Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

7 round mock draft colts

Watching the colts I see good things and bad . The good would be the O line finally looking like a line . The bad there's alot of bad defense is terrible beside TY I don't think luck has any weapons. That being said I think this whole draft should mostly  be focus on defense.  I wouldn't spend on high free agents I'd add one on defense .

Pick 1

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 203. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 

I just remember how great luck did with Bradshaw throwing him screens he can catch run which will keep defenses honest  he'll help luck tremendously

Pick 2

Tanoh Kpassagnon, 3-4DE, Villanova 
Height: 6-7. Weight: 290. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.72

He could be something special

Pick 2  (trade next year 2nd and 4th)

Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.78

Big body who can pass rush stop the run and great instinct

Pick 3

Kendell Beckwith*, ILB, LSU 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 252. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.75. 

Great in the box presence big strong fast and can tackle. Sheds blocks very well

Pick 4

Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 197. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.53. 

They guy knows how to get open broke record for receptions .

Pick 4

Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.73. 

Very well rounded TE

Pick 5

Josh Augusta, NT, Missouri 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 355. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.10

Big body in the middle can collapse  the pocket and stop the run .

Pick 6

Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 180. 

Sleeper

Pick 7

Evan Berry*, S, Tennessee 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 207. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.

Great punt returner

FA

Dontari poe

Stephen Gilmore

I'd like a WR to

1 hour ago, riftastic28 said:

Watching the colts I see good things and bad . The good would be the O line finally looking like a line . The bad there's alot of bad defense is terrible beside TY I don't think luck has any weapons. That being said I think this whole draft should mostly  be focus on defense.  I wouldn't spend on high free agents I'd add one on defense .

Pick 1

I just remember how great luck did with Bradshaw throwing him screens he can catch run which will keep defenses honest  he'll help luck tremendously

Pick 2

Pick 3

Great in the box presence big strong fast and can tackle. Sheds blocks very well

Pick 4

Pick 4

Very well rounded TE

Pick 5

Pick 6

Sleeper

Pick 7

Great punt returner

FA

Dontari poe

Stephen Gilmore

I'd like a WR to

There is no way we take a RB. Irsay will be putting high pressure on Grigson to improve the defense. Cook is good, and I like him a lot. But a lot of RB's turn into busts. We can't afford that. A pass rusher or defensive lineman could turn out as a bust as well, but we have to give it a try. Draft defense! 

19 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

There is no way we take a RB. Irsay will be putting high pressure on Grigson to improve the defense. Cook is good, and I like him a lot. But a lot of RB's turn into busts. We can't afford that. A pass rusher or defensive lineman could turn out as a bust as well, but we have to give it a try. Draft defense! 

True but let's say we get the 14th pick Allen garret and barnett will be gone .  I rather take the number 1 rb then the number 4 de  . Cook won't be a bust he's played great teams and shined in them . I get it if they go defense because the defense is that bad its horrible . But I think cook fits what we do . Another thing grigson and paGano should both be fired

11 minutes ago, riftastic28 said:

True but let's say we get the 14th pick Allen garret and barnett will be gone .  I rather take the number 1 rb then the number 4 de  . Cook won't be a bust he's played great teams and shined in them . I get it if they go defense because the defense is that bad its horrible . But I think cook fits what we do . Another thing grigson and paGano should both be fired

We have holes all over the D every position group. Foster ILB makes the D significantly better. 

Davis is 29 next season and going into the final year of his deal We don't have a CB2. Maybe a CB 

DL Anderson if he comes all the way back and Ridgeway if he continues to develop are our only starting quality DL they both have if's. McDowell might work for us

We need to help the D and Cook is not the #1 back most give that to that guy at LSU. Cook fits what most teams want to do on offense 

2 hours ago, riftastic28 said:

Pick 1

Pick 2

Pick 3

Pick 4

Pick 4

Very well rounded TE

Pick 5

Pick 6

Sleeper

Pick 7

Great punt returner

FA

Dontari poe

Stephen Gilmore

I'd like a WR to

I think we are set at TE but another playmaker at receiver I feel is needed the rest of the draft go defense and a RB.

Agreed but we need young legs behind that line . Cook is that wild card guy who you dont know if he's block running going out for a catch . he's a 3 down back . I think are line will be very good next year . the defense is a mess but to reach when there FA defensive player available .  doesn't make sense 

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

We have holes all over the D every position group. Foster ILB makes the D significantly better. 

