Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Possible For Peyton To Make A Guest Appearance As A Ref In The Sb?

ReMeDy

I'm serious, what are the rules & regulations for this? Even if it's just for the coin flip or simply being on the sidelines? It would make perfect sense from a publicity standpoint, considering the Superbowl is @ Indy, the NFL loves Peyton for what he brings to the NFL (ie. $$$$$), Peyton hasn't gotten any love this season with his injury, and the Superbowl may be Patriots vs. Giants so he has an incentive for being there.

The ideal situation is if he's allowed to make one call against the Patriots (esp. unsportsmanlike conduct) before being replaced by the real ref, but that's me getting greedy. That'd be hillarious hearing Peyton's accent calling it how it is.

Funny, because there is a new Papa John's pizza commercial on tv that has Peyton in it as a Ref!

Yea, that's what I was referring to mostly. Sorry, at this point I just assumed everyone saw that, especially with the other topic, so I omitted that tidbit lol.

I'm serious, what are the rules & regulations for this? Even if it's just for the coin flip or simply being on the sidelines? It would make perfect sense from a publicity standpoint, considering the Superbowl is @ Indy, the NFL loves Peyton for what he brings to the NFL (ie. $$$$$), Peyton hasn't gotten any love this season with his injury, and the Superbowl may be Patriots vs. Giants so he has an incentive for being there.

The ideal situation is if he's allowed to make one call against the Patriots (esp. unsportsmanlike conduct) before being replaced by the real ref, but that's me getting greedy. That'd be hillarious hearing Peyton's accent calling it how it is.

He could award the championship trophy to his brother if the NFL would allow it...