Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Media Has No Idea

manningstheman

I dont know if its sarcasm or just bad logic

How many HOF QB's had 3 neck surgeries in their 30's affecting their arm strength? This cat and mouse game really doesn't work. If you have a QB in the situation of Manning, healthy or not you take a QB to back him up. You prepare for the worst.

But that QB will be expecetd to lead the team to a winning record immediately...

I think you know that, Andrew..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It does increase each year but let me break a few things down here for you.

-Most people don't anticpate Peyton playing into the 4th and 5th year in that deal if he does come back and play. Its plasiable he will play for about 3 and the 4th and 5th were considered option years as well.

-There still is dead cap money and thats my point as to why you don't cut him. Theres very little difference if you cut or keep him salary wise but you are also losing the GOAT if you cut him. Seems like the odds would favor keeping him in terms of your talent and money equation.

-Once again I don't understand why you are so infatuated with REAL dollars. All that matters in the league and in Irsay's eyes is CAP dollars. Irsay has said repeatedly money isn't the issue. Keeping Luck and Peyton would be equivialent to what we did this year with Collins on the roster.

If you cut Manning this year you get a 10M cap hit from my understanding

If you keep Manning for the next 2 years 33M cap hit. 33M is a lot of money over two years. 33M vs 10M. He has already ate up 16M not playing this past year. 49M over 3 years. That is a lot of cap money.

49M (IF manning stays this season and next) vs 10M (if he is cut)

You are also not understanding, we were able to afford the cap hit last year because we didnt have a ton of big name F/As as opposed to this upcoming season. Please factor in the holes on the team and the F/A's. Then you will realize why it is such a big deal.

Also the "GOAT" the one that threw for 4700 yards didnt have a 3rd neck surgery and was healthy. What happens in the past is null because we do not know how Peyton will play this upcoming season. Its like a blank sheet.

Ok.. :troll: now what? :wow:

Im pretty sure everyone agress your narcissitic posts can be viewed as pot stirring. Im trying to remember the last time you said something nice to a forum member without making an obscured comment.

I at least try and even out my posting with humor, i consider you just rude. Have a nice after noon. See humor :)

Noticed that glossed over a perfectly reasonable and rational response.

But that QB will be expecetd to lead the team to a winning record immediately...

I think you know that, Andrew..

That is your opinion. I doubt Irsay, Grigson and Pagano are sitting there saying if Luck doesn't win "x" amount of games this year then "insert negative opinion on Luck"

Every coach looks at what is realistic and to think that Luck HAS to go in and make the playoffs or win the SB in his first year is flat out crazy talk. Is it farfetched? No it could be possible. Is it an expectation? Probably not. No one expected Manning to get the Colts 12 or 14 wins or a playoff birth in his first year. Winning record is DO-able considering Luck needs to go 9-7 at best. I could definitely see that.

You still are not getting it and I understand. Please take into consideration our free agents in 2011 vs 2012. The talent level on the team in 2011 vs 2012. Then you will slowly realize when players like Garcon, Mathis, Wayne, Saturday, Diem, Tamme are free agents, that figure becomes even more significant.

Sometimes people stay for the same or less $. Anything can work out. I am just stating that people need to not be so polarized on these discussions. There is a lot of flexibility available if both parties want to make it work.

Sometimes people stay for the same or less $. Anything can work out. I am just stating that people need to not be so polarized on these discussions. There is a lot of flexibility available if both parties want to make it work.

Our 2 best receivers and arguably best DE are not staying for the same or less money. Mathis wants to be paid like freeney and Wayne has said he wont make it easy. Garcon will want more money. In 2011 our top free agents were Adam Vinateri and Joseph Addai. Addai was expendable because of Brown, and now looking back, Carter. Vinateri is a kicker so he isn't going to command a huge contract like a skill player position.

If you cut Manning this year you get a 10M cap hit from my understanding.