Davis is 29 next season and going into the final year of his deal We don't have a CB2. Maybe a CB 

DL Anderson if he comes all the way back and Ridgeway if he continues to develop are our only starting quality DL they both have if's. McDowell might work for us

We need to help the D and Cook is not the #1 back most give that to that guy at LSU. Cook fits what most teams want to do on offense 

I disagree I think hes better the fournett. watch the Clemson game he crushed them . 

51 minutes ago, riftastic28 said:

I disagree I think hes better the fournett. watch the Clemson game he crushed them . 

You think he's better than Fourette? I think he could be for sure I like the kid a lot. I think he will go in the first round and should. I am saying if you go on best player at a position of need he isn't on the list of players we are picking from. This team has much bigger problems than RB. If you want to get more explosive sign Ellington from Az and go committee. The RB position is not important enough to spend a high pick on. 

We have holes much bigger OLB CB ILB and DL, There could be a strong arguement made that we only have 5/6 starting caliber players on the D under contract for next year. We have to get younger and faster on that side of the ball.

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

You think he's better than Fourette? I think he could be for sure I like the kid a lot. I think he will go in the first round and should. I am saying if you go on best player at a position of need he isn't on the list of players we are picking from. This team has much bigger problems than RB. If you want to get more explosive sign Ellington from Az and go committee. The RB position is not important enough to spend a high pick on. 

We have holes much bigger OLB CB ILB and DL, There could be a strong arguement made that we only have 5/6 starting caliber players on the D under contract for next year. We have to get younger and faster on that side of the ball.

Funny you mentioned Ellington cooks reminds me of a better Verison of him. where not going to build a dynasty in one draft but this draft I mocked would be a big step forward . I'm not even joking I think I'll take Alabama's defense over the colts defense . we need to get bigger faster stronger . teams know are defense stinks and there making luck do everything on his own which is overwhelming and easy to read a guy in the back field would make them think and respect the offense and stay honest

2 hours ago, riftastic28 said:

Funny you mentioned Ellington cooks reminds me of a better Verison of him. where not going to build a dynasty in one draft but this draft I mocked would be a big step forward . I'm not even joking I think I'll take Alabama's defense over the colts defense . we need to get bigger faster stronger . teams know are defense stinks and there making luck do everything on his own which is overwhelming and easy to read a guy in the back field would make them think and respect the offense and stay honest

You would take Bama's D over ours yet you spend 3 of the first picks on O. TE keep Doyle and we are good WR we are loaded with young talent on the PS. 

I think people are assuming Foster is Ragland. That's not the case if he's there when  we pick that'd be an easy choice for me. Cunningham isn't far behind. I would take either in the 1st and not look back. The D would be significantly better immediately.

I like Kpassaggon but not that early. I don't think he's top 50 guy not in this draft. I'm not a big fan of Anderson but that's about where he goes. Beckwith please not another thumper who can't cover or play in space. Augusta is a favorite of mine in the last half of the draft. The kid has day 2 talent if he controls the weight. He gets better pressure on the QB then stats suggest. 

I want more D than this draft gives us. 

12 hours ago, Track Guy said:

Not a fan of Ryan Anderson or Kendell Beckwith. Anderson doesn't bend the corner well enough to project as a sack threat at the next level imo. Beckwith is a limited in coverage and just tore his ACL the other day. 

Wow I didn't know he tore his acl 

On 12/25/2016 at 8:57 AM, riftastic28 said:

Pick 1

Pick 2

Pick 3

Pick 4

Pick 4

Very well rounded TE

Pick 5

Pick 6

Sleeper

Pick 7

Great punt returner

FA

Dontari poe

Stephen Gilmore

I'd like a WR to

The reason I'm opposed to this draft has nothing to do with the players we'd pick.

I simply do not want to trade a 2018 2nd and 4th.       We're going to need those picks.

We are NOT one good raft away from making a deep run in the playoffs.

We are 2, perhaps 3 drafts away from that.     So, we need to hold on to our picks.     And, if the opportunity strikes,   selectively trade back and acquire more picks.     We need all the quality picks we can get.

At first, I was against taking an offensive player in round 1 but if Cook is as good as some say he is (E James/M Faulk) then I am all for taking him in round 1. 

I wouldn't be a fan of trading a future second. Generally speaking, I prefer to see the Colts keep their future picks especially ones in early rounds.

From what I know/seen i'm not a huge fan of Beckwith as he doesn't seem to play fast. I also don't think they need to take a tight end.