Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+2) at Houston (11-27-16)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon (no sideline cutie) on CBS
  over-under 46

San Diego QB Phillip (Old Man) Rivers (229 of 369, 2,886 yards, 20 Tds, 11 INTs) has had 2 weeks off so RB Melvin Gordon (217 carries, 838 yards, 9 Tds_ will be rolling)
WR Tyrell Williams (43 catches, 720 yards, 4 Tds) has made a lot off relatively few catches.
San Diego has the No. 3 offense in the NFL...and 228 first downs (22.8 per game)

Houston just needs to win 'em all at home and they';re 5-0 so far with Big Brock Osweiler (216 of 363, 2,061 yards , 12 Tds, 10 INTs)
DeAndre Hopkins (50 catches, 540 yards) had 100 catches last year.
RB Lamar Miller (192 catches, 824 yards) will face an SD defense that has allowed just 875 yards rushing all year
Without all-pro JJ Watt (out for the year), Houston has just 19 sacks...but they have allowed just 200 yards passing a game.

Houston (6-4) is 9-7 if they win the 3 remaining home games (SD, Jacksonville and Cincinnatti) but SD has scored 25 or more 8 times. The Texans have scored 23 or less eight times.    If Denver (7-3) beats KC (7-3), SD (4-6) will be 2 games out of a playoff spot with a win. SD has lost twice to Denver. The Chargers can only realistically catch KC, who they host on New Year's Day.
This isn't a good matchup for the Texans..I like Phillip Rivers to keep it close.....If you can get 3..I'd take SD
Don't like the over because of Brock...Dont like the under because of Phiilip Rivers.....at +2, I'd leave it alone

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say we get in at 9-7 and get the 4 Seed. Who would you rather want to play Oakland, Denver, or KC? The game would be at Indy. I know I am looking way ahead.

Oakland..they haven't been in the playoffs in this century and they lead the league in penalties

Without looking it up, I'm sure this is virtually an elimination game for the Chargers even if it's not mathematically. They lost to the Colts so a win vs the Texans is even more important. If they win they're very much alive because they'll beat the Buccs who beat the Chiefs. Then they have to beat the Chiefs. That leaves the Raiders but I won't touch that yet.

The Colts obviously need it. If it happens and Luck comes back then the Colts will be dangerous imo.

Rivers might be my 2nd favorite current player after Luck so I hope they win.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:52 PM, oldunclemark said:
1 p.m. EST Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon (no sideline cutie) on CBS
  over-under 46

San Diego QB Phillip (Old Man) Rivers (229 of 369, 2,886 yards, 20 Tds, 11 INTs) has had 2 weeks off so RB Melvin Gordon (217 carries, 838 yards, 9 Tds_ will be rolling)
WR Tyrell Williams (43 catches, 720 yards, 4 Tds) has made a lot off relatively few catches.
San Diego has the No. 3 offense in the NFL...and 228 first downs (22.8 per game)

Houston just needs to win 'em all at home and they';re 5-0 so far with Big Brock Osweiler (216 of 363, 2,061 yards , 12 Tds, 10 INTs)
DeAndre Hopkins (50 catches, 540 yards) had 100 catches last year.
RB Lamar Miller (192 catches, 824 yards) will face an SD defense that has allowed just 875 yards rushing all year
Without all-pro JJ Watt (out for the year), Houston has just 19 sacks...but they have allowed just 200 yards passing a game.

Houston (6-4) is 9-7 if they win the 3 remaining home games (SD, Jacksonville and Cincinnatti) but SD has scored 25 or more 8 times. The Texans have scored 23 or less eight times.    If Denver (7-3) beats KC (7-3), SD (4-6) will be 2 games out of a playoff spot with a win. SD has lost twice to Denver. The Chargers can only realistically catch KC, who they host on New Year's Day.
This isn't a good matchup for the Texans..I like Phillip Rivers to keep it close.....If you can get 3..I'd take SD
Don't like the over because of Brock...Dont like the under because of Phiilip Rivers.....at +2, I'd leave it alone

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

No I didnt.....that's a big jump..somebody knows something about the Texans today 

I think it was like SD -1.5 for most of the week. So not a huge move today , although 1.5 to 2.5 is significant .

5 minutes ago, bayone said:

betcha broncos happy too though they need a qb , brock was not it

3 interceptions today & 59% completion, 0 tds

Yeah, I'm abouit ready to admit I was wrong. Brock isn't improving.

next 2 weeks at GB and at Indy....

..Texan's 'D; is fine.....they cant score...now 6-5 and they're about to be 6-7 befor ethey get home again

49 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think it was like SD -1.5 for most of the week. So not a huge move today , although 1.5 to 2.5 is significant .

You're right..It started at (+2) for what I saw but it swung quickly.....why do you think?

For a game with one team at home and at 6-4..

..and the other on the road at 4-6..and the 4-6 team is favored at game time.

..what did they see in the Mexico game?