Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's going to QB Denver now?

oldunclemark

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Old school fans like you and Ts got some Karma at least. Peyton retired and Brock gave Elway the middle finger and now Elway has no QB. What I don't get is everyone was saying Elway was forcing Peyton out to sign Brock. That doesn't seem like the truth.

I don't know about pushing PM out but Elway definitely wanted Brock to stay. I think he knew that Manning was retiring and Brock of course was supposed to be the heir apparent. Well we see how that turned out lol.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't know about pushing PM out but Elway definitely wanted Brock to stay. I think he knew that Manning was retiring and Brock of course was supposed to be the heir apparent. Well we see how that turned out lol.

Elway could've made it happened by offering Brock more than what your Texans offered him. Texans offered much more and more years. I thought the whole point was to get Peyton to retire so they could pay Brock huge bucks is what I was getting at. How do you feel about Brock and Miller? I like the Miller signing and Brock IMO is better than Hoyer so IMO you guys did well. I am still not sold on Brock but he cant be worse than Hoyer. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Elway could've made it happened by offering Brock more than what your Texans offered him. Texans offered much more and more years. I thought the whole point was to get Peyton to retire so they could pay Brock huge bucks is what I was getting at. How do you feel about Brock and Miller? I like the Miller signing and Brock IMO is better than Hoyer so IMO you guys did well. I am still not sold on Brock but he cant be worse than Hoyer. 

I don't think Brock was signing back regardless of how much Elway offered. He took the benching as a slight and that much has been trickling out through the media. I like both signings as I believe they'll have a big and positive impact on the offense for years to come. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't think Brock was signing back regardless of how much Elway offered. He took the benching as a slight and that much has been trickling out through the media. I like both signings as I believe they'll have a big and positive impact on the offense for years to come. 

Yeah the Division as a whole should be tough next season. I don't think we will do much in FA but I didn't expect it. I am waiting for the Draft and a healthy Andrew next season.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Old school fans like you and Ts got some Karma at least. Peyton retired and Brock gave Elway the middle finger and now Elway has no QB. What I don't get is everyone was saying Elway was forcing Peyton out to sign Brock. That doesn't seem like the truth.

I did enjoy the Karma and Elway's sanctimonious whining about how they want guys who want to be a Bronco. After what Elway and his father did to the Colts, he has absolutely no credibility to make a comment like that. He is still the same selfish punk he always was. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

I did enjoy the Karma and Elway's sanctimonious whining about how they want guys who want to be a Bronco. After what Elway and his father did to the Colts, he has absolutely no credibility to make a comment like that. He is still the same selfish punk he always was. 

I had to give you like for that. You are like Ts, your Elway hate runs deep haha I didn't become a Colts fan until they moved in Indy in 1984 so Elway dissing the Colts didn't affect me as in I wasn't a diehard fan that had to go through him dissing our organization. That had to pee off a lot of people while that was going down.

I had to give you like for that. You are like Ts, your Elway hate runs deep haha I didn't become a Colts fan until they moved in Indy in 1984 so Elway dissing the Colts didn't affect me as in I wasn't a diehard fan that had to go through him dissing our organization. That had to pee off a lot of people while that was going down.

It was bad enough as it was, as Ernie Accorsi had to resign because he didn't want to be blamed for the goofy trade Irsay made. Then the Elway's involved George Steinbrenner, and the Yankees, who are hated in Baltimore. Then you have the arrogant, entitled press conferences he and his dad held. Go back to take a look at them in the 30 for 30 special from Elway to Marino, and if you can stomach Elway and his dad, you are a better man than me. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

It was bad enough as it was, as Ernie Accorsi had to resign because he didn't want to be blamed for the goofy trade Irsay made. Then the Elway's involved George Steinbrenner, and the Yankees, who are hated in Baltimore. Then you have the arrogant, entitled press conferences he and his dad held. Go back to take a look at them in the 30 for 30 special from Elway to Marino, and if you can stomach Elway and his dad, you are a better man than me. 

I'll have to check that out. It's weird what a difference 1 year makes. Because I wasn't a Colts fan in 1983 I didn't pay much attention to Elway dissing the Colts. I was just happy the Colts moved here in 1984 and then my parents started getting tickets for me to go to games. 1987 is when I really got deeply involved in the team when we got Dickerson.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll have to check that out. It's weird what a difference 1 year makes. Because I wasn't a Colts fan in 1983 I didn't pay much attention to Elway dissing the Colts. I was just happy the Colts moved here in 1984 and then my parents started getting tickets for me to go to games. 1987 is when I really got deeply involved in the team when we got Dickerson.

