Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 11 Smartest Players in the NFL

ÅÐØNϧ 1

2 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I was just checking this out & thought it was interesting , I was also checking out wonderlic test scores as well & there I found Luck was not number 1 but had a higher score than Peyton Manning .

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/brawn-plus-brains-11-smartest-000958045/p-no-secret-indianapolis-colts-photo-000958487.html

This was the other thing I ran into .

http://www.bestmastersdegrees.com/smartest-players/

By the eye test Peyton Manning had the highest Football IQ of all-time. The way he can read Defenses and change plays at the line has really been unmatched. He wasn't near physically last season as he once was but it still didn't matter. He did enough on Offense not screw it up. Any QB that can go to the SB with 4 different HeadCoaches is the system IMO. He made the SB with Caldwell and Fox and won it with Kubiak! Having said that he has even had his goofs, like the INT against the Saints in the SB, etc.. So no player is perfect.

Peyton was the first ever guy to read defenses in college. I learned that since his college days which I thought were so overrated as a youngun who watched him make all those easy throws while guys like Danny Kanell, Charlie Ward and Mike Vick made circus plays all the time. I didn't understand that Peyton was just making it look easy and that even when he wasn't doing that it flat out was easy because his brain made it easy.