Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Fitzpatrick

oldunclemark

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

...contract voided by the Jets on Friday...I believe he's now an unrestricted free agent

he was so awesome in 2016 (I believe he led the NFL in interceptions) that no one speaks of him as potentially their 'answer'

But some body like the Raiders or Denver don't even want him as a backup?

He was worst this past season than Tolzien was in one start not an upgrade at the backup position.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

was he as bad as Brock...?  was he really???

Stats don't say everything, but he threw 1 more int and 3 less touchdowns than Brock. Oswildo also threw 200 more yards (2957) and had a higher passer rating (72.2 vs 69.6). Fitzpatrick had a pretty rough year. 

3 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Stats don't say everything, but he threw 1 more int and 3 less touchdowns than Brock. Oswildo also threw 200 more yards (2957) and had a higher passer rating (72.2 vs 69.6). Fitzpatrick had a pretty rough year. 

Its close..but Brock had a better team around him..Fitz lost Eric Decker early and Brandon Marshall is Brandon Marshall..

..and Fitzpatrick has had a career.......he was 10-6 with the jets in 2015.

If you had to choose between Fitzpatrick and Osweiler....I think we'd have to go with Fitz

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Its close..but Brock had a better team around him..Fitz lost Eric Decker early and Brandon Marshall is Brandon Marshall..

..and Fitzpatrick has had a career.......he was 10-6 with the jets in 2015.

If you had to choose between Fitzpatrick and Osweiler....I think we'd have to go with Fitz

If those are your options,  you have big problems.  Osweiler is young,  He could get better I guess

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

If he would consider that, I think the Colts might.....

At this point, his value as a starter has eroded. But to stick it to the Jets, if NE trades away Jimmy G for at least a 2nd rounder, I am certain they'd pursue him for the backup role.