Correct. But you free up 6.6 Million in cap space. That's still not a whole lot space considering what the likes of Brackett and Bullit are going to cost. Addai could be cut as well to free up money. They are three examples of players that could be cut to balance Manning's cap hit.

If you keep Manning for the next 2 years 33M cap hit. 33M is a lot of money over two years. 33M vs 10M. He has already ate up 16M not playing this past year. 49M over 3 years. That is a lot of cap money.

You are looking at the cuumlative number instead of the individual figures for each season as each players cap hit varies each season.

49M (IF manning stays this season and next) vs 10M (if he is cut)

You are also not understanding, we were able to afford the cap hit last year because we didnt have a ton of big name F/As as opposed to this upcoming season. Please factor in the holes on the team and the F/A's. Then you will realize why it is such a big deal.

The only huge F/A's that are priorities to sign in my mind are Garcon and Mathis. Everyone else is an option in my mind. Reggie is exependable.

Also the "GOAT" the one that threw for 4700 yards didnt have a 3rd neck surgery and was healthy. What happens in the past is null because we do not know how Peyton will play this upcoming season. Its like a blank sheet.

Do you even know why he got the surgery in the first place? He got the surgery because he had a disk pinching his a nerve in his neck. Its not like he Tommy Jon surgery or something. People read too much into the ^cowpatties^.

Cutting players to balance out something is not feasible. If you cut Brackett and Bullit and have to find their replacements, IF they are cheaper (F/A} or draft there is a good chance they are not going to be as good. Brackett may be expendable because of Angerer but what about Bullit? We dont have an answer at safety if he is gone. Addai is the best overall back in our system. Brown is good but has trouble picking up the Blitz. If Carter or Brown is injured what do the Colts do then?

Mannings cap hit increases each season. Also re-signing Garcon + Mathis means they want to be paid. How do you suggest we get that extra money? Cut other players? We will be getting the same production at one position and losing production at another.

Garcon and Mathis vs. Vinateri and Addai is a huge difference in terms of money.

Also Manning got the surgery because he reported loss of arm strength prior to the season as one of the symptoms. If you think loss of arm strength is not alarming for a QB then I dont know what to tell you.

Cutting players to balance out something is not feasible. If you cut Brackett and Bullit and have to find their replacements, IF they are cheaper (F/A} or draft there is a good chance they are not going to be as good. Brackett may be expendable because of Angerer but what about Bullit? We dont have an answer at safety if he is gone. Addai is the best overall back in our system. Brown is good but has trouble picking up the Blitz. If Carter or Brown is injured what do the Colts do then?

Mannings cap hit increases each season. Also re-signing Garcon + Mathis means they want to be paid. How do you suggest we get that extra money? Cut other players? We will be getting the same production at one position and losing production at another.

Garcon and Mathis vs. Vinateri and Addai is a huge difference in terms of money.

Also Manning got the surgery because he reported loss of arm strength prior to the season as one of the symptoms. If you think loss of arm strength is not alarming for a QB then I dont know what to tell you.

You restructure Manning and freeney's contracts to allow you to pay Mathis and Wayne for 2 more seasons...

By that time. Saturday will have retired and Bracket's contact will be done.

Coming up with the money in 3 years is a lot easier than it will be for NEXT season.

Irsay said we were going to be rebuilding in SOME areas, and that we would also keep some of our VETERANS around, also...you add that with what he's said about Peyton...and what he's said about how he didnt like that his dad traded Unitas or that his dad traded the Elway pick, and i think it all spells out that IF Peyton is healthy, we will have Peyton and Luck on this team next season...and if Peyton is not healthy, he will retire. I honestly dont see a scenario where he wants to go play for another team, honestly...i think that what is likely is that Peyton is working hard and anxious to come back and prove everyone wrong, and show that with him, this team is still one of the best in the NFL

Right and I have used that when reminding people he's said that himself.

With that said all I was doing was pointing out the words Irsay had said the media was listening to after a person said the media wasn't listening to what Irsay was saying. It's pretty clear they weren't listening to the part you just said.

