Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The New England Patriots

bap1331

Why do I feel like the Patriots are very well beatable every year? I feel like the only reason why teams lose to the Patriots is because they are intimidated by them. They know their history and they let their mind get to them. I see that the game gets up to a point where opposing teams just give up on their plays like they dont have confidence in their team. You see maybe half the team putting an effort into the plays and others giving up on their routes. The Jets had a good chance to win the game today and i felt like the offense was playing like it was practice.

Nobody in this league plays 60 minutes except for the Patriots...and maybe the Broncos. The Seahawks give up the first half and start playing the second.

They look more vulnerable than ever imho. Gronk once again seems to be suffering from some kind of injury setbacks (Lung and now his back? What hasn't he injured?), Brady turning 40 in August, and even the Jets nearly beat them, and the pathetic 49'ers even held tough in the first half. They lost to the Seahawks, despite the Seahawks losing to Tampa Bay this week.

Usually, New England would be winning these games rather convincingly. They're still one of the best teams right now, but in terms of are they beatable? Yea, now more so than ever.

This game was close because Brady was at BEST 60%. If he is at say 80% they scorch the Jets with 40+ points.. thankfully the D came up with two huge turnovers a rare thing this year.

if the Pats are weak in any area it's that D. It's been scary in insistent to bad all year. 

Pats are the team to beat without Peyton in Denver I hate to say it. Peyton gave Denver a scary presence on Offense (even on his last legs) that teams had to think about with their Defense too. Chiefs are Good and so are the Raiders/Steelers but not on the Pats level. I would love to see us get into the Playoffs because with Andrew you never know, if it's Houston they will get smoked in the WildCard.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats are the team to beat without Peyton in Denver I hate to say it. Peyton gave Denver a scary presence on Offense (even on his last legs) that teams had to think about with their Defense too. Chiefs are Good and so are the Raiders/Steelers but not on the Pats level. I would love to see us get into the Playoffs because with Andrew you never know, if it's Houston they will get smoked in the WildCard.

if feel possibly that the raiders might have a chance, but the the nfc has a chance 

Kinda off topic a little but did Edelman not fumble on that last punt return? They flicked a way from it so fast and never went back to it thought it was strange. Also I've watched every pats game this season because my hate is almost as great as my love for the Colts and almost every single game I've watched their has been at least one penalty that was called against the pats that gets picked up for some reason which you never really see for any other tetam I find it a little strange almost like the refs are afraid of Belichick. While that's just my two cents # the pats

First off, I will start off by saying that I agree the Pats right now look like they are no better than a solid contender to win it this year along with a few other teams (versus an unstoppable powerhouse team that will roll everyone). I have a lot of concerns about their defense, and their kicker, after years of being one of the best in the game, is struggling...he missed another chip shot yesterday at the half. Those are things that kill you in the playoffs.

But as far as coming to conclusions based solely on yesterday's game, I will just say that the Jets always play them tough on the road. They had lost 2 of their last 3 in New York coming into this game, and the only win was a 17-16 squeaker in 2014 (when they won the Super Bowl). Division games are tough in this league no matter who you are. All in all, I was actually encouraged by yesterday's game (2nd half in particular). The D played well against the run and were more aggressive in general.

6 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

First off, I will start off by saying that I agree the Pats right now look like they are no better than a solid contender to win it this year along with a few other teams (versus an unstoppable powerhouse team that will roll everyone). I have a lot of concerns about their defense, and their kicker, after years of being one of the best in the game, is struggling...he missed another chip shot yesterday at the half. Those are things that kill you in the playoffs.

But as far as coming to conclusions based solely on yesterday's game, I will just say that the Jets always play them tough on the road. They had lost 2 of their last 3 in New York coming into this game, and the only win was a 17-16 squeaker in 2014 (when they won the Super Bowl). Division games are tough in this league no matter who you are. All in all, I was actually encouraged by yesterday's game (2nd half in particular). The D played well against the run and were more aggressive in general.