Yeah, that was my last year as a Colts fan . Elway's antics made sure 1983 was another mediocre 7-9 year. He sure would have helped Indy going into the mid 80's to late 90's. Irsay should have called his bluff and let the bum play on the Yankees A minor league team ! 

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

Yeah, that was my last year as a Colts fan . Elway's antics made sure 1983 was another mediocre 7-9 year. He sure would have helped Indy going into the mid 80's to late 90's. Irsay should have called his bluff and let the bum play on the Yankees A minor league team ! 

Yeah we stunk the first few years here but I still was glad we had a team. I was only 13 when they moved here so still pretty young. I have watched Football since the late 70's and played in little League, etc.. So I have always loved the game but when Elway dissed Baltimore I didn't even pay attention. Had he done that here it would've changed my perspective obviously.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I think we've heard this story a few times....   haha  

just messin' with ya... :)

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we stunk the first few years here but I still was glad we had a team. I was only 13 when they moved here so still pretty young. I have watched Football since the late 70's and played in little League, etc.. So I have always loved the game but when Elway dissed Baltimore I didn't even pay attention. Had he done that here it would've changed my perspective obviously.

It was a tough pill to swallow at the time. Then we got Dexter Fowlered !!!

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I know, but his comments about Osweiller were absurd based on his prior actions. Couldn't help but note the hypocrisy. 

Elway never played for us....Brock was there 4 years......gotta let it go..

Baltimore still hates us, too,  because we left.....decades ago

41 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Elway never played for us....Brock was there 4 years......gotta let it go..

Baltimore still hates us, too,  because we left.....decades ago

A few still do, but most are satisfied we have the Ravens. Not much animosity anymore. I actually pulled for Denver in the SB because of Peyton, and despite Elway. The old Baltimore thing is definitely fading, but for Elway to take a swing out the door at Osweiller, I found amazing, and quite current ! 

On 3/9/2016 at 5:55 PM, QwizBoy said:

Elway's mistake (if one were to call it that) was not bringing Osweiler in and negotiate a 3 or 4 year deal when Peyton was recovering and Brock had just helped the Broncos beat the Bengals and Patriots.  Right then.  Get it done.  Then later if Peyton got healthy, came back and led the Broncos to the SuperBowl victory, Brock would fume but be under contract.  Peyton could retire and Broncos / Osweiler move on.  Alas, that is not how the story unfolded.

But Elway and Kubiak know QB's.  They will not knee jerk into reaching for a QB that doesn't fit.  If Kaep is on the radar, I would not be surprised for them to wait it out until the Kaep deal with the 49'ers becomes guaranteed for 2016 on April 1.  If the 49'ers keep Kaep on, he will get 11.9 million guaranteed.  He will cost 15.9 million against their cap.  If cut by March 31, Kaep gets no salary, and the dead money cap hit is only 7.4 million (saving the 49'ers 8.4 million in cap hit). So no need to rush into a deal with San Francisco. And they may well have other QB plans slowly progressing along.  They will get something else done at some point. I just do not think they will draft the likes of Connor Cook to start over Mark Sanchez....  I don't see that happening at all. Or start Mark Sanchez, unless the worst happens.

47 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Elway's mistake (if one were to call it that) was not bringing Osweiler in and negotiate a 3 or 4 year deal when Peyton was recovering and Brock had just helped the Broncos beat the Bengals and Patriots.  Right then.  Get it done.  Then later if Peyton got healthy, came back and led the Broncos to the SuperBowl victory, Brock would fume but be under contract.  Peyton could retire and Broncos / Osweiler move on.  Alas, that is not how the story unfolded.