Like I said in my post I am in the keep Peyton and draft Luck camp and will be till Luck either forces them to trade the pick or the Colts have to release Peyton Manning if for no other reason than that is what my heart wants.

Here's what I have a feeling might be going on though based on what's going on. I think that Irsay has real fear that Peyton isn't going to be healthy by March 8th. Understand the Colts feeling of healthy and Peyton Manning's defenation of healthy might not be teh samething. I think there is a chance doctors might go to Irsay and say look he's still not ready now we are still waiting on the nervs to come back it should happen but we can't promise it will. The question then becomes does Jim Irsay commit the Colts to Peyton Manning for the next four years based on something that should happen? That's the issue here not so much the 28 million. I have no doubt that Jim Irsay would look at Peyton Manning and go 28 million for Peyton Manning that's a steal. The problem is if the nervs don't come back and you have now locked yourself into the contract is that you are stuck if the nervs don't come back.

If you look at Peyton Manning on March 8th if the doctors tell you hey you aren't healthy now but you should be by the start of training camp we are just waiting on those nervs he's not going to retire. He's going to see if his nervs come back and try to keep playing.

That's why I also think if Peyton can move the date back he might be willing to do so if he truly wants to stay here if he has a promise from Irsay they aren't moving the deadline back to trade him.

There are so many moving parts in this we don't know what's going to happen and I honestly think that they might not know Peyton's full health status on March 8th and the Colts namely Jim Irsay will have decide can you afford to risk the future of the franchise by commiting to a guy you don't know if he's going to be 100% healthy or not. All I know is that I am glad I am not the person who has to make this call.

If they do commit to him then the question becomes does Luck try to force a trade?

If he doesn't then hey great we get to have our cake and eat it too.

You restructure Manning and freeney's contracts to allow you to pay Mathis and Wayne for 2 more seasons...

By that time. Saturday will have retired and Bracket's contact will be done.

Coming up with the money in 3 years is a lot easier than it will be for NEXT season.

Let me take a different approach here

How do you suggest the Colts restructure Mannings contract?

This is not exactly true...there is a lot of gray area. I started a thread early in the week because PFT reported the date can be moved. Brandt is reporting today that the answer is that it basically depends on who you ask...I read the CBA because I was interested in what it actually said and I came away with the same interpretation prior to reading Brandt's article. It seems doubtful it will happen since they haven't started moving on it yet; it would take time to OK it sounds like to me. Here is what Brandt said today on the issue today (http://www.nationalf...ent-Part-2.html):

As to the Colts needing to decide by March 8th – before the 2012 League Year and trading period begin on March 13th – many ask “Can’t Peyton push the date back?” Theoretically, perhaps. Practically, doubtful.

Manning and agent Tom Condon negotiated, in effect, a“no-trade clause” without it actually being designated as such.

As to moving the date, the CBA prevents renegotiations of contracts following the last regular season game of the League Year within which the date is in. The March 8th date is in the 2011 League Year, as the 2012 League Year begins on March 13th.

The NFL Management Council would interpret the language to allow the date to be moved, suggesting a moved date is not a "renegotiation".

The NFL Players Association's lawyers have a different interpretation of that language, and could contest a moved date as a renegotiation in a grievance against the NFL and the Colts.

Like I said when this was first reported I've noticed a lot of times when a sports union says something can't happen it really means they don't want it to happen and based on how they think something reads it means it can't happen.

So I am with you here this is just another reason why Peyton Manning and the Colts are THE story of this off-season.

Um yes it is. Angerer could easily replace Brackett for less money and more production. Bullit is easily replaceable on the notion he isn't even healthy enough to play anyway. Look at how many games he's played over the past 2 seasons and tell me that we couldnt draft someone who is better skilled and costs less. I seriously disagree that Addai is the best back in our system. Donald Brown showed last year he could pick up blitzes and play at a high level when asked to. Addai can't stay healthy either with only one season on record of him playing in more than 14 games. Carter or Brown go down, you put Darren Evans in. Case Closed.