I don't think you have much to worry about, especially if you guys get HFA. They could lose in the SB though but then again Russell Wilson laid a fat egg at Tampa yesterday. Seattle couldn't of beat the Colts playing like that. The Cowboys are scary.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think you have much to worry about, especially if you guys get HFA. They could lose in the SB though but then again Russell Wilson laid a fat egg at Tampa yesterday. Seattle couldn't of beat the Colts playing like that. The Cowboys are scary.

There is no scary D this year in the NFL. Seems the playoffs going be a constant shootout, including the SB. (Heck Pats almost tied the Hawks after turning the ball over twice..)

4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

There is no scary D this year in the NFL. Seems the playoffs going be a constant shootout, including the SB. (Heck Pats almost tied the Hawks after turning the ball over twice..)

Cowboys vs Patriots shootout in the SB, lol :)

Cowboys vs Steelers rematch would be sweet though, it was probably the most entertaining game this year till the Broncos-Chiefs last night. Raiders have played a few heart attack games, hence their fans giving Carr the Carr-diac kid nickname (every time they have to come back in the 4th qtr., he just does it as in the 35-34 at Saints, 28-27 at Ravens, 30-24 at Bucs in OT, 2 4th qtr TDs vs Texans, 35-32 yesterday after Panthers went up 32-24). 

3 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I really don't think the Pats are dominant but they still look like the best team. They are beatable but if they get HFA in the AFC it will take a team playing perfectly to beat them.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they are healthy, they CAN win it all....I have no doubt about that, and i suppose all things considered that's not a bad place to be. As a fan, I don't enjoy watching this style of play though. It feels like they need to put up 30 to win against even a decent team. They can do it, but it sucks having to rely on that. That said, I think they are 3rd in points allowed this year, so what do I know? Stats are weird...this just doesn't feel like a good defense at all.

2 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

If they are healthy, they CAN win it all....I have no doubt about that, and i suppose all things considered that's not a bad place to be. As a fan, I don't enjoy watching this style of play though. It feels like they need to put up 30 to win against even a decent team. They can do it, but it sucks having to rely on that. That said, I think they are 3rd in points allowed this year, so what do I know? Stats are weird...this just doesn't feel like a good defense at all.

Because unlike so many other teams they bend and give up FG awhile it appears every other teams giving up TDs. And the D looks scary bad at times, others it has players making circus catches (that Jet WR yeaterday TWICE on Butler one for the TD) 

1 minute ago, Bad Morty said:

If I was betting man and someone wanted to give me the Pats and Cowboys to win it all and they would take the field I would do it. I looked like a genius last season by picking the Broncos to win it all from the beginning and now look a Jackbutt this season picking the Packers haha so you never know how it is going to go! Health is huge I agree and Gronk seems to be getting injured a lot. Brady isn't as efficient without him on the field.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Cowboys vs Patriots shootout in the SB, lol :)

Cowboys vs Steelers rematch would be sweet though, it was probably the most entertaining game this year till the Broncos-Chiefs last night. Raiders have played a few heart attack games, hence their fans giving Carr the Carr-diac kid nickname (every time they have to come back in the 4th qtr., he just does it as in the 35-34 at Saints, 28-27 at Ravens, 30-24 at Bucs in OT, 2 4th qtr TDs vs Texans, 35-32 yesterday after Panthers went up 32-24). 

That was a great game, I was partial to the Pats v Hawks game. How many games end ina goal line stand for the W, and it has happened twice in a row with these two teams! Lol

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Because unlike so many other teams they bend and give up FG awhile it appears every other teams giving up TDs. And the D looks scary bad at times, others it has players making circus catches (that Jet WR yeaterday TWICE on Butler one for the TD) 

But there IS a price to be paid for bend don't break, in that it keeps the offense off the field thanks to long drives by the other team.