Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the deal with our RB's?

Pacergeek

On August 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, BOTT said:

How is making a horrible trade for a guy that didn't even looking good for the team that drafted him chalked up to "learning curve".  Grigson had been evaluating talent for years before that trade.

A few issues with the black and white statement. 

1. We are not 100% certain this wasn't Irsay saying I want this 1st rd pick more than Griggs. 

2. He was just drafted in the top half of the 1st rd and was playing on a traditionally awful team in Cleveland and was a baller in college in a big time program. 

3. The team just lost their RB's and needed a RB to pair with Luck in order to get to the big show. It's possible that that need outweighed the risk of taking a seemingly slumping young promising talent at the position we needed. I still think Irsay keeps looking for that Edgerrin James to pair with his Peyton Manning. 

Saying all all of these possibilities, no way do I ever give up a 1st rd pick for a RB unless it's a proven back like Peterson and in the start of his prime and already under contract control. It was a mistake and in terms of negotiating the cost of it, it was too much too give up for Richardson regardless of him busting or not. I bet that never happens again and we will never know until Griggs or Irsay writes a book or admits they made the call on it once separated from the team. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

A few issues with the black and white statement. 

1. We are not 100% certain this wasn't Irsay saying I want this 1st rd pick more than Griggs. 

2. He was just drafted in the top half of the 1st rd and was playing on a traditionally awful team in Cleveland and was a baller in college in a big time program. 

3. The team just lost their RB's and needed a RB to pair with Luck in order to get to the big show. It's possible that that need outweighed the risk of taking a seemingly slumping young promising talent at the position we needed. I still think Irsay keeps looking for that Edgerrin James to pair with his Peyton Manning. 

Saying all all of these possibilities, no way do I ever give up a 1st rd pick for a RB unless it's a proven back like Peterson and in the start of his prime and already under contract control. It was a mistake and in terms of negotiating the cost of it, it was too much too give up for Richardson regardless of him busting or not. I bet that never happens again and we will never know until Griggs or Irsay writes a book or admits they made the call on it once separated from the team. 

1: lol, yeah let's blame it on Irsay.

2: he was drafted by a bad team and fit right in.  By the way, his offensive line in Cleveland wasn't that bad.

3. Well, then he is stupid.

I don't know why you are throwing irsay out there when there is zero evidence he had any hand in it.  That's like me saying "well, maybe Irsay is the one that made the Vontae trade".  Sure, ok....

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

1: lol, yeah let's blame it on Irsay.

2: he was drafted by a bad team and fit right in.  By the way, his offensive line in Cleveland wasn't that bad.

3. Well, then he is stupid.

I don't know why you are throwing irsay out there when there is zero evidence he had any hand in it.  That's like me saying "well, maybe Irsay is the one that made the Vontae trade".  Sure, ok....

Exactly what purpose does it serve to whine about something that has been old news for three years? Every team in the NFL has their fair share of bust players. For three years you have concentrated on this? Maybe it's time to update your thought process and join the rest of us in the world known as reality? This one player you are obsessed with is been long gone. Letting this one bad trade be the vocal point of your dislike of Grigson is not only old, hearing about it is old too. It would be refreshing to hear you whine about something else for a change.