Garcon and Mathis will negotiate their contract accordingly. No we won't be losing production as I stated above. QB position is arguably the most important as we saw this year.

Not what we are talking about here.

But we don't know the degree of loss of arm strength. It could of been moderate and tolerable in his eyes. He's been waiting seasons to get this surgery.

What do you mean he has been waiting seasons to get this surgery? This is his 3rd surgery. Obviously the first two didn't do the job. He had some non FDA approved stem cell surgery done this time around in another country.

Also you are making a huge assumption that by cutting Bullitt and Addai we will still get the same production out of other players for the same or less. There are many factors such as injuries, salary cap etc. This is a dream scenario. Garcon and Mathis will not negotiate for whats best for the Colts, they want $$$. Unless you personally have talked to them of course.

Also as for Donald being great at picking up the Blitz. Go back to the play earlier in the season where Brown whiffs on a blitz, Painter gets nailed, Brown never returns to the game(benched). He is a good runner but running backs do more than just run.

Let me take a different approach here

How do you suggest the Colts restructure Mannings contract?

Here's what we do...(and obviously. he'd have to agree)N You cut Manning and resign him to the same contract in reverse..

His present salary (which kikcks in at the 28 mil payment) goes down the next four years to something like $11 mil..

Reverse it....make the $11 mil now...(take the $16 mil cap hit) and have the paycheck increase the next four seasons.

Or, sign him to a six year deal with the final two being a personal services (non-playing) contract...with the team.spreading the cash out evenly.

Manning may retire before his deal is up (so you can play, Andrew) but lets say he deosnt

In 2 years..Saturday has retired..Freeney's big deal (his $19 mil cap hit expires after this year) is off the books...

..and any two-year deal (Mathis, Wayne) ends .

Its a way to keep the old guards around for 2 more playoff runs..while you Andrew..get much-needed seasoning in exhibitions and as a part time player.

It could work

If Manning's option isn't picked up, and he is released he is a free agent.

That puts a 10.4 cap hit on the 2012 salary cap.

If we were to resign him, it would only add to that 10.4 #. So any deal would have to be agreeable by Manning and more beneficial than just simply picking up the bonus.

It's not like cutting him clears the slate.

The likely hood of Wayne or Mathis signing a 2 year deal is not feasible.

Freeney will have his contract redone or he will be cut or traded.

Here's what we do...(and obviously. he'd have to agree)N You cut Manning and resign him to the same contract in reverse..

His present salary (which kikcks in at the 28 mil payment) goes down the next four years to something like $11 mil..

Reverse it....make the $11 mil now...(take the $16 mil cap hit) and have the paycheck increase the next four seasons.

Or, sign him to a six year deal with the final two being a personal services (non-playing) contract...with the team.spreading the cash out evenly.

Manning may retire before his deal is up (so you can play, Andrew) but lets say he deosnt

In 2 years..Saturday has retired..Freeney's big deal (his $19 mil cap hit expires after this year) is off the books...

..and any two-year deal (Mathis, Wayne) ends .

Its a way to keep the old guards around for 2 more playoff runs..while you Andrew..get much-needed seasoning in exhibitions and as a part time player.

It could work

I'm not sure if I understand.... first off in his current contract Mannings cap hit and salary increase for each year.3.4 7.4, 8.4, 9.4, 10.4 cap: 16m 17m 18m 19m 20M

You re suggesting pay him 11m (10.4) now and then increase it the next 4 seasons? That would be worse than what we have now. Also other teams are most likely going to pay him more than what the Colts will.

If we were to resign him, it would only add to that 10.4 #. So any deal would have to be agreeable by Manning and more beneficial than just simply extending his contract.

Wayne has been quoted as saying he'd accept a 2-year deal...

Manning cap hit max is $16 mil....

We're talking about getting the money...we can resturture Freney's deal...and slice his $19 mil cap hit,

Mannng's salary goes down the final 2 years of his contract.

