Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Mention Of Reggie Wayne

mrati2d

That's not really suprising. Given his likely contract expectations and his age I'd be more shocked if they announced he was a priority.

And I love Reggie Wayne, so please don't take this as me going after him. It just is what it is.

Wayne is getting up there in age... these days you need guys who can get separation... wayne is losing that ability not to mention he seems set on leaving.

I dont think hes loosing ability as much as people say. He nearly had 1000 yds with a Painter/Dan O combination, granted Dan O was better than Painter. Wayne played hard every down. As much as I would like Wayne back realisticaly i dont see it. Now this is what i will say. If Peyton Manning is retained, I believe the chances of Wayne returning are much higher than if he doesnt.

I dont think hes loosing ability as much as people say. He nearly had 1000 yds with a Painter/Dan O combination, granted Dan O was better than Painter. Wayne played hard every down. As much as I would like Wayne back realisticaly i dont see it. Now this is what i will say. If Peyton Manning is retained, I believe the chances of Wayne returning are much higher than if he doesnt.

It's not so much next year that is the issue, but how will he be 3 years from now? If you sign him to a huge contract (which it "appears" he is looking for) and age rears it's ugly head then you're stuck with the bill.

It's not so much next year that is the issue, but how will he be 3 years from now? If you sign him to a huge contract (which it "appears" he is looking for) and age rears it's ugly head then you're stuck with the bill.

Yea Its sad but i dont think he will be back, I would like the Colts to replace the loss of Wayne with Desean Jackson. I think Garcon has improved but i dont think hes a number 1 WR yet. Bringing in some proven help would be needed.

Yea Its sad but i dont think he will be back, I would like the Colts to replace the loss of Wayne with Desean Jackson. I think Garcon has improved but i dont think hes a number 1 WR yet. Bringing in some proven help would be needed.

I have to be honest, Jackson scares me.

He's obviously a talented reciever. I'm not sold on if he has his mind right or not. If the colts feel he does, I'd be more than ok with it. I just don't want to introduce problems into the locker room if we can help it.

He's not as quick as he use to be.. not that he was ever a speedster, he was always known for his route running and dependability but now at his age that wont be enough... there were alot of occasions where the colts QB's were sack because the WR's couldnt get open... if anything wayne knows if peyton is retained he will be gone for sure because they will not have money to pay him or give him a new contract because they have so many other people to look at...

His best chances are if peyton is gone and even then his chances arent good because after the QB the next big focus for the colts is defense.

I have to be honest, Jackson scares me.

He's obviously a talented reciever. I'm not sold on if he has his mind right or not. If the colts feel he does, I'd be more than ok with it. I just don't want to introduce problems into the locker room if we can help it.

I get that.

Jackson is a guy I want as little pressure on as possible, and in ideal circumstances. He is extremely talented, and there are teams out there that I think would benefit tremendously with him on it *coughtexanscough* but this isn't the team. Not in the position we are in now.

Jackson? Ewww, he's too much of a diva & problem! Him & Garcon are both down field WR. We can't pass deep the whole game. If Reggie leaves, ill get 1 of the Saints WR. Marcus Colston would be my 1st option. If we can't get him, ill take Robert Meachem (very underrated)

As far as Wayne, he could be a great slot receiver going forward, but another poster was right....he gets zero separation as a wide out. However, if we end up losing Peyton, Clark, Bracket, and company, we will need a veteran presence in the locker room and he has shown that he can be that.

This is what I am worried about especially if we are going with Luck as our WR. I love Garcon and his physical play, but the guy is very inconsistent and one good season will not change the fact that his career has been marred with inconsistent play. I do not know if you really want an inconsistent WR like Garcon being your number one target for a rookie WR.

Also, how many guys have we seen in the NFL have a big year in their contract year, get paid, and then fall back down to ear the next year.

I understand why they are looking at him over Wayne becuase of age and probable asking price, but I would be leary before dropping big bucks on Garcon.

If Wayne was just a few years younger this would be a no brainer and you would be re-signing Wayne as soon as possible.

