Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Says: No One Can Replace Peyton Manning

oldunclemark

I agree. It's pretty clear Luck likes Peyton Manning a lot and has a great respect for him.

Worth noting Andrew Luck was just on channel 8 and said anyone wants to start and play. He then went on to say if that doesn't work out you have to take advantage of the situations around you and learn so you when you have a chance to play you are ready.

Channel 8 also said they spoke to several people who knew him and said he is the ultimate team player. They also played a sound bite where he is already talking about wanting to help out in the community where ever he goes.

The more I hear about this kid the more 1 he reminds me of Peyton coming out of college and 2, the more I love him. Make no mistake I still want Peyton Manning as our QB. If that can't happen though Andrew Luck seems like the right guy for the job.

He also does not sound like someone who is going to try to force a trade. He sounds like someone who is going to accept going whereever he is drafted.

I agree. It's pretty clear Luck likes Peyton Manning a lot and has a great respect for him.

Worth noting Andrew Luck was just on channel 8 and said anyone wants to start and play. He then went on to say if that doesn't work out you have to take advantage of the situations around you and learn so you when you have a chance to play you are ready.

Channel 8 also said they spoke to several people who knew him and said he is the ultimate team player. They also played a sound bite where he is already talking about wanting to help out in the community where ever he goes.

The more I hear about this kid the more 1 he reminds me of Peyton coming out of college and 2, the more I love him. Make no mistake I still want Peyton Manning as our QB. If that can't happen though Andrew Luck seems like the right guy for the job.

He also does not sound like someone who is going to try to force a trade. He sounds like someone who is going to accept going whereever he is drafted.

Agree.

I now want us to take Luck, and not trade the pick.

If PM is healthy (nerve regeneration), then I'm fine with PM starting and Luck learning.

The PM decision is going to be a tough judgement call. It'd be nice if they can renegotiate this thing to the satisfaction of both parties, and let training camp answer all the questions.......in everyone's mind.

Agree.

I now want us to take Luck, and not trade the pick.

If PM is healthy (nerve regeneration), then I'm fine with PM starting and Luck learning.

The PM decision is going to be a tough judgement call. It'd be nice if they can renegotiate this thing to the satisfaction of both parties, and let training camp answer all the questions.......in everyone's mind.

It seems more and more people are doing this. It's great to see - I know a lot of us, myself included, have wanted it for a long time. Great to see more people coming round, I really do think that way would be the best thing for the future of this Franchise.

Um no. You are reading way too much into it. He simply is stating never is a strong word because every player taken that high DOES have leway and he is simply acknowledging that he too has this limited but avaliable power.

Um Yes, to the contrary my friend. The article states: But when I added the caveat of whether or not that meant he would never try to affect the outcome of which team he went to in the draft, Luck added: "Never is a strong word. But I haven't thought about that. There's a ways until something like that arose. I guess it would be.... I don't know. I guess I haven't really thought about it.'' He has enough power to control his own destiny. If Peyton is coming back, the guy might not simply want to sit for years, hence he controls his outcome and I don't blame him. The SI article doesn't state at all what you stated. If he throws a fit (which I don't see him doing anyways) trade options are available. The fact of the matter is yes, he does have power.

Um Yes, to the contrary my friend. The article states: But when I added the caveat of whether or not that meant he would never try to affect the outcome of which team he went to in the draft, Luck added: "Never is a strong word. But I haven't thought about that. There's a ways until something like that arose. I guess it would be.... I don't know. I guess I haven't really thought about it.'' He has enough power to control his own destiny. If Peyton is coming back, the guy might not simply want to sit for years, hence he controls his outcome and I don't blame him. The SI article doesn't state at all what you stated. If he throws a fit (which I don't see him doing anyways) trade options are available. The fact of the matter is yes, he does have power.

The possibility of being on the same roster as Manning: "One, Peyton is the best, arguably the best. As a kid growing up, he was my football hero. If the opportunity was such that I had a chance to play with him and learn with Peyton, I totally embrace that."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120203/SPORTS03/202030360/-b-Good-Luck-b-Stanford-QB-would-embrace-chance-play-Colts-Peyton-Manning

The possibility of being on the same roster as Manning: "One, Peyton is the best, arguably the best. As a kid growing up, he was my football hero. If the opportunity was such that I had a chance to play with him and learn with Peyton, I totally embrace that."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120203/SPORTS03/202030360/-b-Good-Luck-b-Stanford-QB-would-embrace-chance-play-Colts-Peyton-Manning

That's good, I really hope the guy doesn't throw a tantrum. Still lots of time left.