Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is with the Vikings new stadium?

Coffeedrinker

I thought the stadium was really cool.  The transparent roof, windows everywhere, it looks like all the seats had good views.  And then AP gets hurt and they have to carry him, hopping on one foot, through an area with fans, laid out with food.  Could the architect not figure out a way to design the stadium so they could get a cart from the sidelines to the locker room/medical room?

I didn't hear a reason for it but it definitely appears to be a huge blunder on the architects part.

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I thought the stadium was really cool.  The transparent roof, windows everywhere, it looks like all the seats had good views.  And then AP gets hurt and they have to carry him, hopping on one foot, through an area with fans, laid out with food.  Could the architect not figure out a way to design the stadium so they could get a cart from the sidelines to the locker room/medical room?

I didn't hear a reason for it but it definitely appears to be a huge blunder on the architects part.

If AD would have been willing to ride on a cart,  They would have went down a different tunnel.   The tunnel through the restaurant is the shortest distance on foot.   So it was really ADs call

44 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If AD would have been willing to ride on a cart,  They would have went down a different tunnel.   The tunnel through the restaurant is the shortest distance on foot.   So it was really ADs call

I'm not doubting you but where did you hear it was Peterson's call?

6 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not doubting you but where did you hear it was Peterson's call?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/9/19/12971982/vikings-stadium-adrian-peterson-injury-locker-room

"According to the Vikings, this is the shortest, quickest way to the locker room, although there is another tunnel that leads there. Peterson refused a cart on the sidelines, so trainers chose to take him through this bar area on floor level, where the footage of him was caught clearly by cameras. That's an unfortunate look."

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/03/vikings-stadium-bird-concussions

Thought this was interesting a while back.

As has been intermittently reported since construction began on Minneapolis' U.S. Bank Stadium, animal rights activists and bird enthusiasts have been vocal about their concern over the five large glass doors that make up the building's west gate. Specifically that these large doors—which happen to be five of the largest glass doors in the world—and the glass surrounding them will be invisible to birds, reflect the background of their traditional habitat, and cause head-on collisions.

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/9/19/12971982/vikings-stadium-adrian-peterson-injury-locker-room

"According to the Vikings, this is the shortest, quickest way to the locker room, although there is another tunnel that leads there. Peterson refused a cart on the sidelines, so trainers chose to take him through this bar area on floor level, where the footage of him was caught clearly by cameras. That's an unfortunate look."

Very very interesting........

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

are birds going to be flying that low?

Have their been any bird / glass collisons at Lucas OIl Stadium?

Are Indiana birds smarter

Quote from the article: As has been intermittently reported since construction began on Minneapolis' U.S. Bank Stadium, animal rights activists and bird enthusiasts have been vocal about their concern over the five large glass doors that make up the building's west gate.

smh :pcsmash:

So now animal activist and bird enthusiasts are complaining about stadiums getting in the way of birds. . . . . . .

What about bugs???  What about them??!!!   How dare those animal rights activist and bird enthusiasts not think about bugs before they thought about their own self absorbed loving of birds!

I'm just sick of protest/activist in our country. 

14 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

about once a year a bird flies into our sliding glass doors. I guess we should just bulldoze our house

Yeah Shakedown, demolish your house and build a large reinforced nuclear shelter under ground as your new house.  You have to stop being so selfish, let the birds fly in peace.......  How would you feel if someone chucked you face first into a sliding glass door??!!?