Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Moore, Howard Mudd, Etc....?

YOUR GM

What are the odds we could bring back any of Peyton's old coaches as consultants? I don't know Moore's contract situation with the Jets, or if he's even still under contract, but I think Irsay should try to see if he could bring him back on staff at some capacity. The main issues Moore and Mudd had with the organization stemmed from the Polians. They are now gone, and with the hiring of Arians (a Moore disciple) as OC, maybe that would help be a persuasion for Moore or Mudd to come back. Mudd already has limited connection with our GM, having worked around him last season in Philly (and had nothing but good things to say about Grigson.)

I think bringing either of those two (or both, ideally) could do nothing but help, being that the hiring of Arians and the retaining of CC all but assures we're sticking with our current offensive system. If we're keeping Peyton in our plans, this further adds to his level of comfort moving forward. If we plan on indoctrinating Luck into this current offensive system, why not bring the originator of it back on staff to teach him the right way to run it?

Just my two cents. What are your thoughts?

Both Moore and Mudd are old and past their prime. Its a new era in Indy and I just don't understand why people are having such a hard time excepting that. Moore's offense got extremely stale and predictable and Mudd likes small athletic O-linemen. I don't want the Colts to even entertain the idea of bringing either of those guys back. Time to move in a new direction.

Both Moore and Mudd are old and past their prime. Its a new era in Indy and I just don't understand why people are having such a hard time excepting that. Moore's offense got extremely stale and predictable and Mudd likes small athletic O-linemen. I don't want the Colts to even entertain the idea of bringing either of those guys back. Time to move in a new direction.

The offense got old and stale when Moore scaled back his workload. CC, in my opinion, is the main reason for the offense getting so predictable. Furthermore, as I already said, the hiring of Arians and the retaining of CC means we're sticking with the same system anyways. There is no new era, offensively. More like, maintain the status quo.

As for Mudd, if you don't think he's got it anymore, why don't you take a look at the work he's done in Philly and their run game/O-line since he's been there? Mudd is a good coach when you give him the pieces to work with. Polian didn't do that, at all. He actually did the opposite and traded away talent (with little compensation) and then blamed the coaching staff when the O-line deteriorated.

I agree Balzer....Moore and Mudd had their heyday, but with all of the other wholesale changes that have happened and only Christensen being the last vestige of the Manning era offensive staff, I hope we build a coaching staff and team that delivers more balance on offense....including a consistently strong rushing attack.

Sort of like the run/pass balance that Stanford had. :yes:

I agree Balzer....Moore and Mudd had their heyday, but with all of the other wholesale changes that have happened and only Christensen being the last vestige of the Manning era offensive staff, I hope we build a coaching staff and team that delivers more balance on offense....including a consistently strong rushing attack.

Sort of like the run/pass balance that Stanford had. :yes:

Ditto for me.

^ You guys say you're looking forward to more balance on offense but ignore the OC hire we just made. Arians is as pass-happy as they come, and he will bring with him a system very similar to the one we already run. So how can you honestly say we're ushering in a new era offensively when all signs are pointing to our current scheme staying in tact?