Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 defensive needs; but just 4 premium picks....

NewColtsFan

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don't think CB is that big of a need.  You have the two starters and Butler plus Smith who they drafted last year to be three and four.  Honestly they are in pretty good shape at corner.

Agree. I don't see it as a need either. 

12 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Thats fine but if we go into next season with this defence plus a couple of low round picks we'll probably be picking in the mid teens. 

In my view its just a general trend. Teams with outstanding offensive line players rack up pro-bowls. Teams with outstanding defenses go to superbowls. 

That's a stretch

10 hours ago, buccolts said:

I wouldn't trade down just to have enough picks to 'fill all the holes'.

You're not going to fill all the holes anyway.

You can get a new guy in every position of need, but that's just filling out a roster, and there will be TC cuts.

If they trade down for value, fine, but not just to accumulate picks.

I prefer better bodies, not just more bodies. And even that's a gamble.

if a pick cant start from day 1 and is a project more projects wont help us next season. keep our pick and try to draft an nfl ready player

13 hours ago, Archer said:

In the week leading up to the draft I came to grips with the notion that CB, ILB, and DL were not huge needs, and they wouldn't likely be addressed before round 7 (if at all).  All of those areas have enough good options that the staff likes to fill out the opening day roster.  Obviously, if the board dictates one of these positions (BPA), then it could happen.  But, I only expect a S and OLB by the end of round 5.  Just my opinion.

I agree with you how is ILB a need? We have DQ Irving Moore and Slyvester. I don't get the need there.

OLB and FS are obvious. I would never pass up a CB I thought could play but the FA  signIng and getting Smith back it's less of a need.

I think we need to add DL and we should. There should be good value thru the 5th it is such a deep group. Anderson coming off the ACL and Jones being constantly hurt. An upgrade at NT would help the D a lot. A pass rush option would make sense too.

Ww have 3 more picks before we wait on the 7th. I'm hoping to see OLB and DL with at least 2 of those picks. I could go for 2 OLB's Cowser and Perkins or McAllister and Perkins would work..