Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A.q. Shipley Signed As Free Agent. Any Influence On The Return Of Jeff Saturday?

Pancake Block

I'm hoping the Colts were just confirming a point I've made here many times before. Mike Pollack does not have the talent to be our next starting Center. A.Q. Shipley's signing solidifies our C position, but does this mean that Saturday will not be re-signed? I hope not. I would hate it if Saturday doesn't retire as a lifetime Colt. He has personified this team more than anybody else over the last 12 years or so. He's really become a huge part of the Indianapolis community and is well liked here by everyone. I hope Irsay steps up and makes it happen for him and the fans.

I'm hoping the Colts were just confirming a point I've made here many times before. Mike Pollack does not have the talent to be our next starting Center. A.Q. Shipley's signing solidifies our C position, but does this mean that Saturday will not be re-signed? I hope not. I would hate it if Saturday doesn't retire as a lifetime Colt. He has personified this team more than anybody else over the last 12 years or so. He's really become a huge part of the Indianapolis community and is well liked here by everyone. I hope Irsay steps up and makes it happen for him and the fans.

who the heck is that?Looks like a training camp body to me.

Well....I wouldn't worry about that part.

IMO....Jeff will simply retire if he's not offerred a contract or Peyton is released. Again, not an ideal departure for a class guy and one of my all-time favorite Colts, but I'd be surprised if Jeff would want to play anywhere else.

who the heck is that?Looks like a training camp body to me.

Shipley was on Pittsburgh's practice squad and was a late round 2009 draft pick from Penn State. He also won the Rimington Award at Penn St. as the nation's top collegiate Center. He's listed at 6'1" and 315lbs. Arians must have wanted him and liked him or I doubt he would be here.