Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is This An Indication Of What Saturday Will Decide?

BuildtheMonster1285

The Colts announced a little while ago that they signed a free agent Center, A.Q. Shipley, so do you think that this is just incase Saturday decides to retire, or do you think this is a sign of another announcement?

Now, I know what your thinking, 'what does A.Q. stand for?,' dont worry, I have no idea either.

Stands for" Another Quality" Center:)

I think Saturday's replacement is already on the roster. Most likely Pollak, but don't count out Richard, who played well when Saturday was hurt in 2007 I think

That's what I thought and it seemed like some people were very open to the idea of Pollak becoming the starting center (if Saturday is gone). I don't know very much about the guy so I'm not sure how effective he could possibly be.

to a Reserve/Future contract.

6-1, 315 pounds

selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He spent his rookie season on the Steelers practice squad prior to being signed by the Philadelphia Eagles on January 11, 2010. Shipley was a member of the Eagles’ practice squad in 2010 and was then released on September 2, 2011.

In 2008, Shipley was an All-America selection and Rimington Trophy winner at Penn State. He also garnered Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year honors that season.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-ADD-FREE-AGENT/6e574204-c...