Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From the videos, Luck's release looks better

YourNextGM

12 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

While he is working on his footwork...maybe Manning could come by Indy's camp after he's done in Miami and show Luck how to sidestep rather than taking a hit dead in the breadbasket...>.<

Manning might not have been the most fleet of foot,..but somehow he had the ability to sidestep at the last second and make a would-be-sacker grab for air.

He apparently also visited the Saints camp as well.  

It makes me curious. . . how many coaches do you think called Peyton to offer him a QB coaching job by now?

21 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks for telling me what clip was from YGM because I couldn't place where it was from or who that guy really was. NP is a film I have never seen & will never watch in my lifetime. Thanks for the heads up though. I need all the help I can get. haha

Good call on the ND film.  I saw it.  Not a big fan.

• 3 weeks later...
On August 4, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Valpo2004 said:

He apparently also visited the Saints camp as well.  

It makes me curious. . . how many coaches do you think called Peyton to offer him a QB coaching job by now?

None.  They didn't want to get laughed at.

I don't notice much of any real change to Luck's delivery.

But what I do notice is that with Chud's offense,  the decisions on where the ball goes come much sooner,  so the ball is out of Luck's hand much quicker.

Combine that with much better pass blocking tonight and I didn't see very much (any?) pressure at all on Luck.

I'll take that all season long!

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't notice much of any real change to Luck's delivery.

But what I do notice is that with Chud's offense,  the decisions on where the ball goes come much sooner,  so the ball is out of Luck's hand much quicker.

Combine that with much better pass blocking tonight and I didn't see very much (any?) pressure at all on Luck.

I'll take that all season long!

He's not bringing the ball low on any throws so far.  His delivery is a lot more consistent and his footwork as well.  IMO

2 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

His mechanics did look better. Hopefully he can keep it up.  

I haven't watched this game yet vs the Ravens, but I plan on doing it tomorrow off my DVR though. 

Just speculation here right now: I think Brian Schottenheimer will go a long way toward fine-tuning Luck's release, appreciating the value in check downs, making his progressions & clock in his head go faster, & showing him that TEs like Allen can be just as lethal as a long completion to Hilton or Moncrief. 

Marty, Brian's old man, was always good at preaching the importance of doing the little things well day in; day out. His son understands this as well. 

Well, I finally watched INDY's play against John Harbaugh's Ravens. First off, Dwayne Allen. I'm gonna smack you upside your head man. Sigh...I defend you all the time & you cough up the ball & let Eric Weddle recover the pigskin really? It's okay. I forgive you Dwayne, but please exercise better ball security down the road. Thank you. 

Chewy actually had a pocket. Nice. Kudos Chud. :thmup: And best of all, Luck knew when to get down & slide feet first. I loved what he said during his sideline interview at LOS. He needs to stay available all season long & protecting his body from injury is the perfect way to do that. Amen. Please, please, please Andrew if you do throw a pick this yr; promise me that you won't try & tackle the DB like a ferocious LB anymore either. Much obliged. 

I'm always so stunned when I see Adam V miss a FG because it happens about as often as a Halley's Comet sighting meaning it's extremely rare. TY McGill's belly roll dance celebration after tackling Baltimore's QB made me laugh pretty good too. 

Penalties just killed our momentum in the red zone a few times. Gotta clean that up. Dorsett looked fantastic & Quan Bray was no slouch on special teams & a few nice receptions either. Moncrief is destined to be a superstar for us. That kid just gets it & his got great hands. RBS Turbin & Ferguson performed well on the ground too. 

Our backup QB Scott Tolzien always starts games throwing balls way too high. He needs to calm down & relax. I like how he finishes drives later on as the games progress as a UW-Madison alumni of course, but you'd think Scott would have learned from Aaron Rogers last season the significance of having better accuracy early in the 1st half. I do like that Jimmy, our beloved owner likes Badger State backups at the field general position from Sorgi to Tolzien now. Sweet! 

Oh & BTW NFL Network, stop switching to different games when I'm watching my favorite football team because it royally ticks me off. I don't give a crap what happens in the Chiefs vs Rams game. Play the entire INDY game from start to finish. Thank you. No more cutting away to games I have no desire to see at all.  

On August 4, 2016 at 11:56 AM, AZColt11 said:

Good call on the ND film.  I saw it.  Not a big fan.

Thanks AZC. I've always been born with an impeccable bull crap detector in movies & people full of hot air. 

I have a knack for detecting quality & steering clear of garbage from a mile away. I'm not bragging BTW. I just have a gift for separating the wheat from the chaff--The excellent from the worthless & a waste of my time.