Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Props To Irsay Thread

WoolMagnet

Incorrect. Read the figures above. The Colts franchise is of huge benefit to the entire region. To lose the club after 2034 would have huge negative impact. Just ask Baltimore or Cleveland what losing a team does to your local economy. Look......it's not cheap getting into the NFL franchise city game, but once you do it's a money maker over the long haul, anyone should be able to see that. Indianapolis out-did plenty of other cities that were in the running at the time and earned the right to be the Colts' home.

More to the point, the city uses the stadium as much as the Colts do. We have anywhere from 10-13 home games a year, including preseason and the playoffs. How many other events are booked in LOS throughout the year? How many times will the Final Four be there? What about the Super Bowl and the economic benefit there?

Besides, coming back to what you're saying, if you want a pro sports team, that's the cost of doing business. If you won't, someone else will. And the reason they will is because it's worth it.

More to the point, the city uses the stadium as much as the Colts do. We have anywhere from 10-13 home games a year, including preseason and the playoffs. How many other events are booked in LOS throughout the year? How many times will the Final Four be there? What about the Super Bowl and the economic benefit there?

Besides, coming back to what you're saying, if you want a pro sports team, that's the cost of doing business. If you won't, someone else will. And the reason they will is because it's worth it.

Exactly.

I hate the fact the taxpayers are forced to give a billionaire like Irsay a stadium for use (free of charge) or else he leaves us hanging. The Irsays have packed up and moved before and they'll do it again when they can't squeeze any more out of the residents of Indianapolis and its surroundings.

You look at downtown indy 2000 & downtown indy 2010 the city has grown tremendously... I truly believe #18 & Irsay are largely responsible for that... If you can't see that & you are posting on a fan forum, then I can't help you...

You look at downtown indy 2000 & downtown indy 2010 the city has grown tremendously... I truly believe #18 & Irsay are largely responsible for that... If you can't see that & you are posting on a fan forum, then I can't help you...

better yet, look at downtown before 1984. the vision to build stadium to lure a team may be this city's wisest choice ever

better yet, look at downtown before 1984. the vision to build stadium to lure a team may be this city's wisest choice ever

For those who want to see how the city has grown WFYI will be airing a show produced with the Indy Star on Thursday Night at 9:00pm entitled From Naptown to Super City and having gotten a sneak peak it does a great job telling the story of how the city has grown since 1984 and when the Colts came. If you don't live in Indianapolis it's my understanding several Indiana PBS stations will be airing this show the next couple of weeks!

For those who want to see how the city has grown WFYI will be airing a show produced with the Indy Star on Thursday Night at 9:00pm entitled From Naptown to Super City and having gotten a sneak peak it does a great job telling the story of how the city has grown since 1984 and when the Colts came. If you don't live in Indianapolis it's my understanding several Indiana PBS stations will be airing this show the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for the heads up. :) Got it set to record.

Excellent.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees... Jim Irsay is easily one of the best owners in pro sports, period. Certainly in the NFL.

Second that. There is not an owner in the NFL that I would want other than Jim Irsay. I'm excited about the choice for the new head coach. I can't wait to see which players the new GM and new HC choose in the draft. I am ready for some smash mouth football.