Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Surprise And Fallout Teams For 2012

CR91

surprise

1. dolphins- this team is a qb away from being contenders in the afc. this have the offense in bush and marshall and they have a pretty good defense. the HC of the fins now comes from green bay and i would be shocked if flynn doesnt come with him. 6th seed

2. jags- i think gabbert can be a very good qb, but they need to get him some wrs. i would not be surprised to see the jags trade with the rams to get justin blackmon and getting him i think will propel this offense to a team that does a have a good defense. no playoffs, but they will be competitive.

3. eagles- im picking the eagles to win the east even with the giants. there is still a lot of talent on that team and i think the lack of an offseason along with the hype of being a dream team is what caused them to crash and burn. being together and learning to play as a team will make this team dangerous come 2012

fallout

1. bengals- they have some young talent, but this has been the same bengals. be good one year and suck the next. im not getting my hopes up on the bengals making a return trip to the playoffs

2. broncos- i cant see that offense working again this year and unless that team adopts their offense, there will be no tebow magic next year.

3. 49ers- now there is a lot of talent on this team, but the question i have is can smith continue to be an asset for this team or will he go back to being a liability. the defense and the running game is there, but to get to the top of the mountain they need smith to be more then a game manager.

Surprise

St Louis Rams -- New Coaching staff, QB is getting his tackles back, the D is young and getting better

Dolphins -- O-line will get improvements and defense is already very good. They found a keeper in Bush and their team has a new coach.

Panthers -- I think they'll make the playoffs. D is getting Beason back and they'll draft some guys.

Fallout

Eagles -- For their expectations, they'll be a fallout. Gonna lose some key players, and the have no leadership.

Broncos -- Tebow Time is gonna die. An ever improving division, means Tebow doesn't make the playoffs, plus their Defensive stars are Old... Dawkins, Bailey, Goodman.

Patriots -- Yeah, your darn right I said it... The Pats will be a fallout team. Their O-line is getting old, and with no O-line, Brady is human. Their receivers are getting old, and their D stars are getting old, Carter is old, and Wilfork is getting there. D is still too young to become a great D. Offense is bound to go down. Jets and Dolphins give Pats a great run for their money.

Patriots -- Yeah, your darn right I said it... The Pats will be a fallout team. Their O-line is getting old, and with no O-line, Brady is human. Their receivers are getting old, and their D stars are getting old, Carter is old, and Wilfork is getting there. D is still too young to become a great D. Offense is bound to go down. Jets and Dolphins give Pats a great run for their money.

haha. here come the pat fans

@andy246

Are you crazy man lol.. Pats Oline is young.. Volmer,Solder,Mankins, and Cannon. Two of those were ROOKIES this yr and Volmer was a 2nd yr player. On line is NOT old. Receivers, that usually includes TE and both Gronk and Hernandez are really young, and Welker is 31. (But supposedly Lloyd is coming here as well to help.), lol Jets -- 3rd place finish in the AFCE next yr they are crumbling big time. Phins -- depends on their QB and their D isnt that good.

Surprise teams:

Rams

Bears

Chiefs

Bills

Fall out:

Cincy

Denver

New Orleans

@andy246

Are you crazy man lol.. Pats Oline is young.. Volmer,Solder,Mankins, and Cannon. Two of those were ROOKIES this yr and Volmer was a 2nd yr player. On line is NOT old. Receivers, that usually includes TE and both Gronk and Hernandez are really young, and Welker is 31. (But supposedly Lloyd is coming here as well to help.), lol Jets -- 3rd place finish in the AFCE next yr they are crumbling big time. Phins -- depends on their QB and their D isnt that good.

Ahh yes so young that Matt Light, Dan Connolly, Brian Waters, and Logan Mankins (all starters) are going to be an average of 32 years old next year. Mankins and Vollmer are getting older, and if you're a tackle, age takes a toll on you the hardest. It's why you never see 35yo+ lineman. Solder is great, but Cannon isn't that good. I think we're going to see this Pats O-line get torched next year.

