Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tennessee (+4.5) at San Diego (11-6-16)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST....Kevin Harlan, Dan Fouts and Scott Kaplan (no sideline babe available apparently) on CBS

mid-70s and sunny....over-under at 47

Tennessee QB Marcus Mariotta (157 of 248, 1,874 yards, 14 Tds, 6 INTs) faces a pivotal game aided by born-again RB DeMarco Murray (160 carries, 756 yards, 6 TDs)

the Titans (4-4) have Denver, KC and Green bay to play (plus the Colts and Houston again) so they need this game to be serious about winning the AFC South.

Titans haven't beaten anybody whos any good.....and they have 5 road games left. This is one they need ..

Chargers (3-5) QB Phillips Rivers (182 of 292, 2,285 yards,15 TDs, 7 INTs) has faced a tough schedule so far (Denver twice, KC, Oakland, Atlanta) but SD (3-5)  is looking to move up in the standings in the second half.

RB  Melvin Gordon (161 carries, 572 yards, 8 TDs)  gives San Diego balance but SD is throwing the ball. They have six receivers with 20 catches or more.

SD has 18 sacks and nine interceptions....

What's funny is that I think San Diego is good and has a chance to make the playoffs even though they're 3-5..while I dont think the Titans (4-4) are that good and can make the post-season. The 4.5 spread is a little high..but I just don't see Tennessee able to outscore the Chargers in a high-scoring west coast good day sunshine 'late' game.

SD has lost 33-27, 34-31, 35-34, 26-22 and 27-19.....the over is low...but SD should win this game by double figures

Good, balanced offensive day.  Strong defensive performance at times.  Still too many penalties and mistakes but overall any win is a good win (I'm so over "pretty wins" just get 'er done!)

Melvin Gordon is really coming into his own.  Great game, he was the difference maker as were the D's 2 touchdowns.  It didn't feel as close a game as the score sounds and could have been 7 point greater difference but we took a series of victory formation downs on the 10 yard line to end the game.  We're finishing games finally.

4 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Good, balanced offensive day.  Strong defensive performance at times.  Still too many penalties and mistakes but overall any win is a good win (I'm so over "pretty wins" just get 'er done!)

Melvin Gordon is really coming into his own.  Great game, he was the difference maker as were the D's 2 touchdowns.  It didn't feel as close a game as the score sounds and could have been 7 point greater difference but we took a series of victory formation downs on the 10 yard line to end the game.  We're finishing games finally.

Thanks, you helped us out today. Both of our teams came to play today.

Our division is crazy tough - I remember how bad we were for so long as a division.  That combined with how good our team was during that same stretch actually hurt us.  We weren't tough enough when we went into the playoffs for the playoff caliber games.

I would rather have a tough division that prepares you for the "second season."  We are so young and so decimated and yet hanging tough.  It speaks well to our future. 

8 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Our division is crazy tough - I remember how bad we were for so long as a division.  That combined with how good our team was during that same stretch actually hurt us.  We weren't tough enough when we went into the playoffs for the playoff caliber games.

I would rather have a tough division that prepares you for the "second season."  We are so young and so decimated and yet hanging tough.  It speaks well to our future. 

Playoffs are a different beast though where health decides more things than "how tough the season was" inside the division. An easier division helps with better health if your home field is worth a lot in the playoffs. Ask the Seahawks and Patriots how much HFA means to them. I'd take a 12-4 in an easier division with less injuries heading into the playoffs than 11-5 in a tough division with more injuries leading into the playoffs.

I agree on the injuries, but when you haven't played the best teams during the year you can easily get an inflated, cocky opinion of yourselves.  That happened in 2009 vs the Jets.  We hadn't played smash-mouthed teams in hard fought games... it makes a difference.  Especially when you win tough, hard fought games against tough teams, it builds confidence rather than cockiness.