That;'s why he got 28 mil bonus and $25 mil last year

That's the way it was set up.

What do you mean he has been waiting seasons to get this surgery? This is his 3rd surgery. Obviously the first two didn't do the job. He had some non FDA approved stem cell surgery done this time around in another country.

Also you are making a huge assumption that by cutting Bullitt and Addai we will still get the same production out of other players for the same or less. There are many factors such as injuries, salary cap etc. This is a dream scenario. Garcon and Mathis will not negotiate for whats best for the Colts, they want $$$. Unless you personally have talked to them of course.

Players that actually play will be having the same, if not more production. Its the Bob Sanders arguement. Yes Bob Sanders was a good player and probably our best defensive player but if hes not healthy, hes useless. Same notion applies to Addai and Bullitt. Not a dream by any stretch. You don't know if they won't be willing to negotiate either way either and i doubt you personally talk to them anyway either.

Also as for Donald being great at picking up the Blitz. Go back to the play earlier in the season where Brown whiffs on a blitz, Painter gets nailed, Brown never returns to the game(benched). He is a good runner but running backs do more than just run.

Atleast he was on the field to make an attempt at the block. Addai wasn't even healthy enough to make an impact this year.

If we were to resign him, it would only add to that 10.4 #. So any deal would have to be agreeable by Manning and more beneficial than just simply picking up the bonus.

FJC..he would, have to agree to being cut and resigned.

He would. He does not seem to want to leave Indianapolis.....and he would get his money

We're talking about getting the money...we can resturture Freney's deal...and slice his $19 mil cap hit,

No it doesnt his salary and cap hits increase each year on top of that I dont recall wayne EVER saying he would want a 2 year deal. I could be wrong,

I would have to see that Wayne quote documented by a reputable source to even begin to believe that.

Manning's 2012 cap hit if he's on the roster is 17 million.

Manning's 2012 cap hit if he's cut is 10.6.

We can't restructure Freeney. We can extend him, adding years to the deal.

Manning's salary and cap hit increases each year under his contract.

I know for a FACT that Mathis and Garcon will command as much money as they can get. Their agents are being paid so they can get as much money as they can. They are for sure going to get offers from other teams and if the Colts get cheap they are not sticking with the Colts. Your dream scenario has a lot of assumptions and breaks down quickly. Mathis will be a big name this free agency. A healthy addai is better than a healthy brown. At least with Addai you get a back that can catch, block, and run for 1k yards like he has before.

FJC..he would, have to agree to being cut and resigned.

He would. He does not seem to want to leave Indianapolis.....and he would get his money

That's not how it works...

If he's cut, it's because we do not pick up the option.

10.4 dead cap space accelerates into the 2012 cap hit. I do not see him wanting to be here if we draft Andrew Luck. From his perspective we would be better off trading the pick for more picks and not by drafting a guy that might not even see the field.

I don't see him agreeing to that, without some concessions from the Colts.

Extend him and adding years is restructuring.....

Manning's salary decreases each season..........that's just not true...

Why would you doubt Wayne would take an 8-figure deal for 2 years?

At his age, Wayne would prefer a longer deal with more money up front. If said it then it should be easy for you to find and document. Good luck with that.

Base Salary Cap Hit Year
$3,400,000.00 $16,000,000.00 2011
$7,400,000.00 $17,000,000.00 2012
$8,400,000.00 $18,000,000.00 2013
$9,400,000.00 $19,000,000.00 2014
$10,400,000.00 $20,000,000.00 2015

Where does it decrease? It doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restructuring would be keeping the same frame work in place. An extension is completely different.

I would have to see that Wayne quote documented by a reputable source to even begin to believe that.

Manning's 2012 cap hit if he's on the roster is 17 million.

Manning's 2012 cap hit if he's cut is 10.6.

We can't restructure Freeney. We can extend him, adding years to the deal.

Manning's salary and cap hit increases each year under his contract.