THis is my thinking... the Pats will either go 9-7, or 15-1. They may rebound or slide, and I think they slide as they have a very old offense. Their receivers are old, and the only youth on the offense is the two-headed TE monster. I have a guy feeling about this one.

Ahh yes so young that Matt Light, Dan Connolly, Brian Waters, and Logan Mankins (all starters) are going to be an average of 32 years old next year. Mankins and Vollmer are getting older, and if you're a tackle, age takes a toll on you the hardest. It's why you never see 35yo+ lineman. Solder is great, but Cannon isn't that good. I think we're going to see this Pats O-line get torched next year.

THis is my thinking... the Pats will either go 9-7, or 15-1. They may rebound or slide, and I think they slide as they have a very old offense. Their receivers are old, and the only youth on the offense is the two-headed TE monster. I have a guy feeling about this one.

We are all getting older at oline? Volmer and Mankins are not old. They are both under 30, dan Connelly is 28,(but they may draft a better center), and like I said had 2 starting Lineman in Solder and later Cannon who were rookies. That average is skewed by Light. As for the WR, umm Welker isnt old and just had a record setting year, and like I said supposedly Floyd coming here who is in his 20's. (people forget this FA class heavy in WR.) Could the Pats slide of course, I just doubt it happens.

We are all getting older at oline? Volmer and Mankins are not old. They are both under 30, dan Connelly is 28,(but they may draft a better center), and like I said had 2 starting Lineman in Solder and later Cannon who were rookies. That average is skewed by Light. As for the WR, umm Welker isnt old and just had a record setting year, and like I said supposedly Floyd coming here who is in his 20's. (people forget this FA class heavy in WR.) Could the Pats slide of course, I just doubt it happens.

Sorry, Dan Koppen was the one I meant. Just saying, Branch is old, Ocho is old and useless, and Edelman is nothing special. They have no where to go, but down, and I think they slide. Marcus Cannon is nothing special. I expect to see teams beat this O-line consistently.

Sorry, Dan Koppen was the one I meant. Just saying, Branch is old, Ocho is old and useless, and Edelman is nothing special. They have no where to go, but down, and I think they slide. Marcus Cannon is nothing special. I expect to see teams beat this O-line consistently.

Agree on Branch, and Ocho beyond useless. Edelman does so many diff things he is good to have on the team, but not great at any one of them. Marcus Cannon IMO to early judge as he was recovering from Cancer early in the year and we will see how he does next year. (We have a GREAT O line coach.) And FYI Koppen was out since I think week 2.'

Thinking about Olines, if the Giants don't improve theirs Eli going have a short career. Only so many bone crunching hits your body can take. And I will say this the Giants FAIL make the playoffs next year with that O line.

Surprise:

Rams- With Fisher and the staff he put together I believe they will be a contender with the 49ers.

Dolphins-With the new coach coming from GB and most likely a new QB they are only one receiver and some good DBs away from being a contender.

Carolina- With a full off season I think Cam will learn not to force so many throws.

*Colts- IF Manning is still on the team and they pick up some players to improve the D, the Colts will be back on top of the AFC South.

Fallout:

Green Bay- I know, they were really good this year, but they now have two contenders in their division. They will have to beat the Bears and the Lions to even get the division title again.

Denver- Tebow time is over. They will have some good contenders to put up with. San Diego and Oakland will give them a run for their money and if I were them I wouldn't forget about the Chiefs.

New England- Only three words needed. Super Bowl Hangover.

**Pittsburgh- IF they have injuries like this past year then I think Cincy and Baltimore will be too big of challenges for the Steelers to put up with.

* The Colts have a new Coaching staff and the QB position is still in question. If they get that resolved then I believe they will win the AFC South and be dominate again.

**The Steelers defense is old and injury prone. Big Ben seems to be getting injured a lot lately. They need to get some younger talent on D and get a better O-Line and they will be good to go against Cincy and B-More.

Some interesting theories here, but without FA and the draft yet, I cannot understand the point of forecasting quite yet.

True, but it's fun, and I think it's fun to just make picks based on the knowledge we do know. Rams have shown no sign of what they are gonna do with the no. 2 pick, but that's not stopping everyone and their mother from making their predictions. lol