Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a huge pickup for them. He is solid on Defense. Kevin Love is also out for at least 6 weeks, knee scope.

He's a great defender and he can shoot the mid range and the 3.  It's what they've been missing.  I did read that about Kevin Love.  He received one opinion that he didn't like and the second opinion must have been the same?  Cavs could drop off a little bit in the standings with him and Jr. out. 

7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

He's a great defender and he can shoot the mid range and the 3.  It's what they've been missing.  I did read that about Kevin Love.  He received one opinion that he didn't like and the second opinion must have been the same?  Cavs could drop off a little bit in the standings with him and Jr. out. 

Isnt that something about Love....I have always liked him,.

Like you say.....I guess whenever you hear about a guy 'looking for second opinion' from a doctor the first opinion was all the way bad

Is Drummond an option at the deadline? Myles isn't a great rebounder, and I feel he would play better as our stretch 4. So potentially I would package Thaddeus Young, Monta Ellis, and our 2018 first for Andre Drummond. It works out on the ESPN Trade Machine. Instantly upgrade our rebounding and create a three-headed superstar beast with Drummond, Turner, and George. Would you try to do this if you were the Pacers GM? Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Is Drummond an option at the deadline? Myles isn't a great rebounder, and I feel he would play better as our stretch 4. So potentially I would package Thaddeus Young, Monta Ellis, and our 2018 first for Andre Drummond. It works out on the ESPN Trade Machine. Instantly upgrade our rebounding and create a three-headed superstar beast with Drummond, Turner, and George. Would you try to do this if you were the Pacers GM? Thoughts?

Drummond would make us a lot more scary if we only had to give up Young and Ellis. I look at this season and I just don't think with the Roster we have we can beat the Celtics, Wizards, or Raptors in a series now that they got Ibaka. If we could add Drummond that would pull us even with those teams assuming we still are able to keep PG, Teague, and Turner. The Cavs are still on a level by themselves unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Until we learn how to guard the 3 point line we aren't going anywhere. Cavs have made 9 3's in the 1st Half. This happens every game against all the Good teams. Why our Coaches don't adjust to this, I have no idea. Cavs are only up 57-54 at Half but have hit 9 3's which is just unacceptable.

all the good teams hit a lot of 3s on a lot of teams..its acceptable.

....We dont have a lot of fast young guards and forwards...

But 57-54 at the half is good in Cleveland..

.....what we need to do is hit the perimeter shot our own selves...we don't make enough 3s

...we're right in this

10 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I would if I was the Pacers' GM..sure

but we're not going to get Drummond for that

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG is cold but that isn't our main problem. It's a problem but we aren't playing any perimeter Defense as usual. Cavs just continue to hit wide open 3's.

Pg is 3 of 16......right now....vs LBJ...that;s our main problem

Cavs only have 6 points in the 3rd so far

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Pg is 3 of 16......right now....vs LBJ...that;s our main problem

Cavs only have 6 points in the 3rd so far

I am not excusing PG but our Defense has been flat out lousy. No hands in face and just letting them shoot. We did the same thing vs the Wizards and even the Bucks. We made Teletovic look like Bird.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not excusing PG but our Defense has been flat out lousy. No hands in face and just letting them shoot. We did the same thing vs the Wizards and even the Bucks. We made Teletovic look like Bird.

We do too much helping on defense and leave shooters open. Not a good idea against this team. 2's cost less than 3's.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is no doubt we are not good defensively at the guard and small forward position..

and with AL  we cant defend pick and roll..no secret

....but you want them to take 20-25 footers..gotta keep LBJ from the rim

If guys hit bad shots there;s not  a lot you can d o

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

We do too much helping on defense and leave shooters open. Not a good idea against this team. 2's cost less than 3's.

I agree. Of course if PG was on we may even be winning this game but the one constant I keep seeing is, we play lousy perimeter Defense. Somehow we are only down 83-80 after the 3rd. I have actually loved Bill Walton and Dick Vitale doing this game, it's been hilarious.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

'Too much helping on defense' is a not a concept you can go with..

....When they pick you on the perimeter....you have to help

You don't have to switch every time. You can go over or under the screen and stay on the man. They just aren't putting in the effort. The only ones who should be consistently helping are the center and power forward when someone drives to the basket.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You don't have to switch every time. You can go over or under the screen and stay on the man. They just aren't putting in the effort. The only ones who should be consistently helping are the center and power forward when someone drives to the basket.

You're watching but you are not seeing..

..When they take out Thompson...Myles (or Big Al) is vulnerable in pick and roll.

....We cant defend their small lineup...its not a lack of effort