FJC.......you're wrong

Manning's salary goes DOWN dramatically..in the finlal 2 years of his contract.

all of this stuff has been on this board before....

You asked.. I deliver...

Manning’s $90 Million Deal Gives the Colts Flexibility

By JUDY BATTISTA

Published: July 30, 2011

In one of the oddest negotiations in the N.F.L.’s current free-agency frenzy, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning agreed to a contract Saturday that will not give him the highest annual salary in the game — even though his team owner vowed more than a year ago to give him a deal that would make him the highest paid player in N.F.L. history.

Manning’s new contract, for five years and $90 million, according to a message posted on Twitter by the team owner Jim Irsay, will pay him an average of $18 million per year. That is the same average salary quarterback Tom Brady received from the Patriots a year ago. But for the next three years, Manning will make much more than that.

Irsay’s Twitter message said Manning, 35, would make $69 million over the first three years of the contract, for a yearly average of $23 million. That would mean Manning would play the final two years of the contract for about $10 million per year.

But in 2014, when the N.F.L. is likely to get a huge bump in revenue from new television contracts, the salary cap will soar and the Colts could redo the contract to boost Manning’s pay. Manning clearly left money on the table for now, though, and Irsay noted that the new deal is salary-cap friendly.

At his age, Wayne would prefer a longer deal with more money up front. If said it then it should be easy for you to find and document. Good luck with that.

Base Salary Cap Hit Year
$3,400,000.00 $16,000,000.00 2011
$7,400,000.00 $17,000,000.00 2012
$8,400,000.00 $18,000,000.00 2013
$9,400,000.00 $19,000,000.00 2014
$10,400,000.00 $20,000,000.00 2015

Where does it decrease? It doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restructuring would be keeping the same frame work in place. An extension is completely different.

Semantics.....extending is restructuring...

FJC.......you're wrong

Manning's salary goes DOWN dramatically..in the finlal 2 years of his contract.

all of this stuff has been on this board before....

You asked.. I deliver...

By JUDY BATTISTA

In one of the oddest negotiations in the N.F.L.’s current free-agency frenzy, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning agreed to a contract Saturday that will not give him the highest annual salary in the game — even though his team owner vowed more than a year ago to give him a deal that would make him the highest paid player in N.F.L. history.

Manning’s new contract, for five years and $90 million, according to a message posted on Twitter by the team owner Jim Irsay, will pay him an average of $18 million per year. That is the same average salary quarterback Tom Brady received from the Patriots a year ago. But for the next three years, Manning will make much more than that.

Irsay’s Twitter message said Manning, 35, would make $69 million over the first three years of the contract, for a yearly average of $23 million. That would mean Manning would play the final two years of the contract for about $10 million per year.

But in 2014, when the N.F.L. is likely to get a huge bump in revenue from new television contracts, the salary cap will soar and the Colts could redo the contract to boost Manning’s pay. Manning clearly left money on the table for now, though, and Irsay noted that the new deal is salary-cap friendly.

No I am not...

There is a point that you have to be able to understand how the salary cap works.

This is how his cash pays out over the 5 years. ACTUAL CASH!

Manning
2011 $26,400,000.00
2012 $35,400,000.00
2013 $8,400,000.00
2014 $9,400,000.00
2015 $10,400,000.00
Total $90,000,000.00

Salary Cap for those 5 years

Manning
2011 $16,000,000.00
2012 $17,000,000.00
2013 $18,000,000.00
2014 $19,000,000.00
2015 $20,000,000.00
Total $90,000,000.00

There is a difference...

His base salary increases each year.

His salary cap # increases each year.

But again, it depends on having an understanding of how the cap, bonus dollars work.

Provide a link to that quote. Not your opinion, but a quote. Again, good luck with that.

Wayne is 34..he isnt going to get more than a one or two year deal from anybody..That's the NFL

He said he wants 2...Irsay said its a priority///

Maybe you need to prove that he WONT accept a one or two year deal...to stay in Indy

Do you believe than Manning's contract goes down as the story says, not up as you said..??