But Elway and Kubiak know QB's.  They will not knee jerk into reaching for a QB that doesn't fit.  If Kaep is on the radar, I would not be surprised for them to wait it out until the Kaep deal with the 49'ers becomes guaranteed for 2016 on April 1.  If the 49'ers keep Kaep on, he will get 11.9 million guaranteed.  He will cost 15.9 million against their cap.  If cut by March 31, Kaep gets no salary, and the dead money cap hit is only 7.4 million (saving the 49'ers 8.4 million in cap hit). So no need to rush into a deal with San Francisco. And they may well have other QB plans slowly progressing along.  They will get something else done at some point. I just do not think they will draft the likes of Connor Cook to start over Mark Sanchez....  I don't see that happening at all. Or start Mark Sanchez, unless the worst happens.

Yeah, Kaep is apparently not interested in playing for the Broncos at all, if the reports are to be believed. So I'm not sure waiting for him would go well for Denver. I don't think they believe in any of the other current QBs on the market myself, but I'm not inside their organization of course. But yeah, if push comes to shove, let Sanchez and the rookie battle it out. 

5 hours ago, MPStack said:

I thought Mike Glennon  was pretty solid his rookie year were he started some games. I wonder if Elway has any interest in him.

I'm sure he does, but the Bucs have No Interest in letting Glennon go.  They drafted him n the third round, and feel they have a superb backup to Jameis Winston.  What would it take from the Broncos to pry him away?  Certainly not a #2 pick (basically another round 3 pick for a SB champ).  Heck, I'd like the Colts to get Glennon (next year when he is a FA but other teams will overpay for him then), or try to pry Mannion away form L.A. Rams.  I doubt either team is interested in fielding mid round draft picks in place of them.

They'll let them hit FA first I'll bet.

On 3/15/2016 at 9:36 AM, QwizBoy said:

Yeah, Kaep is apparently not interested in playing for the Broncos at all, if the reports are to be believed. So I'm not sure waiting for him would go well for Denver. I don't think they believe in any of the other current QBs on the market myself, but I'm not inside their organization of course. But yeah, if push comes to shove, let Sanchez and the rookie battle it out. 

it will be interesting with additions by Texans & Jags , Vs healthy Luck who takes division but so far no moves by colts maybe as need all the $$$$$$ to resign luck

belive it or not, Btroncos never sold on Brock, last year wanted to get 

Last offseason, the Broncos did try to pick up Tyrod Taylor, but he chose the Buffalo Bills instead. Mostly so he could get the playing time he felt he could get. So this quarterback crisis was apparent to the Broncos front office long before Osweiler "proved" himself in seven starts late last season.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/16/11244456/should-the-denver-broncos-trade-for-aj-mccarron

51 minutes ago, bayone said:

it will be interesting with additions by Texans & Jags , Vs healthy Luck who takes division but so far no moves by colts maybe as need all the $$$$$$ to resign luck

Last offseason, the Broncos did try to pick up Tyrod Taylor, but he chose the Buffalo Bills instead. Mostly so he could get the playing time he felt he could get. So this quarterback crisis was apparent to the Broncos front office long before Osweiler "proved" himself in seven starts late last season.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/16/11244456/should-the-denver-broncos-trade-for-aj-mccarron

The Broncos knew what they had in Brock. That's why they didn't pay Lamborghini money for a Ford like the Texans did.

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

Obvious Brock didn't want to remain a Bronco, and when it reached that point it was time to move on, both for him and the Broncos. 

he was mad that he got benched & doesnt want to play in the shadow of a legend that just won it all again

he said somewhere this will give him a fresh start

6 hours ago, bayone said:

This sounds like something they float out there to save face. In any case, BOB tried to trade for Osweiler in the past too, and now he's got his QB of the future. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Elway thought Brock would leave, he was wrong.

He was very wrong, and now he's scrambling like a chicken with its head cut off to find a replacement. I do find the idea of the Broncos trotting out a rookie intriguing. 

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

He was very wrong, and now he's scrambling like a chicken with its head cut off to find a replacement. I do find the idea of the Broncos trotting out a rookie intriguing. 

I almost bet they Draft a QB, I cant see them rolling with RG3, Fitz, or Kaep. Cant picture Sanchise starting either long term.

I almost bet they Draft a QB, I cant see them rolling with RG3, Fitz, or Kaep. Cant picture Sanchise starting either long term.

Yeah, they supposedly really want Kaep, but I don't see it happening. I have no clue why they haven't pursued Robert Griffin.

Has anyone pursued Robert? I am a little surprised not 1 team has, at least I haven't heard about it.

I haven't heard anything either. Doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening, but he isn't getting the attention some of these others are getting in the media.