He's not as quick as he use to be.. not that he was ever a speedster, he was always known for his route running and dependability but now at his age that wont be enough... there were alot of occasions where the colts QB's were sack because the WR's couldnt get open... if anything wayne knows if peyton is retained he will be gone for sure because they will not have money to pay him or give him a new contract because they have so many other people to look at...

His best chances are if peyton is gone and even then his chances arent good because after the QB the next big focus for the colts is defense.

IMO it would be like the Addai situation last year how Peyton went to management and said we need this guy resigned him and took less money and so forth. I believe in this instance something would be worked out Wayne might take a tad bit less money if Peyton were to come back just a hunch....ahhh who am i kidding :spit:

Top 5 WR Salaries.

Fitz-$21.5

Calvin-$12.6

Marshall- $10.6

Smith-$8.5

Austin-$8.5

The New CBA says you take the top averages for the last 5 years, as opposed to the last year which is what it used to be. But Im not going back that far. This years avg. would be $12.3......Wayyyyyyy to much for ole Reggie. BTW he made $8.03 last year.

This is what I am worried about especially if we are going with Luck as our WR. I love Garcon and his physical play, but the guy is very inconsistent and one good season will not change the fact that his career has been marred with inconsistent play. I do not know if you really want an inconsistent WR like Garcon being your number one target for a rookie WR.

Also, how many guys have we seen in the NFL have a big year in their contract year, get paid, and then fall back down to ear the next year.

I understand why they are looking at him over Wayne becuase of age and probable asking price, but I would be leary before dropping big bucks on Garcon.

If Wayne was just a few years younger this would be a no brainer and you would be re-signing Wayne as soon as possible.

I share these same concerns. I need to look and see what FA WR's besides D. Jackson are available

IMO it would be like the Addai situation last year how Peyton went to management and said we need this guy resigned him and took less money and so forth. I believe in this instance something would be worked out Wayne might take a tad bit less money if Peyton were to come back just a hunch....ahhh who am i kidding :spit:

Yea i doubt that one would happen, i know CP said that wayne was a priority to sign but now that he isnt here who knows.

I share these same concerns. I need to look and see what FA WR's besides D. Jackson are available

Early Doucet – ARI

Harry Douglas – ATL

Eric Weems – ATL

Brandon Jones – BAL

Roscoe Parrish – BUF

Steve Johnson – BUF

Wallace Wright – CAR

Legedu Naanee – CAR

Earl Bennett – CHI

Roy Williams – CHI

Andre Caldwell – CIN

Jerome Simpson – CIN

Demetrius Williams – CLE

Kevin Ogletree – DAL ®

Laurent Robinson – DAL

Eddie Royal – DEN

Matt Willis – DEN ®

Bryant Johnson – DET

Rashied Davis – DET

Derrick Williams – DET ®

Stefan Logan – DET ®

David Anderson - HOU

Anthony Gonzalez – IND

Reggie Wayne – IND

Pierre Garcon – IND

Tiquan Underwood – JAC ®

Mike Sims-Walker – JAC

Jerheme Urban – KC

Dwayne Bowe - KC

Greg Camarillo – MIN

Juaquin Iglesias – MIN

Devin Aromashodu – MIN

Bernard Berrian – MIN

Deion Branch - NE

Wes Welker – NE

Matt Slater – NE

Marques Colston - NO

Robert Meachem – NO

Devin Thomas – NYG

Domenik Hixon – NYG

Mario Manningham - NYG

Patrick Turner – NYJ ®

Plaxico Burress – NYJ

Chaz Schilens – OAK

Derek Hagan – OAK

DeSean Jackson – PHI

Limas Sweed – PIT

Jerricho Cotchery – PIT

Mike Wallace – PIT ®

Patrick Crayton – SD

Craig Davis – SD

Vincent Jackson – SD

Isaiah Stanback – SEA

Ted Ginn Jr – SF

Braylon Edwards – SF

Josh Morgan – SF

Dominique Zeigler – SF

Donnie Avery – STL

Danny Amendola – STL ®

Brandon Lloyd – STL

Micheal Spurlock – TB

Justin Gage – TEN

Kevin Curtis – TEN

Donnie Avery – TEN

Lavelle Hawkins – TEN

Malcolm Kelly – WAS

Roydell Williams – WAS

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfltr-features/2011022012-nfl-free-agents/

Sorry it's so long.