Wayne is 34..he isnt going to get more than a one or two year deal from anybody..That's the NFL

Maybe you need to prove that he WONT accept a one or two year deal...to stay in Indy

Do you believe than Manning's contract goes down as the story says, not up as you said..??

I have provided you with accurate information. if you choose to ignore it that is on you.

For your reading pleasure. I hope it doesn't confuse you even more.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Peyton-Predicament-Part-1.html

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Peyton-Predicament-Part-2.html

Again, provide a quote to Reggie Wayne saying that, or please quit saying it because if you can't substantiate it, it's providing a false rumor. You're the one making a claim. I'm asking for clarifcation. The onus is on you to support your OPINION!.

I'm done with this, but again, you've been provided accurate information. If you choose to ignore it, then be my guest.

Wayne will get a longer deal than 2 years for sure. The money just will be loaded up front so incase his production declines, he can be cut and it wont hurt the team.

No I am not...

There is a point that you have to be able to understand how the salary cap works.

This is how his cash pays out over the 5 years. ACTUAL CASH!

Manning
2011 $26,400,000.00
2012 $35,400,000.00
2013 $8,400,000.00
2014 $9,400,000.00
2015 $10,400,000.00
Total $90,000,000.00

Salary Cap for those 5 years

Manning
2011 $16,000,000.00
2012 $17,000,000.00
2013 $18,000,000.00
2014 $19,000,000.00
2015 $20,000,000.00
Total $90,000,000.00

There is a difference...

His base salary increases each year.

His salary cap # increases each year.

But again, it depends on having an understanding of how the cap, bonus dollars work.

But I have a source....and please pay attention to the final paragraph...

Bottom line...the deal can be restructured (or however you wish to term it) so cash and cap is available...

I think you can accept this. It on-line..easy to find..

We can keep Manning and sign Regghie..

By JUDY BATTISTA

Manning and Luck together will cost close to 50M in REAL dollars. Actual cash. The cap hit will be around 20mill ( I dont know Lucks cap hit but Manning is 16mish)...

Now tell me if you think the media is wrong in saying Manning may likely not be back.

Irsay said that if Manning is healthy he will be a colt. He also said he won't trade PM. He also said Its not about Money...

Are you insinuating that Manning will be CUT? because that is the only thing Irsay didn't say.

You're buying into media hype. A great football story that has national appeal (everyone loves PM), speculating where he will go is another way to get avg joe fan interested in teh story...your team is out of teh playoffs why watch ESPN ... oh we MAY get PM, let me watch this crap..

Don't live in indy, but I don't like your sports writer (BK) covering the colts beat at all...He seems to be loving the limelight on national tv.

Irsay said that if Manning is healthy he will be a colt. He also said he won't trade PM. He also said Its not about Money...

Are you insinuating that Manning will be CUT? because that is the only thing Irsay didn't say.

You're buying into media hype. A great football story that has national appeal (everyone loves PM), speculating where he will go is another way to get avg joe fan interested in teh story...your team is out of teh playoffs why watch ESPN ... oh we MAY get PM, let me watch this crap..

Don't live in indy, but I don't like your sports writer (BK) covering the colts beat at all...He seems to be loving the limelight on national tv.

This has already been discussed. You can pay Manning all the money you want whether its the 35m total money or the 45-50 if Luck comes too and along with their repsective cap hits. BUT when it comes time to field a SB contending team then ask yourself if that amount of money is feasible. Remember last season Manning had a similar cap hit, the only difference was last season our biggest F/As were Vinateri and Addai. Look at next season and you will realize why that cap hit becomes a problem.

That's nice but this is before Manning had this previous surgery so those stats really mean nothing. At least we know Luck is healthy, young, a great prospect, and is ready to play day 1.

Judging from your username you probably do not care about the Colts outside of Peyton Manning.

And you don't care about anything other than Andrew luck.. Obviously right