Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My 2016 prediction through rose colored glasses

bleevit

Okay, lots of ifs and a may need to update after camp starts (probably) By group:

D-line: Henry, Art and Hasson successfully join the mix.

O-line: One new starter and 2 quality backups prove out.  Huge Thornton's diet is worth it.

QB: I'm not worried about anything but his well-being.  Over 4,000 and 35 TD's

ILB: Lots of nice talent and deeper than most think.

OLB:  Look out for the old men! One hungry youngster will work out.

S: Teach, Mike, teach.

Corners: Better than most teams.

RB: Wonder what the mix will be to divide up the 1600 yards?

WR: Zoom, zoom, zoom! Speed kills.

TE: Coby won't be missed.

This team may go through some rough patches while they're learning but they'll make the playoffs and be a tough out. Who knows? I really like the look of this team.

2 hours ago, bleevit said:

Okay, lots of ifs and a may need to update after camp starts (probably) By group:

D-line: Henry, Art and Hasson successfully join the mix.

O-line: One new starter and 2 quality backups prove out.  Huge Thornton's diet is worth it.

QB: I'm not worried about anything but his well-being.  Over 4,000 and 35 TD's

ILB: Lots of nice talent and deeper than most think.

OLB:  Look out for the old men! One hungry youngster will work out.

S: Teach, Mike, teach.

Corners: Better than most teams.

RB: Wonder what the mix will be to divide up the 1600 yards?

WR: Zoom, zoom, zoom! Speed kills.

TE: Coby won't be missed.

This team may go through some rough patches while they're learning but they'll make the playoffs and be a tough out. Who knows? I really like the look of this team.

Not a fantasy.  I wouldn't even say it's best case scenario, meaning it's somewhere between possible and probable in my mind.

Of course, there's the glass half empty case, which is also possible.  But I like rose colored glass.  Hey, we're undefeated right now!

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Say that again bleevit. We all wish Fleener well in the Bayou sure, but like you said, his absence won't even be felt this season. 

That mind set might change if Allen gets injured again. Allen has missed 21 out of 43 games since he has been here. I certainly hope he don't miss any games but if he does the Colts could be hurting at the TE position. We have 5 TEs on the roster. Allen-5 years, Doyle 4 years, Swoop 1 year and Grisword and Miller are both rookies. Swoop and the 2 rookies are yet to show anything at this point. If Allen does go down there sure is not a lot of experience left. I like Doyle but I don't know if he is a #1 TE.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

That mind set might change if Allen gets injured again. Allen has missed 21 out of 43 games since he has been here. I certainly hope he don't miss any games but if he does the Colts could be hurting at the TE position. We have 5 TEs on the roster. Allen-5 years, Doyle 4 years, Swoop 1 year and Grisword and Miller are both rookies. Swoop and the 2 rookies are yet to show anything at this point. If Allen does go down there sure is not a lot of experience left. I like Doyle but I don't know if he is a #1 TE.

Well, maybe our strength & conditioning coach can work wonders for Allen CC1. Dwayne's due for a change of luck anyway [no pun intended]. I'm not that worried myself. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Well, maybe our strength & conditioning coach can work wonders for Allen CC1. Dwayne's due for a change of luck anyway [no pun intended]. I'm not that worried myself. 

When any position is that thin in experience without any proven backup it could very well become a problem. We witnessed last season the difference in the starter over the backup. The talent level dropped significantly. I am hoping Miller can do a good job as a rookie myself. He has the tools.