Early Doucet – ARI

Harry Douglas – ATL

Eric Weems – ATL

Brandon Jones – BAL

Roscoe Parrish – BUF

Steve Johnson – BUF

Wallace Wright – CAR

Legedu Naanee – CAR

Earl Bennett – CHI

Roy Williams – CHI

Andre Caldwell – CIN

Jerome Simpson – CIN

Demetrius Williams – CLE

Kevin Ogletree – DAL ®

Laurent Robinson – DAL

Eddie Royal – DEN

Matt Willis – DEN ®

Bryant Johnson – DET

Rashied Davis – DET

Derrick Williams – DET ®

Stefan Logan – DET ®

David Anderson - HOU

Anthony Gonzalez – IND

Reggie Wayne – IND

Pierre Garcon – IND

Tiquan Underwood – JAC ®

Mike Sims-Walker – JAC

Jerheme Urban – KC

Dwayne Bowe - KC

Greg Camarillo – MIN

Juaquin Iglesias – MIN

Devin Aromashodu – MIN

Bernard Berrian – MIN

Deion Branch - NE

Wes Welker – NE

Matt Slater – NE

Marques Colston - NO

Robert Meachem – NO

Devin Thomas – NYG

Domenik Hixon – NYG

Mario Manningham - NYG

Patrick Turner – NYJ ®

Plaxico Burress – NYJ

Chaz Schilens – OAK

Derek Hagan – OAK

DeSean Jackson – PHI

Limas Sweed – PIT

Jerricho Cotchery – PIT

Mike Wallace – PIT ®

Patrick Crayton – SD

Craig Davis – SD

Vincent Jackson – SD

Isaiah Stanback – SEA

Ted Ginn Jr – SF

Braylon Edwards – SF

Josh Morgan – SF

Dominique Zeigler – SF

Donnie Avery – STL

Danny Amendola – STL ®

Brandon Lloyd – STL

Micheal Spurlock – TB

Justin Gage – TEN

Kevin Curtis – TEN

Donnie Avery – TEN

Lavelle Hawkins – TEN

Malcolm Kelly – WAS

Roydell Williams – WAS

http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/

Sorry it's so long.

Thanks I wouldnt mind Stevie Johnson either

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/reggie-wayne-open-to-staying-with-colts/

Reggie said this earlier.

“So I wouldn’t mind being part of a rebuilding process. They need some old heads, too, you know? It would be an honor to still be part of this organization even with a rebuilding phase. I know there are going to be some guys on the team that I still know, I know the head coach, Chuck Pagano, pretty good, I’d just look at it as my rookie year all over again.”

for some reason if reggie really wants to stay he will have to sign at what hes making now or cheaper. otherwise its bye bye. i think we keep manning and let wayne and garcon walk. keep mathis and sign some defense in FA along with drafting mannings heir and a beast of a WR which we have never really had all these years.

That is a list of good looking FA wr's on that list. Going to be some deflated ego's with the competition of contracts this offseason. Only the strong will get the big dollars and the rest will have to settle for whats normal. I am sticking with Garcon, have since his 2nd year and think his game has improved tremendously.

http://profootballta...ing-with-colts/

Reggie said this earlier.

“So I wouldn’t mind being part of a rebuilding process. They need some old heads, too, you know? It would be an honor to still be part of this organization even with a rebuilding phase. I know there are going to be some guys on the team that I still know, I know the head coach, Chuck Pagano, pretty good, I’d just look at it as my rookie year all over again.”

Hmmm, maybe I've misread the situation. I thought he wanted out.

If he's willing to sign a reasonable contract, I'm all for bringing him back. I was just under the impression he wanted to be paid like 28 year old Reggie Wayne.