Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We really are a lucky fan base.

RockThatBlue

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:48 PM, wig said:

So 1 more than any of the worst run franchises and expansion teams. Not sure why you're trying to say that 1 title in almost half a decade is good, especially when you consider they've had one of the best QBs ever or one of the best prospects ever over the last 2 decades. 

Any one of those teams have room on their bandwagon if you are sooooo upset and disappointed in the Colts...  Bye

I feel like I should chime in just because this is how I came up with my account name.  Having Manning and then Luck back-to-back... and also being Irish.  That is pretty lucky. :clover::thmup:

wig - you have to admit that without Manning and Luck, we would have been in the conversation with the Browns for the past 20 years, so we really are a lucky fan base.  Even if we didn't get multiple SBs.

On April 2, 2016 at 6:48 PM, wig said:

So 1 more than any of the worst run franchises and expansion teams. Not sure why you're trying to say that 1 title in almost half a decade is good, especially when you consider they've had one of the best QBs ever or one of the best prospects ever over the last 2 decades. 

not sure why/how people don't understand how hard it is to win games, let alone championships, at any amateur/professional sport....

On April 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM, wig said:

This is just a personality difference. Personally, I don't look at my life and think I shouldn't want more because other people have it worse. People with your line of thinking more often than not end up with very pedestrian results, which for me personally, isn't acceptable. 

This counts as a personality flaw then. There are doctors that can help you be less of a miserable person.

Also it's clear you have never competed in anything at a high level in your life. You should quit watching sports as you don't understand them.

Since the 2006 Season, and that is going back a decade:

2006 - 12-4/4-0 (SB Champions)

2007 - 13-3/0-1

2008 - 12-4/0-1

2009 - 14-2/2-1 (AFC Conference Champions)

2010 - 10-6/0-1

2011 - 2-14/missed the Playoffs

2012 - 11-5/0-1

2013 - 11-5/1-1

2014 - 11-5/2-1 (Lost in the Championship Game)

2015 - 8-8/missed the Playoffs

-I just listed our history over the last decade. In the Regular Season we have been 104-56 = 65% winnings. We are 9-7 in the Playoffs = 56.3% winnings with 3 Final 4's, 2 AFC Conference Championships, and a World Championship. Over the last 10 seasons no team has won more games than us except the Patriots and only the Giants have won more SB's with 2. We have made the Playoffs 8 times in 10 seasons = 80% of the time! Yes we are very lucky. I went back a full decade and only the Giants have won more SB's in that time frame. Even the Patriots have only won 1 SB over the last 10 seasons showing how tough it is to win a SB, same for the Steelers - only 1 SB win. Hell we have been successful with 2 different franchise QB's as well in that time frame.

2 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

This counts as a personality flaw then. There are doctors that can help you be less of a miserable person.

Also it's clear you have never competed in anything at a high level in your life. You should quit watching sports as you don't understand them.

Internet tough guy coming through.

On 4/1/2016 at 7:25 PM, wig said:

Depends on how you look at it. The team has competed at a high level the last 15 but only has one championship in over 45 years. 

yep.  one championship in my life doesnt make me feel especially lucky.  its not bad though

the pacers really give me the small market blues