Stephen Morris Cut. CB Rashaan Melvin Signed

krunk

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He's a backup just hasn't been on the active roster 

We must have different definitions of the term backup. To me a backup is the next player in line to go into the game when the starter ahead of him needs a breather or gets hurt. You can't do that without actually being on the active roster. 

6 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Either stick with what we have already or go for a low risk reward trade but I guess grigs didn't want to do that

Well what We have already is not enough healthy bodies, and maybe he didn't find a trade partner willing to make a deal that both parties found agreeable. But lets disregard that and assume grigson didn't even bother to try because low risk reward trades aren't exactly in his nature. *coughSioMooreBillyWinnWinstonJusticeCassiusVaughnJoshGordyShouldIGoOn?cough*

6 hours ago, Jason_S said:

We must have different definitions of the term backup. To me a backup is the next player in line to go into the game when the starter ahead of him needs a breather or gets hurt. You can't do that without actually being on the active roster. 

Yeah.....they will get called on when they're needed meaning they are backups just not on the active roster.....when you lose players to injury or suspension then somone elsr has to fill that open hole and that's where they come in

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah.....they will get called on when they're needed meaning they are backups just not on the active roster.....when you lose players to injury or suspension then somone elsr has to fill that open hole and that's where they come in

Eh not ways though. Teams often try to find replacements on the waiver wire or in FA before resorting to the PS because the guys on the PS generally aren't ready for live action...hence why they're not on the active roster.  

Plus, its not like one starter has to go down before a PS player is brought up. At best, morris has been the backup to the backup to the starter. Basically, I consider the PS the emergency reserve...because you're not going to bring them up to the active roster before they're ready unless there is an emergency, like multiple injuries to the same position.

Bottom line...semantics.  Point is, so far 3 different Teams have agreed that morris isn't good enough yet to be on an active roster for a regular season game. 

2 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Melvin? Never heard of him. Stafford is going to have a field day on Sunday against our depleted secondary and against a team who hasn't had a pass rush since probably 2009.

For what it's worth,  we had over 40 sacks in 2013 when Mathis led the league....

And the very next year,  when Mathis missed the whole season with an injury,  Manusky manufactured 40 more sacks with blitzes......    we had no one who was great rushing the passer and we still had 40 sacks.

We weren't great in 2011, 2012 or 2015.      I don't know about any other year....