the image, no matter what angle they film me from...  :facepalm:

Wait, am I supposed to know ALL the rules?  Cuz I don't.  So...

:dunno:  :troll: